1 package spaghetti noodles

3 cups diced, cooked chicken

1/4 cup chopped green pepper

1 cup chicken broth

1 pound cheese (Velveeta)

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can cream of chicken soup

Directions:

Boil spaghetti noodles, and put them into a large bowl.

Add chicken, green pepper, and chicken broth.

In a smaller bowl, combine the cheese, diced tomatoes, and cream of chicken soup. Stir, and melt mixture in the microwave.

Pour the cheese mixture into the large bowl, and mix.

Pour the mixture into a casserole dish.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Bon Appetit!

This recipe is originally from Josh and Anna's website.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't the duggars have a "pizza" recipe that amounts to tomato sauce on bread? Sigh. Even my Norwegian grandma could make better pizza.

I think that was the Jeubs...?

Chicken Etti

1 cup chicken broth

1 can diced tomatoes

Directions:

In a smaller bowl, combine the cheese, diced tomatoes, and cream of chicken soup. Stir, and melt mixture in the microwave.

Bon Appetit!

My arteries just caved.

Chicken Etti

1 cup chicken broth

1 can diced tomatoes

Directions:

Bon Appetit!

What did I just ask you people? ;) Gawd, I thought the Tater Tot casserole was bad.

Can you post the recipe? I don't even know who Emily is...

She used to blog at under1000permonth. Here's the recipe, which isn't terrifying: under1000permonth.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/paneer-and-whey-drink.html

But there are some pictures of the finished product on this thread, which I just can't unsee: http://www.freejinger.org/viewtopic.php ... 2&start=60

Don't the duggars have a "pizza" recipe that amounts to tomato sauce on bread? Sigh. Even my Norwegian grandma could make better pizza.

I make pizza on french bread. You slice the loaf in half add homemade pizza sauce and other toppings. Put it in the over at 350 for about 15 to 20 min and its done. Slice into individual size pieces. Its simple, easy and makes great party food.

The Bateses' "poor man's steak and potatoes" or whatever they called it. A slice of bologne, instant mashed potatoes on top, with cheese sprinkled over that.

Here you can see Anna's chickenetti in all its greasy, slimy, heart attack-inducing glory:

Jim Bobs BBQ tuna sandwich

Canned tuna drained and bbq sauce. Slather that on white bread and you have one nasty sandwich.

Definitely the bbq tuna crap. Bet JimBob thinks this is gor-met cooking though. Ick.

If you're going to go through all that effort, why not make something that doesn't look like they serve it to the prisoners in solitary confinement? Fundies, I will never get them.

She used to blog at under1000permonth. Here's the recipe, which isn't terrifying: under1000permonth.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/paneer-and-whey-drink.html

But there are some pictures of the finished product on this thread, which I just can't unsee: http://www.freejinger.org/viewtopic.php ... 2&start=60

Were those shelves right above that crib? While a baby was using it? :shock: And that cheese thing looks like something someone forgot to put back in the fridge (for at least a month). Her poor kids.

To me they aren't "fundy recipes" as much as "southern recipes"? I grew up on casseroles...almost every night literally a week would look like

Tuna Casserole (Cream of soup, Canned Tuna, Egg Noodles, Cheese, some sort of frozen veggie)

Rice Casserole (Brown Rice, Ground meat, canned Veggie soup, Cheese)

"Pasta Casserole" (Ground Meat, Pasta, Spaghetti sauce, Cheese)

Chicken Casserole (Ground Meat, Noodles, Cream of Soup, Cheese, some sort of frozen veggie)

Kraft Macaroni and cheese mixed with tuna and frozen veggies

Spaghetti, but it was already all mixed together

Sometimes we would have chicken legs or thighs with mac and cheese or rice a roni and frozen veggies

There are no fundies in my family and I also grew up on casseroles. Lots of tuna hot dish.

Did anyone else have Wagon Wheel Pie? It's a casserole made in a pie pan that had strips of Spam on the top to look like a wagon wheel. I hated it, but didn't have a choice.

I think that was the Jeubs...?

Wendy used ketchup to make mini pizzas.

The french fry hot dish of her's was vile as well.

The Bateses' "poor man's steak and potatoes" or whatever they called it. A slice of bologne, instant mashed potatoes on top, with cheese sprinkled over that.

Here you can see Anna's chickenetti in all its greasy, slimy, heart attack-inducing glory:

Gotta love when Jill says with a straight face 'that smells sooo good! Do you want me to season it?'

I think it's already seasoned with the remnants of my arteries when they exploded.

Were those shelves right above that crib? While a baby was using it? :shock: And that cheese thing looks like something someone forgot to put back in the fridge (for at least a month). Her poor kids.

Don't know if it was a recipe, but pretty sure I saw Michelle feed a baby lying on a couch, rice mixed with green beans from a can, using a styrofoam cup.

Maybe she added some Cream'O'Shite soup for calcium. 5 a day Duggar style.

So I was looking at [link=http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/04/extra-flaky-scallion-pancakes-recipe.html]this recipe[/link] and at the bottom of the screen, I was informed that Serious Eats recommends [link=http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/03/homemade-tater-tots.html?obref=obinsite]this recipe[/link] for... wait for it... homemade tater tots! Now fundies can stop making idols of Ore-Ida (Ore-Idals?) and save the difference. :)

Homemade stock and flour takes more time! To make homemade stock would mean you'd have to have cooked actual meat (like whole chickens or beef) and to make it for 21 people or more would mean at least 5 chickens and a lot more effort.

They eat the food they serve at Summer camps because (drum roll, please) it's EASIER! To cook decent meals for 21 people means that at any given time, food prep, cooking, and clean-up would be on-going. There would never be a break. Of course, with J'slaves, you could rotate them in shifts through Breakfast, lunch, and dinner and have some chopping fresh veggies while others prepare decent meat.... but then who would school the kids or do the laundry?

Archived