IGNORED

Duggar daily schedule

annalena

She has all her kids do the chores and shopping. She doesn't help cook or clean. She has her elderly mother-in-law do all those mountains of laundry. She "homeschools" her kids by popping them in front of a computer with Switched-On Schoolhouse programs. Sounds pretty lazy to me.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michelle's job (other than getting pregnant and gushing about it)? Making lists of jobs for other people. It is nice to see some boys names on the chore list. I long ago suspected that Michelle would ignore gender roles if she needed help bad enough. (So she could continue to stay pregnant.)

I have watched just a few episodes of the Duggars, so I don't know much about them. But I know a recurring theme here is that Michelle is seen as lazy. Why is that? I understand that she has the girls scheduled to help with meals and cleaning, but just because Michelle isn't on the schedule doesn't mean she's sitting around reading a book. I assume she helps the kids, homeschools the kids, cares for the babies, etc. I used to homeschool and I know it's a very demanding job. I only had 3. I can't even begin to imagine homeschooling 20 kids!

I am not in any way defending her - I'm really just wondering if there is evidence to support the belief that Michelle is lazy. I am truly curious.

It's not 20 kids to begin with, everyone from Josiah(?) up already graduated.

So, even if she's homeschooling, she is NOT homeschooling 20 kids.

3:30 Home. "Fun" with Anna while the kids nap

3:35 Nap until dinner

I love the time dedicated for "fun": 5 minutes :D Sadly (or luckily for Anna?), it might be very true.

There are 2 kitchens that Jana is responsible for cleaning. Why do they need 2 kitchens? Don't they have a commercial-sized kitchen already?

I'm totally pissed they have the nice front-loading washing machines. Those aren't exactly cheap!

Take a look at the comments below the pictures posted on the TLC page that was linked to in the first post. Actually, if you already have high blood pressure, don't look. It'll just make it worse. People are so stupid. One holier-than-thou called another woman a "temptress" because of her profile picture. She's just standing there in a nice black outfit, posing for a picture. There's no "come hither" look at all. What a fucking weirdo.

I have watched just a few episodes of the Duggars, so I don't know much about them. But I know a recurring theme here is that Michelle is seen as lazy. Why is that? I understand that she has the girls scheduled to help with meals and cleaning, but just because Michelle isn't on the schedule doesn't mean she's sitting around reading a book. I assume she helps the kids, homeschools the kids, cares for the babies, etc. I used to homeschool and I know it's a very demanding job. I only had 3. I can't even begin to imagine homeschooling 20 kids!

I am not in any way defending her - I'm really just wondering if there is evidence to support the belief that Michelle is lazy. I am truly curious.

I haven't watched that many episodes either, but to me it's pretty obvious that J'chelle's jurisdictions are: be pregnant, boss everyone around, and sit on her ass and be interviewed by TLC. Oh, and do monstrous things to her hair.

I watched the first few minutes of that first episode on youtube...I thought I didn't like this family BEFORE I had even watched any of the show. HONESTLY. How can people think having this many kids is responsible and ok?? It's pretty obvious that the "buddy system" is bull and Michelle can't be that attached to her children. Why does she pass off the new kiddo at all? Oh yeah...I guess it's because she's usually pregnant by the time she weans. :think:

And JimBob's buddy is Michelle? Holy shit...

/rant

Ugh! Those comments are ridiculous. Why does every family have to be like the Duggars? Every comment on there is "Oh, the Duggars are awesome! Every family should be like them." or " the Duggars are such a great family. People should read their books and learn from them." Why? What's wrong with my family the way it is? Why do we have to be a carbon copy of the Duggars? Why would anyone want their family to be a carbon copy of someone else's family?

I do nothing the same way the Duggars do and I can tell you that I know, without a doubt, I'm a better mother than Michelle. At least I take care of my own kid and spend time playing with him. I work a full time job and am gone 9 to 10 hours a day and I still spend more time with him than Michelle spends with her children. I honestly question whether or not Michelle even likes her kids. It appears as if she checked out a long time ago. Her amazement and wonder at the bond she forged with Josie was just sad. It made me want to cry for the other kids.

I don't think Michelle is extremely lazy and years ago she was probably doing more than she is doing now. Before the J'Slaves reached their teen years, she admitted she had difficulties looking after the first seven kids. As the buddy system went into full swing, she started doing less.

I think Michelle does some of the homeschooling, but there is evidence that the J'Slaves do quite a bit.

What's always irritated me about their schedules are the kids' checklists. They spend about 6 hours a day working on those things, and they're at least as much chores as they are schoolwork. In one of the webisodes from their stay in Little Rock, JB mentions how they work on school in the morning and then do chores so that they stay busy all day. Schoolwork and chores are not the same thing, and I don't think they should be considered equivalent. Yes, it's important for the kids to have responsibilities around the home, but they've always had too much work and too little education, as well as very little fun/private time.

Just look at their list of jurisdictions. The kids cover all of the cooking, cleaning and laundry, as well as tutoring and care of the little kids. In the first special, the kids list off their jurisdictions and one of the older girls has "my parents' room" as hers :roll: What kid should have to clean their parents' room as part of their chores? You can see where their priorities are.

What's always irritated me about their schedules are the kids' checklists. They spend about 6 hours a day working on those things, and they're at least as much chores as they are schoolwork. In one of the webisodes from their stay in Little Rock, JB mentions how they work on school in the morning and then do chores so that they stay busy all day. Schoolwork and chores are not the same thing, and I don't think they should be considered equivalent. Yes, it's important for the kids to have responsibilities around the home, but they've always had too much work and too little education, as well as very little fun/private time.

Just look at their list of jurisdictions. The kids cover all of the cooking, cleaning and laundry, as well as tutoring and care of the little kids. In the first special, the kids list off their jurisdictions and one of the older girls has "my parents' room" as hers :roll: What kid should have to clean their parents' room as part of their chores? You can see where their priorities are.

I wonder if they keep the children busy so as to not allow them to "think" too much. Sitting around and doing nothing, especially for the smartest children in the pack, would allow them to maul over their life and maybe realize they don't like it and don't want to live this way. Can't have that now.

Archived