IGNORED

Duggar World Tour

Kitten

Ireland?? That will be interesting and for sure pretty awkward. They'll be sorounded by Catholics and Ireland is the country in Europe with the highest alcohol drinking rate per person (sorry, if thats not idiomatic it all... I just asked my boyfriend how to say that and thats what we "constructed")

The Duggars wander into a pub.

The Duggars wander into yet another pub.

The Duggars order cider, not realising it's alcoholic.

Plenty of wacky hijinks to be had. Maybe Jim Bob can pretend to speak Irish and mangle every single Irish word.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hahaha, Duggars overseas. I really wanna see them go to India where Hinduism is the major religion. Plus, all the women in saris = defrauding. I would LOVE to hear what JB has to say about my family's culture.

Ugh, this might as well have been written by the Cousin Amy Fan Club.

The article says Amy is a fulltime nanny. Yeah, a fulltime nanny with A LOT of time to go out, tan, sing and follow her more famous family around...

The article says Amy is a fulltime nanny. Yeah, a fulltime nanny with A LOT of time to go out, tan, sing and follow her more famous family around...

She's probably a full-time nanny for her family. Wouldn't surprise me.

She and her mom are just riding on the Duggar's coattail for their own personal gain. Honestly, I think that's why Amy's last name is still "Duggar"; she knows it'll get her recognition and attention. She claims she's a hard worker but all I ever saw on her now private facebook is how she's out and about, tanning, sleeping, bumming, etc. Yeah, you're a true inspiration for those who look up to you. It amazes me how she's 24 years old since she acts like a teenager. What Rebekah, Anna's sister, said about her was true; she needs to stop using God as her excuse for everything. You're just a famewhore, thinking that your uncle and aunt's "status" will get you so far in your music career.

By the way, Amy, it's "thank *space* you!" and not "thankyou!"

If you actually paid attention in school, you would know that there is a space between those two words.

To Deanna: you're in your 40s, you do not need to use a bajillion exclamation points after everything you post.

I saw a soldier the other day at the MN State Fair and the name on his pocket was Duggar. I so wanted to ask him if he was related to "THE" Duggars but I thought it would be rude.

Nell

"America's favorite cousin?" Really? I don't think so.

Wow. 25 days? Guess there will be no homeskool in September. Do they ever stay home long enough for those kids to learn anything? No wonder Jackson can't read!

full time nanny?? seriously? she is sooo annoying. I really wonder what's going to happen to her when the show ends.

By the way, Amy, it's "thank *space* you!" and not "thankyou!"

If you actually paid attention in school, you would know that there is a space between those two words.

Well, she doesn't know grammar too well. She writes "your" when it's supposed to be "you're". She doesn't know how to use apostrophes or that she should use them. For example: "How was everyones weekend?"

Speaking of grammar though, I know I make some English mistakes myself (but English is not my first language...). Could someone explain to me why it's "A university course" and not "An university course"? Is it because the "course" decides the A or An, and not the "University"? I haven't studied any English since high school, and it was not very serious back then. They should have taught us more grammar, but they figured that since the grammar in our own language is very similar to the English grammar we didn't have to focus much on it.

Does Deanna homeschool, too?? Or was Amy just too busy looking good at school while she actually should have paid attention?!

Well, she doesn't know grammar too well. She writes "your" when it's supposed to be "you're". She doesn't know how to use apostrophes or that she should use them. For example: "How was everyones weekend?"

Speaking of grammar though, I know I make some English mistakes myself (but English is not my first language...). Could someone explain to me why it's "A university course" and not "An university course"? Is it because the "course" decides the A or An, and not the "University"? I haven't studied any English since high school, and it was not very serious back then. They should have taught us more grammar, but they figured that since the grammar in our own language is very similar to the English grammar we didn't have to focus much on it.

It's vowel sounds, not vowels themselves, that usually decide the a/an thing. University is pronounced with a 'y' at the beginning, so it's 'a', like 'a yak'.

"America's favorite cousin?" Really? I don't think so.

Wow. 25 days? Guess there will be no homeskool in September. Do they ever stay home long enough for those kids to learn anything? No wonder Jackson can't read!

How did you find that out?

No wonder Jackson can't read!

How did you find that out?

Well, at he couldn't read last year- hopefully, things have changed.

Last year, during the episode where the Duggars taped the "Life at the Pond" segment, (Season 6, episode 86, "Josie Duggar, Home at Last", aired 8/31/2010) Jackson, 6 years old, was handed a script. He said, "But I can't read!!" The guy who was in charge looked a bit surprised, but quickly recovered and said he would tell him his lines. And, it appeared that Justin, who was 7 at the time, needed help reading the script too. A few episodes later Jackson asked if monkey started with a J, so evidently he didn't know the letter sounds.

So, I was looking at the family picture in the article and I noticed that they've randomly added another child again :? Who's the little blond girl standing next to Michelle and holding Josie? It's definitely not Joy or Hannie, but seems to be between their ages. They also neglected to mention that Anna, Kynzie and Michael are going on the trip as well...but I guess they're not really relevant to Amy's Biggest Fan.

What happened to giving Josie special protection until she's two? They're taking her to "faraway and exotic countries, plus ones closer to home". That can be seriously dangerous for a child with an underdeveloped immune system, especially since they've never said whether or not she is able to be vaccinated.

slickcat79,

Josie should be able to be vaccinated unless perhaps she has unless she has one of a couple of neurological disorders. I do think the vaccination schedule might be adjusted a bit, but I could be wrong about that.

I'm drawing on my memory from almost 24 years ago. I don't think anything has changed though.

So does she work as her Aunt/Uncle's Nanny or a for real non-related family? I'm guessing it's more like "babysits when I have nothing else to do......"

The point is "wisdom" remember? Not "knowledge" which, according Proverbs (I think) "puffs" you all up and makes you "proud." So, Jackson and the others are getting WISDOM by riding in the bus 1/2 their life and doing inspiring exercises in knowledge like picking apples that are left on the tree just so he and his siblings can pick them for the cameras.

I thought Josie was already two?

I would think her vaccination schedule would at least need to be adjusted, but even so, she still should not be dragged off to developing countries until she is well out of danger. And by that I mean, probably around 5 or 6.

slickcat79,

Josie should be able to be vaccinated unless perhaps she has unless she has one of a couple of neurological disorders. I do think the vaccination schedule might be adjusted a bit, but I could be wrong about that.

I'm drawing on my memory from almost 24 years ago. I don't think anything has changed though.

Josie can be vaccinated. In the past the pertussis part of the DPT was not given to children with certain neurological conditions. Now the pertussis component has been changed, it's called attenuated pertussis and is safe for all children. The 3 in 1 shot is now called DTaP. In the past the pertussis immunization was not given past age 7. Then we saw teens and young adults getting pertussis. I even got it from an unimmunized patient (he wasn't immunized for pertussis because of his neurological condition). People over the age of 7 can get the DTaP. The next time you are due for a tetanus shot (every 10 years unless a significant injury, then 7-8 years) ask for the DTaP so you have pertussis protection. It was a very rough disease to go through.

Nell

I would think her vaccination schedule would at least need to be adjusted, but even so, she still should not be dragged off to developing countries until she is well out of danger. And by that I mean, probably around 5 or 6.

No one should travel to 3rd world countries without being up to date not only on routine immunizations but also Hepatitis A, and others depending on where they are going. Does anyone know what countries they are going to?

A little OT but the state of CA requires all students in grades 7-12 to have a current Pertussis vaccination. There has been a large outbreak of cases across the state.

My son got pertussis 12 years ago and we almost lost him. It was a horrible time.

Archived