IGNORED

Duggar World Tour

Kitten

I was casually facebook stalking Amy Duggar, as you do, and noticed this. She posted a status:

So AMAZED at what God can Do!!!

and the first comment is..

Such as make a country like Switzerland, for example! ;-)

Amy then replies..

Hahahahahaha!!!! I knew it was one of those land countries lol

So i'm not 100% sure, it seems like she could have had a conversation with the first commenter previously and it was an 'in' joke (the winking face, Amy's extended 'hahahaha').

But if they are going to Switzerland, could there be a missonary/preachy reason? Do ATI, Vision Forum, or any of the other organizations the Duggars are affiliated with have anything to do with Switzerland?

Edited to add the link: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/profi ... 98&sk=wall (not breaking it cos it's facebook)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sound of Music is one their most favorite movies.I would expect them to visit countries associated with the Von Trapps-Austria,Switzerland and Germany.

Well, L'Abri, the evangelical center founded by the late Francis Schaeffer and his wife Edith, is in Switzerland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Abri

If you don't know who Francis Schaeffer was: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Schaeffer

According to their son, Frank, Edith did not actually follow all the stuff she said was found in the Bible. She did not believe that the Bible laid down rules about birth control and she has gay and non-evangelical, non-fundie friends. However, some of her writing has been influential among women in the patriarchy movement. Edith is still living, btw.

Edith Schaeffer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edith_Schaeffer

For good measure, here is Frank's wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Schaeffer

Frank's done a 180 from how he was raised. He regrets the part he played in the rise of the religious right and he's no longer and evangelical. He joined the Orthodox Church

I didn't really care for Switzerland. Everything seemed sterile and expensive. I liked Austria much better.

I'm predicting that the footage of this trip will make me laugh harder than National Lampoon's European Vacation.

After reading abt Doug's manly romps today, I'd say they may be going somewhere with him. But since the Duggars left their girls ski, etc, maybe not.

I didn't really care for Switzerland. Everything seemed sterile and expensive. I liked Austria much better.

I'm predicting that the footage of this trip will make me laugh harder than National Lampoon's European Vacation.

I'm hoping for India or Japan, just so we can see how much they don't "judge" when they have to eat the local cuisine. Hell, real "Eye-talian" would be a revelation for these morons.

Sadly, I'm afraid they will only perpetuate the stereotype of the "Ugly American," no matter where they go. And I don't think they're going to countries that don't speak English; the Duggars are of Scottish descent, IIRC, so I expect trips there and possibly to Ireland to "visit" St. Patrick. That would be a tie in to that wretched St. Paddy's Day episode, where Michelle called St. Patrick a "Christian" which is true, but neglecting the fact that there was no Protestant sect. Not to mention, Michelle admits they had to google him to know anything at all.

If they want to make it a real learning experience for the kids, take them to places that are relevant to Cromwell, et al. Pity the Church of England is Catholic-lite, but hey, they kick out the Catholics and reigned in those pesky Presbyterians in Scotland! Yeehaw! Dominionism rules!!!!!1111

Ugh! Here we go again. I hope the Boob brushed up on his swiss-o language skills before he left. Poor country.

Maybe Austria like someone mentioned. Anyone else puzzled by Vision Forum "adopting" the very, very Catholic Von Trapps as a "poster family?"

Could also be Scotland since the UK/Ireland were originally mentioned. I can just see the howler monkeys running around screaming for the Loch Ness Monster.

Or even worse, a "very special moment" at the grave of the Patron Saint of Perfect Motherhood--Princess Diana with her smarmy brother getting paid for every one of the kids and crew......Oh, that's right! She committed adultery! Wow all the hype over her perfection I forgot that for a moment.

Ugh! Here we go again. I hope the Boob brushed up on his swiss-o language skills before he left. Poor country.

You know if they go there, JB's going to be talking about speaking "Swiss" :roll:

And they will probably show the howlers trying to figure out how to identify the people that live there as Swiss and not Switzerlanders or something.

The more I think about it, Switzerland and Scotland would make sense. Dougie's European Vacation venerated those two locations as important in the history of Protestantism.

As for the love of Catholic Von Trapps, I think it's because they see Maria's journey from nun to wife as analogous of the woman's proper journey of being a virgin until called by G-d to marry.

As long as they don't come down to sully my beautiful Leicester... nah, it's full of TEH EEVIL IZLAM. Mind you, we are notorious for preachers of every persuasion under the clock tower, so you never know. I would laugh so so hard if they did, and bring my atheist boyfriend along for a good debate.

YES!!11! I've thought all along it HAD to be Israel! It's the only place that made any sense to me for them to go to. The Holy Land. Don't disappoint me, Jim Bob!

According to Duggar Family Blog it's Scotland and Israel.

Yeah, Amy, it's one of those "land" countries :roll: I hope that was a joke.

Yeah, Amy, it's one of those "land" countries :roll: I hope that was a joke.

Yeah, I had to think about that for a minute. I'm still not sure what she means...

Yeah, I had to think about that for a minute. I'm still not sure what she means...

Maybe it's just me, but it read as if she couldn't remember the name of it. I thought, "Wow. Is she that much of a dumbass that she couldn't remember the word 'Switzerland'?!

I'm looking at the Hebrew article linked to by the Duggar Family Blog.

It seems to be focusing on the whole not going into debt thing and ignoring the fact that the Duggars are fundies. But I don't know, I'm just skimming it and my Hebrew is really only so-so.

But I am amused that they refer to Jim Bob as simply "Jim". I think they realize how silly and hickish the name "Jim Bob" is.

You could put it through Google Translate. It's also much funnier that way.

Yeah, but I'm not particularly interested in what it says. I'm more interested in using it as a chance to practice my Hebrew. But thanks for the suggestion.

Archived