IGNORED

Priscilla Keller and David Waller engaged

terranova

Suze made her choice when she made the choice to break out-She could either stay with the family and have her parents and those siblings still towing the line involved in big moments in her life and she still participate in family events or distance herself from her past almost completely,which she did.She can't have it both ways.

That's the saddest, and worst, thing about it though. That she had to make a choice and that she can't have it both ways. Why can't a child choose his or her life without it meaning loss of family versus keeping family? Why can't a grown adult choose how to live their own life while their family remains...their family? Why does a person have to follow their parent's way of life or give up their parents?

Every person should be able to have it both ways.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do wonder if Suze, and her siblings that have broken away form Gothard will be invited to Priscilla's wedding? It must be hard for her to have the parents support Priscilla's wedding and not support her own.

The following is from Suze's facebook. Not sure if it's about the wedding or not, but it does seem to fit.

where do you read this? I couldn't find it.

That's the saddest, and worst, thing about it though. That she had to make a choice and that she can't have it both ways. Why can't a child choose his or her life without it meaning loss of family versus keeping family? Why can't a grown adult choose how to live their own life while their family remains...their family? Why does a person have to follow their parent's way of life or give up their parents?

Every person should be able to have it both ways.

This. Why can't they be friendly with her even though she chose ti live a different lifestyle? Why in the world does she have to do everything according to THEIR value system and preferences?

To me the really sad part is that Suze is so young. I'm sure her parents are trying to make an impression/example of what happens when you stray from the "flock" but I just can't imagine as a mother turning my back on my child. From fb it looks like Suze's sister - Rebekah? and fam have supported her/thrown engagement party, etc. I'm glad she at least has some support!

I just hope Suze knew what she was getting into and did not expect the others to just come around.

I'm pretty sure she didn't just wake up one day and decided to leave. The process must have been long and hard reflection on what her parents values are and all. And possibly she tried to clear those with her parents. Plus it's not like she's the first one to be shunned... So she certainly had an idea about her parents not providing her any support for studying or living on her own.

They apparently had not given up all hopes, but well the ball is in the parents' camp, isn't it?

I'm pretty sure she didn't just wake up one day and decided to leave. The process must have been long and hard reflection on what her parents values are and all. And possibly she tried to clear those with her parents. Plus it's not like she's the first one to be shunned... So she certainly had an idea about her parents not providing her any support for studying or living on her own.

They apparently had not given up all hopes, but well the ball is in the parents' camp, isn't it?

I think the first one was Daniel(?). The process must have been long, but I still admire her for doing it at her age. I am 27 and God knows I am struggling with leaving my parents' value system!!!

I guess she knew before about her parents not supporting her, but that doesn't make it an easy process.

In regards to them already having a date set...

Lots of of normal folks talk around getting married before they become officially engaged. Often no announcement of being engaged occurs until they do actually decide to move forward with some actual wedding plans. This may be what happened here. After all.... in their world, they do that silly courtship thing, which amounts to being engaged without setting a wedding date.

I'm kind of happy for Priscilla. I figured she'd wind up an old maid while waiting for Prince Charming.

Once she marries, will she still be allowed to work (for pay) for Gothard?

Once she marries, will she still be allowed to work (for pay) for Gothard?

Not sure. Former ATIers will know better. I think husbands and wives can do missions together and work in the same "ministries" but I believe that Bill Gothard has young unmarried interns working at all his headquarters. I see them as Gothard's Meat Market for ATI Fundies. I would imagine Priscilla will be at home making her nest ready for all the little Fundies God will give David and her.

They do look like a nice couple and I wish them well.

I do feel for the 'free' Keller siblings. It must hurt to have such conflict with your siblings. Doing the right thing is hard when you know it's going to result in losing people that you love, no matter how misguided they may be. I wonder if Suze & Co will even be invited to attend the wedding? I'd be very upset about that. I'd be even more upset to watch my sister make such a life-limiting choice.

They did not even really get their own engagement announcement! Priscilla and David's says:

Raised in strong Christian families with conservative Biblical values, Priscilla and I look forward to serving the Lord together with all the strength that He gives us. We have a vision for impacting the world for Christ and for raising the foundations of many Godly generations.

While David's sister Rachelle and her husband Joseph says:

A strong Christian with conservative Biblical values, Joseph joins Rachelle with a vision for raising the foundations of many Godly generations.

Maybe they saved on buying engagement announcements in bulk as well.

I'm thinking the ring pic is some stock pic recycled off the internets. No way some schlub working at Gothard's training center and doing mission work can afford what looks to be a 2 carat rock, let alone 2 schlubs who got engaged within weeks of each other.

Like Anna, she probably got her "half carrot." *rimshot*

Wow, a second daughter from that family is marrying into rich fundie royalty. The Kellers lost two kids to the evil secular world, but they also got two of them to marry up so I wonder if that even things out.

I know Gothardites tend to have short engagements, but I still wonder if the wedding was not planned to overshadow Suze's?

It could very well be to overshadow Suze's wedding but honestly I am happy for Priscilla. This is what she thinks she is supposed to be a wife and eventually a mother and her dream is coming true. It isn't necessarily my dream but glad she found someone. I did think she might be a spinster.

UGH UGH UGH... impacting as a verb.... H8 h8 HAAAATE!!!!!!!! No my dear, the only thing that will be "impacting" you will be 7 kids under the age of 7.

I noticed the rings where the same too. That's really odd. I tried to find a picture showing one of their hands to see if either girl was actually wearing that ring but I couldn't. Adam and Valerie look like they could be siblings.

i think the thing that is hardest for Susanna is that she is planning her wedding and the most important person is not their to help find her dress, make plans, and to just share these special moments with. No matter what, when you get married you will always want your mother their. I feel for her!

Priscilla wore that same pink jacket (from the photo outside The Patio with the 3 creepy stepford Wallers) on episodes of 19K & Counting when she was there "helping" with the howler monkeys. Must be her "go to" jacket?

Wow, a second daughter from that family is marrying into rich fundie royalty. The Kellers lost two kids to the evil secular world, but they also got two of them to marry up so I wonder if that even things out.

Actually, the Kellers have lost 3/6 (2 ATI, 1 VF in the fold at present) with 2 still undecided (but rumor has it they are not happy at home).

I don't know anything about the Wallers. They may live in the shadow of Gothard HQ, but are they really royalty? Or wealthy? And if they're wealthy, what's their racket, since all I can see from their website is missionary work and that ain't paying for those rocks, if those were actually the rings the sons gave to Priscilla and the other recently engaged girl.

The scary thing about people such as the Keller parents is that they are probably thinking that even though some of their children strayed from ATI, God is still blessing them and they probably think its a sign from God that they are doing the right thing because Anna and Priscilla married into wealthy families.....

Actually, the Kellers have lost 3/6 (2 ATI, 1 VF in the fold at present) with 2 still undecided (but rumor has it they are not happy at home).

I don't know anything about the Wallers. They may live in the shadow of Gothard HQ, but are they really royalty? Or wealthy? And if they're wealthy, what's their racket, since all I can see from their website is missionary work and that ain't paying for those rocks, if those were actually the rings the sons gave to Priscilla and the other recently engaged girl.

Where did you hear that the 2 Keller boys at home are unhappy? I bet the parents are doing everything they can to get them to stay before they turn 18.

I read that the boys were not happy on one of the FB pages. It was a while ago (so it may have been scrubbed when the profiles went private for a while). I don't want to say more than that, other than that one of them is 18 or close to it. I was shocked to find out that Suze is only 19, so she was 17 when she was staying with Smugs and Anna prior to Mack's birth. I thought she was already of age for her parents to allow her to stay with Anna, then Rebekah, for so long. She had to get her baking certification somewhere and I'm guessing it was in Houston, and it had to be prior to her 18th birthday since she has been working at the Cheescake Factory for at least a year and she won't be 20 until after her wedding.

I really doubt those were the engagement rings unless the parents are rolling in it. Heck, I doubt JD Duggar, whose parents are known to be pretty much rolling in a lot of things, would give his intended a 2 carat rock; I think most of these fundies know that money could be better spent, especially since they're expected to have some kind of independent housing (although paying rent to Daddy is probably acceptable...isn't that what Cleve and Lise will do?).

Archived