IGNORED

Priscilla Keller and David Waller engaged

terranova

Yeah, I need to know whether or not I should buy a few extra packs of Mountain Dew and beef jerky next time I go, so I can send it in time for the reception.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down in my neck of the woods, we have "open church" weddings, so I'm guessing their RSVP is similar. I'm further surmising that they are unaware of the great big outside world. I don't dislike them sufficiently to be mean by RSVPing.

Yeah, I need to know whether or not I should buy a few extra packs of Mountain Dew and beef jerky next time I go, so I can send it in time for the reception.

The Smuggar registry was classic. What's even better is that no one could confirm it as a fake; it appears that shit was the real deal (and showed a lot about Smuggar's dietary habits, aside from the Pingles) that no one would have known about before the wedding and subsequent weight blow-up.

The Smuggar registry was classic. What's even better is that no one could confirm it as a fake; it appears that shit was the real deal (and showed a lot about Smuggar's dietary habits, aside from the Pingles) that no one would have known about before the wedding and subsequent weight blow-up.

LOL. I love that I wasn't the only one who noticed they had a registry at WalMart. Leave it to good old Josh to find the classiest place to register.

Oooooh where can you see Josh & Anna registry?? What did they register for?? Pringles?

I'll bring some homemade dessert or something, you know, or maybe I should buy it used and save the difference? (barf)

Are you really serious that J and A registered at Walmart? Classic! I would've bought them, idk, a two-four of those pine tree shaped awful smelling mirror hangers for the used cars. Classy, yet practical.

You know many, many people register at Wal-mart and even have wedding cakes made their for the fact that a lot of people just can't afford to buy wedding gifts at nicer places.

In my understanding many people ask for cheap things on a register because they want every one even children to be able to buy something and feel a part of the whole thing.My cousin,who had just graduated medical school asked for those lemony garbage disposal deodorizer balls on his list.If J/A did this it would make sense with all those kids.

You might not expect it but I bet many a six year would feel pretty proud to give a gift he picked out himself off the list and bought with his own money,nicely wrapped and all.

We didn't even ask for gifts; I had inherited deco silver from my mother's family and matching dishes for everyday. We could have used newer everyday silverware, but what we had was perfectly fine and we figured at our ages (31/34 when we got married), we'd be censured for being greedy. One of my friends gave me a breadmaker, but I never had time to make bread, so I gave it to Goodwill a couple years later. My parents belatedly bought us a bed (we were sleeping on a futon, which was fine when we were in-shape little whipper-snappers), but I got pregnant and they insisted...not a week after the thing was delivered, I miscarried. That was horrible, but 16 years later we still have the bed and matching dresser that we paid for.

Heck, Boob, Jim Sammons and their cronies would be proud of us; we pay off our credit cards every month, car was paid for (brand new) with cash, and we owe no soul or institution no money. That'll change BIG TIME when I start grad school next fall. :(

Then again, I didn't get a house from grandma or a couple of car lots from Daddy (and paid for school, mostly OOP until my last two years, in which I've received grants for performance and a combination of family income (the income ceiling to qualify is high in CA ...almost 6 figures last year when I filled out my FAFSA) has allowed me to go to school tuition-free. And hey, I'm allowing the Headship to pay the bills (I haven't worked for pay in 3 years)! Score more fundie points for me! :dance:

Archived