IGNORED

Fundie Recipes

makepeace

There is a great recipe thread on a Quiverfull of Chatter.

But I was wondering about genuine fundie recipes.

Anyone tried cooking recipes posted on fundie blogs? Which are the best?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sister likes to make those recipes that get passed around, the ones the Duggars love, that use tons of cream of mushroom soup, cheese, etc. The ones I have had are pretty good actually, if you don't mind really rich, heavy things. I haven't done the tater tot casserole because while it sounds intriquing, it also sounds gross, at least to me - like, take the normal mushroom soup and cheese and add deep-fried to it, it just sounds like too much - but it sounds like one of those things that has to be tried! I just don't have an army to help finish it off so haven't made it.

This one I just found while rooting through the drawer for thanksgiving recipes. It doesn't have cream of mushroom soup in it, but does have tons of "cheese"! (I just noticed that right next to it is my sister's version of tator tot casserole, "hash brown casserole". I'll post that recipe too in case it is different than the tator tot one.

Beef and Cheese casserole

1 box velveeta shells and cheese (cook first)

1 pound ground beef

1 can corn

Mix it up and put in a 9X13 pan Put american cheese slices on top Bake at 350 for a few minutes.

Here is the hash brown casserole, in case it is different. I don't think I made it, it just sounds like a LOT of fat! :lol: But if my sister gave it to me, she must love it.

Hash Brown casserole

24 oz just-thawed hash browns (or 1 2-pound bag)

1 can cream soup (mushroom, chicken, whatever)

1/4 cup butter

1/2 tsp pepper

1 pint sour cream

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1 tsp salt

1/2 chopped onion (or fried)

Mix it all, put in 9X13 pan, and drizzle 1/4 cup of btter on top, and 1 cup cornflakes Bake 350 for 45 minutes.

I won't put the chicken casserole, it is a variant on the theme, but with real chicken and hard boiled eggs, with cream soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, and fried onion rings.

Where are the vegetables? :D At least growing babies' brains do well on a high fat diet. Right?

I have a Mormon recipe for cheesy potatoes from a woman who wasn't afraid of spices. Equal amts. of frozen hashbrowns (the shredded kind) and a good cheddar shredded (Tilamook) one or two onions sauteed with a head of minced garlic 4 tsp of crushed red peppers. Toss it all in a mixing bowl, spread into a buttered pyrex pan and bake at 350. This woman served it with salsa on the side, and her salsa was monster and hot. 12 kids in the family, I worked with the Father, and one son was my roomie for years. He made the best martini's :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

So, what's your favourite fundie recipe besides Traitor Tard Cashroll?

I think I found an incredible one

thewridefamily.blogspot.com/2011/12/chocolate-spinach-protein-shake.html

I actually think it sounds good. I drink kale/cuke/ginger juice every day, though.

I drink celery-ginger-pineapple. But chocholate and spinach sounds like vanilla and anchovies to me.

I drink celery-ginger-pineapple. But chocholate and spinach sounds like vanilla and anchovies to me.

I have to do something to help with my cake addiction!

I have to do something to help with my cake addiction!

Maybe you are addicted to refined sugar, can't it be. That's worse than heroine addiction or chain smoking, since it seems much more innocent.

:!:

Maybe you are addicted to refined sugar, can't it be. That's worse than heroine addiction or chain smoking, since it seems much more innocent.

:roll: seriously?

:!:

:roll: seriously?

No, I get what she is saying. Refined sugar can be horrible to go off of. when I did it, all I thought about was sugar....it wasn't even hidden sugars I wanted, I wanted a spoonful of SUGAR!I felt so much better off it, but a horribly stressful day while on my period did me in, and one handful of peanut M&Ms put me right back at the beginning! I plan on doing it again after Christmas. Hopefully, this time I can do it for life.

I'm not sure why you would want to cut out all sugar, but whatever -- everyone can eat the way they want. I just think comparing an "addiction" to sugar to an addiction to heroin is fairly absurd. As someone who was good friends with a person almost killed by their heroin addiction -- who saw that the addiction would lead him to steal, cheat, destroy all of those he loved emotionally, physically, and financially, be found in a gutter bleeding and dragged to a mental hospital, almost die and STILL go back to the heroin, I find it offensive to compare the two. And silly.

Uh oh. The sugar police have come for me! Hide the cubes! No need to sign me up for Sucrose Anonymous just yet, now. I imbibe socially, I swear!

I often post things about cake and photos of cake on this here site, so the comment about cake was amusing to me. I happen to think kale and cocoa isn't that gross, considering I've had a faux German Chocolate cake made with washed sauerkraut.

This recipe is far less repulsive than chickenetti!

Uh oh. The sugar police have come for me! Hide the cubes! No need to sign me up for Sucrose Anonymous just yet, now. I imbibe socially, I swear!

I often post things about cake and photos of cake on this here site, so the comment about cake was amusing to me. I happen to think kale and cocoa isn't that gross, considering I've had a faux German Chocolate cake made with washed sauerkraut.

The sauerkraut cake is YUMMY. Its like, my great aunt's "secret"

No, I get what she is saying. Refined sugar can be horrible to go off of. when I did it, all I thought about was sugar....it wasn't even hidden sugars I wanted, I wanted a spoonful of SUGAR!I felt so much better off it, but a horribly stressful day while on my period did me in, and one handful of peanut M&Ms put me right back at the beginning! I plan on doing it again after Christmas. Hopefully, this time I can do it for life.

Thank you, I would not have bothered exlaining it. Seriously, not. BTW congrats on your success and even more, on your education in nutrition.

I have not looked at the recipe because the mere word chickenetti makes me gag. When I hear chickenetti, I think of the shredded remains of the chickens that they feed back to living chicken at giant corporational chicken farms.

Don't knock it till you've tried it! We make green smoothies using spinach at home, often flavouring them with banana, strawberries, peach, mango etc. I've made one similar to the one in the OP. The smoothies look ghastly but actually taste really good.

Don't knock it till you've tried it! We make green smoothies using spinach at home, often flavouring them with banana, strawberries, peach, mango etc. I've made one similar to the one in the OP. The smoothies look ghastly but actually taste really good.

With fruits? Maybe! With chocolate? Thx not... BTW I haven't tried TTC, will not, ever, but won't sto laughing at it. Maybe because it's overdone, or maybe because eating it all the time lacks good taste and class. :)

I have not looked at the recipe because the mere word chickenetti makes me gag. When I hear chickenetti, I think of the shredded remains of the chickens that they feed back to living chicken at giant corporational chicken farms.

This no longer happens. Due to the Mad Cow scare, an animal can't be fed the meat from the same species in a commercial operation. Lots of gross stuff still happens at those farms, but chickens are not fed chicken. (but this isn't really unnatrual, as chickens will canibalize another chicken if it dies in their flock.)

Chickens are omnivores, but I do draw the line at feeding mine poultry.

Angri-la, I LOVE your location!

If we're talking nasty stuff, see MckMama's cheater potato soup recipe. It's basically cream of mushroom soup, heavy cream, and a diced up potato. :puke-front:

Archived