IGNORED

Dear Fundie Penthouse Forum

icecreamycakeycake

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My older sister insisted I use tampons from the start. I did, but I hated them. They were uncomfortable and sometimes even hurt. I was in my 20's when I got a new gyno (the guy that delivered my sister & I was my early gyno and he was awesome, but also kind of old school; I consider it a good thing he retired because I learned a lot more from the newer and subsequent ones) and was told that my uterus is retroverted; tipped back. And while no guarantee tampons will be hard and many can and do adjust and work with it, it easily explains my discomfort. I haven't used tampons since, with few exceptions of the swimming suit kind.

It also affected sex. But, once I knew about it the 'problems' were worked around.

Kinda comes with knowing yourself and what works for you.

I have a tipped uterus too, and since I found this out, all my previous issues with sex (and tampons) make a lot more sense. Not only was my first time, at 15, horrible (so painful that I did not have sex again until 6 years later, when I was 21), and not only did I bleed a lot, not just then but also the next day, but I would say it took at least 10-15 times having sex before it was comfortable. And still today, there is only a handful of positions that I enjoy for that reason. :( It's good to know the cause, however - since I also have a history of ovarian cysts, I used to get 3 pelvic exams a year because I would always have painful sex and would always think that maybe something was "off" down there, when in reality it was just my uterus.) In any case, everyone who said that they did not have a lot of pain and blood their first times? OMG, I envy you. :?

(BTW - hi! I'm re-de-lurking. Was really active on the old board, haven't posted much since the move, but I still spend a lot of time here, so...might as well. I guess uterus talk is enough to bring me out of the shadows. ;) )

I wonder if that is my problem! I enjoy sex, but certain angles/positions are uncomfortable and even painful. And after five children (!!!!) I still have a little discomfort with tampons. My doctor is cool, but he is a young, very attractive male, and there are certain things that I feel uncomfortable bringing up.

I wonder if that is my problem! I enjoy sex, but certain angles/positions are uncomfortable and even painful. And after five children (!!!!) I still have a little discomfort with tampons. My doctor is cool, but he is a young, very attractive male, and there are certain things that I feel uncomfortable bringing up.

I hear that! I have been going exclusively to female doctors whenever possible since I was in my teens. Obviously, due to insurance limitations it's not always possible, but I definitely feel more comfortable that way. Last year I tried going to a male psychologist because he was the only one in my area that my insurance would cover, and I just couldn't open up at all so it ended up being pointless.

Also, as far as I know, an OB/GYN can tell if you have a Tippy (as my partner and I have affectionately been referring to it since it was discovered, lol) just by doing a pelvic exam. Since it's not totally uncommon (I believe maybe 10% of women have it), it's possible that your doc knows and just hasn't mentioned it, since AFAIK it also doesn't cause issues for many women. Also, in the past they used to believe that it would make conceiving more difficult, so they would give surgeries to fix it pretty routinely, but now it seems that they want to avoid doing this, so maybe that's why they don't always mention it. The only reason my doc told me was because I was having phantom pelvic pain, and she ordered an ultrasound because she said the position of my uterus made it difficult for her to get a good handle (pun intended) on what was happening in there.

Also, I read that the uterus will sometimes re-position itself during pregnancy into a "normal" position, and tip again a few weeks after delivery. That could be happening for you too. I don't have kids yet, but I'm curious to see what effect it will have.

Had a tippy, too. I think it's fixed though via 2 babies. It's been a long time since hubby hit it hard, IYKWIM. That hurt.

I did bleed and it did hurt. But my first, he was a horse. Holy crapola. Seriously. You put your hand around my wrist, that was his girth. No wonder. OUCH. Good thing that one didn't last.

Hubs fits puuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect. :)

This first post totally squicked me out.

Also? Orgasm in the hot tub and the delicate flower almost fainted? Give me a break. Hello, lubrication washed away--and men's fingers? Rough. Nope, not for me, anyway. And the bs about "that's what you look like?" Groan. As if. This is pure fantasy. Sounds like they also had about 15 hours of completely amazing sex, after a full day of wedding jitters? Uh, no.

Also? Orgasm in the hot tub and the delicate flower almost fainted? Give me a break. Hello, lubrication washed away--and men's fingers? Rough. Nope, not for me, anyway. And the bs about "that's what you look like?" Groan. As if. This is pure fantasy. Sounds like they also had about 15 hours of completely amazing sex, after a full day of wedding jitters? Uh, no.

I won't even go in a hot tub for fear of what organisms are lurking there, never mind having sex. That's a sure recipe for a UTI or worse.

I have a tipped uterus too, and since I found this out, all my previous issues with sex (and tampons) make a lot more sense. Not only was my first time, at 15, horrible (so painful that I did not have sex again until 6 years later, when I was 21), and not only did I bleed a lot, not just then but also the next day, but I would say it took at least 10-15 times having sex before it was comfortable. And still today, there is only a handful of positions that I enjoy for that reason. :( It's good to know the cause, however - since I also have a history of ovarian cysts, I used to get 3 pelvic exams a year because I would always have painful sex and would always think that maybe something was "off" down there, when in reality it was just my uterus.) In any case, everyone who said that they did not have a lot of pain and blood their first times? OMG, I envy you. :?

(BTW - hi! I'm re-de-lurking. Was really active on the old board, haven't posted much since the move, but I still spend a lot of time here, so...might as well. I guess uterus talk is enough to bring me out of the shadows. ;) )

I also have a tipped uterus, and to top it off, it's also tilted to the right. I didn't find out until I was dx'd with ovarian cysts. I've had some pain&discomfort with sex, a few times, and some difficulty with tampons. I didn't make the connection until now :? Strangely enough, most of the times sex has been painful, it was with a smaller guy. Explains why my cramps are always to the back and right, though. Tampons, on the other hand, are hard to get in properly, but switching brands (to Playtex) has helped a lot.

I also have a tipped uterus, and to top it off, it's also tilted to the right. I didn't find out until I was dx'd with ovarian cysts. I've had some pain&discomfort with sex, a few times, and some difficulty with tampons. I didn't make the connection until now :? Strangely enough, most of the times sex has been painful, it was with a smaller guy. Explains why my cramps are always to the back and right, though. Tampons, on the other hand, are hard to get in properly, but switching brands (to Playtex) has helped a lot.

I too had a tipped uterus, makes you wonder if that isn't the norm :lol: Now I have no uterus :oops:

Archived