IGNORED

Duggar World Tour

Kitten

If my bank account holds out, I will go to see the Duggars in Scotland. They won't precisely blend in ;)

Kunoichi, a fellow Scot? You in?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no, they aren't coming to the UK are they? It was bad enough when Dougie and his cronies came over. Still I suppose at least it is Scotland only. Poor Scotland, I feel very sorry for those north of the border now.

www.christian.org.uk/news/scots-same-se ... n-launched

Looks like Scotland will be debating GAY MARRIAGE while the Duggars visit. Hopefully they'll pass a gay kiss-in protest, or have a gay tour guide.

Somehow I don't think that either country is going to bow down and kiss this family's ass.

JB: "Hey, can I sit on that throne?"

Scots: *horrified stares*

JB:"Hey, did you know JESUS is actually the messiah? Don't you wanna be christian now?"

Isrelies: *horrified stares*

http://www.christian.org.uk/news/scots-same-sex-marriage-consultation-launched

Looks like Scotland will be debating GAY MARRIAGE while the Duggars visit. Hopefully they'll pass a gay kiss-in protest, or have a gay tour guide.

Somehow I don't think that either country is going to bow down and kiss this family's ass.

JB: "Hey, can I sit on that throne?"

Scots: *horrified stares*

JB:"Hey, did you know JESUS is actually the messiah? Don't you wanna be christian now?"

Isrelies: *horrified stares*

That article is terrible, but I am a Scottish politics nerd and explaining why it's so wrong would be wildly OT. Suffice it to say the Duggars' viewpoints will not be too popular around here ;)

Even our fundies, and we have some, tend towards "dour" rather than "J.O.Y"...and we're in the middle of a huge row over Catholic/Protestant sectarianism here, hm not best time to visit ;)

That article is terrible, but I am a Scottish politics nerd and explaining why it's so wrong would be wildly OT. Suffice it to say the Duggars' viewpoints will not be too popular around here ;)

Oh no. I think we need to talk about the article now. I would actually be interested to hear your take on it, as I know next to nothing about Scottish politics, and the parts that I understood had a whole lot of stupid in them. First of all Canada has PROVINCES not states.

And I have to ask if this quote from the article makes any sense to you at all:

If civil partnerships were retained alongside homosexual marriage, the cost to the state could be huge. If the situation was extended to the whole of the UK Ben Summerskill of Stonewall estimated the loss in tax revenue at £5bn. And there would be an injustice against unmarried siblings who share a house and take care of each other.

First of all, I really hope that siblings are unmarried. Also, are there really all that many cohabitating siblings?

Okay call me a party pooper but why are they going on such an expensive trip! I know they are not paying for it but still. Jeez help thise who want to 'make a wish' or other people who might never do such a trip. This show is getting too kate Gosslin fot me grrrr

Scotland - Switzerland? In School of the Dining Room Table Geography I suppose there is not much difference between the two.

That said, I heart Scotland for giving the world Ewan Mcgregor. :) :oops: :oops: :oops:

It was a crazy article! To do a brief bit of background, Scotland has a Nationalist government, and it functions a bit like states do in the US. Some matters are devolved to Scotland (education, agriculture, housing policy etc) and some matters can only be decided by the UK government (examples are defence, welfare benefits and, most relevant to this board, abortion rights). Our government in power in Scotland wants Scotland to eventually be fully independent of the UK.

Why this article is stupid...well many reasons. First of all, it mixes up the difference between Scots law and English law. What holds in Scotland won't automatically hold in England.

Things don't start in Scotland and get rolled out over the whole UK. We are talking three nations with devolved governments and the UK government, who each have very different politics and outlooks.

The argument about immigration is totally stupid as not only is immigration reserved to the UK government, the Scottish Government is on record as wanting to encourage immigration to Scotland anyway.

The "marriage" thing is really an exercise in gauging public opinion but Scottish Ministers have made no secret of the fact they are in favour. This seems more like finding out how the public and faith groups feel. I cannot for the life of me see how this will lead to polygamy or be anything more than a change in definition, as we already have civil partnership legislation here. The Stonewall estimate, if quoted correctly, would be for the whole UK over a period of years, not Scotland alone. Again, this would be reliant on immigration policy, which we do not set up here.

I could write an essay ;) but finally, yeah, the siblings thing. WTF. This whole article reads like it was written by a person rehashing American arguments with no regard to the huge differences in the systems between the US and UK.

For a start, siblings can't marry anywhere. We have civil partnerships. They can't have one of those either. So what, precisely, would change? All that would happen is civil partnerships are secular and this would permit a religious ceremony.

Thanks JFC, that was interesting. The article didn't seem to be very accurate and now I know it is not. I guess reporters should actually do some research before they start writing...

That is quite a defrauding picture that Amy has on her facebook. I would think JimBob would not be impressed.

I'm sure that right-wing Israelis will embrace the Duggars in the same way that they embraced stupid Glenn Beck and his ludicrous rally in Israel a few weeks ago. To me it's pretty clear that the two sides are quite content to use each other, being confident that THEIR version of theology is the correct one.

JesusFightClub - As a matter of fact, I could possibly go undercover, since I dress fairly fundie as it is!

But I think I might give the Freejingerites away by throwing up. Seriously, these people would make me sick to my stomach.

Though I do know a few people who would be interested in a gay kiss in in front of the Duggars lol.

When they come here, I'll be hiding under my bed. Because......oh, god.

Good to hear from another Scot here though!

I can picture the Duggars showing Ethiopian restaurant levels of rudeness on the flight to Israel when the orthodox Jews go to the back of the plane to pray. JimBob would probably be one of those people who freaks out at the sight of men strapping on tefillin.

I'm back in England now....feels tiny compared to the US....am tempted to go and take a peek if they visit scotland.....when would trip be any clue?

I feel VERY sorry for fellow passengers on the transatlantic flight....(hell I would pay extra money for kid-free planes sometimes) from america you generally fly through the night to the UK, I just think of those poor girls having to handle the Howlers, whilst it wouldnt surprise me if Michelle and JB flew first class lol :)

Am personally looking forward to the Duggars seeing some kilts though.....imagine how they're gonna feel seeing men wearing "skirts"....in the wind....NIKE!!!!!

I'm back in England now....feels tiny compared to the US....am tempted to go and take a peek if they visit scotland.....when would trip be any clue?

I feel VERY sorry for fellow passengers on the transatlantic flight....(hell I would pay extra money for kid-free planes sometimes) from america you generally fly through the night to the UK, I just think of those poor girls having to handle the Howlers, whilst it wouldnt surprise me if Michelle and JB flew first class lol :)

Am personally looking forward to the Duggars seeing some kilts though.....imagine how they're gonna feel seeing men wearing "skirts"....in the wind....NIKE!!!!!

I hope something like that happens and it is aired on TV.

I can picture the Duggars showing Ethiopian restaurant levels of rudeness on the flight to Israel when the orthodox Jews go to the back of the plane to pray. JimBob would probably be one of those people who freaks out at the sight of men strapping on tefillin.

Actually, I can see Boob treating it like a "show". "Come on kids, come back here and watch what they are doing. He'll provide nariation and even ask questions instead of letting them pray peacefully.

Thanks JFC, that was interesting. The article didn't seem to be very accurate and now I know it is not. I guess reporters should actually do some research before they start writing...

Glad I didn't bore you too much! I agree about the article, it must have been written by an English person not very understanding of Scots law or UK politics, and they have just borrowed US arguments against gay marriage.

JesusFightClub - As a matter of fact, I could possibly go undercover, since I dress fairly fundie as it is!

But I think I might give the Freejingerites away by throwing up. Seriously, these people would make me sick to my stomach.

Though I do know a few people who would be interested in a gay kiss in in front of the Duggars lol.

I know quite a few people who are interested in a gay kiss any place, any time ;) There could be a gay kiss in!

I quite understand your feelings towards the Duggars but if you change your mind let me know. Your modest dress would be perfect. And you could help disguise me, I shave my head and I don't possess any skirts, but you could be leading me to the joys of Christianity and dominionism or something ;)

It is nice to meet another FJ Scot! Whereabouts are you from?

I know quite a few people who are interested in a gay kiss any place, any time ;) There could be a gay kiss in!

I quite understand your feelings towards the Duggars but if you change your mind let me know. Your modest dress would be perfect. And you could help disguise me, I shave my head and I don't possess any skirts, but you could be leading me to the joys of Christianity and dominionism or something ;)

It is nice to meet another FJ Scot! Whereabouts are you from?

I'm from the Glasgow area. Where are you from?

Perhaps I'll come round to it. I will let you know......I just don't know if I could stand the wilfull ignorance\judgemental attitudes.

Rural Scotland originally, transplanted to Embra at the moment. I lived in Glasgow for a while though, and I still miss it...great city!

Rural Scotland originally, transplanted to Embra at the moment. I lived in Glasgow for a while though, and I still miss it...great city!

It is!

Hmmmm.....maybe we should get organised with this gay kissing thing ;)

If I do manage to reconcile myself to being near them, I'll be sure to let you know.

Scotland - Switzerland? In School of the Dining Room Table Geography I suppose there is not much difference between the two.

That said, I heart Scotland for giving the world Ewan Mcgregor. :) :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hey, I claimed him first! :twisted:

Wonder if they're traveling by private jet. 25 Duggars plus the TLC crew could really be a mess if they go commercial. And we all know about DUGGAR TIME...no commercial airline could survive!

Archived