IGNORED

Taryn Knows All

emmiedahl

Maybe she meant she adds ginger or something but doesn't buy the little pre-mixed jar labeled "pumpkin pie spice"?

Taryn seems to treat Internet communications as if they a verbal exchanges happening in real time. I think most of her stream of consciousness thoughts make sense if you find the exact sentence within the blog entry that she responding to.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe instead of pumpkin pie spice it's a bit of LSD or pot. Her writing reminds me of myself when high (on pot, not acid) - I tend to ramble in response to random thoughts in my head unheard by others.

I think Taryn is amazing. I dread the day she takes pills to correct her brain chemistry for that's when the magic will end.

Guest Anonymous

Taryn seems to treat Internet communications as if they a verbal exchanges happening in real time.

I think it's a bit like live blogging, except she doesn't hit the send key until she has finished responding to six different comments. :P

Wait, why does Taryn's daughter-in-law have a job? She's not a very good fundie if her son isn't being a good headship and forcing his wife to stay home and serve him. Something's fishy here. Maybe she is a Poe and has just given us a clue.

I just read that out loud to my husband and he's now in the kitchen contemplating which drug she's on. I can hear him muttering to himself. "That's like someone on LSD. No, no that's not LSD, that's do blahblahblahblahblahblah-y, that's more like crack". LOL!!!

Oooh, what else is Bible-clean? :lol: That might be my new favourite phrase! Is alligator Bible-clean? Goose? Kangaroo? Giraffe? Goat? Octopus? Snake? Squirrel? Possum? Gorilla?

Salad is Bible-clean, as long as it doesn't contain shrimp. My MIL(72) likes shrimp. I saw a whole shrimp with all its legs, and now I don't like shrimp. But that's okay because it's not Bible-clean(healthy). My husband(42) likes shrimp. I don't feed it to him, but he eats it at restaurants. I used to like restaurants. We went back and saw the kitchen of a restaurant once. I don't like restaurants anymore. Cookies are a treat. I didn't let my children watch Sesame Street, but my grandchildren watch it.

Random utterly useless fact of the evening , erm morning as its 2:30 am where I am: Giraffe is actually a kosher animal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/19/dining/19kosher.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ruled.html

I was looking at Candy's-not-a-blog today again, and Taryn commented again in much more Taryn-ese

I don't add ginger or cloves to my pumpkin pie, like the recipe says to on the canned pumpkin. I do add cinnamon and my children say it's the best pumpkin pie they have tasted. I read last night over at the Duggarfamily web site(they have links to Gothard and the Pearls-two "ministries" I don't like) that they use the canned pumpkin to make pies. They did try using pumpkins to start but it didn't turn out right. I always used the canned pumpkin. I do recommend the two Duggar books. Have you read Mary Pride's article at home-school.com-Patriarchy,Meet Matriarchy,?-Taryn

Glad to hear she doesn't like the Pearls, though!

I was looking at Candy's-not-a-blog today again, and Taryn commented again in much more Taryn-ese

Glad to hear she doesn't like the Pearls, though!

That actually kind of makes sense and she doesn't give the children's ages! Taryn, where art thou?

Random utterly useless fact of the evening , erm morning as its 2:30 am where I am: Giraffe is actually a kosher animal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/19/dining/19kosher.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ruled.html

Fascinating! Thanks for that! What about the other animals? Yay or nay? Giraffes are endangered? I didn't know that. :cry: I love giraffes.

Oooh, what else is Bible-clean? :lol: That might be my new favourite phrase! Is alligator Bible-clean? Goose? Kangaroo? Giraffe? Goat? Octopus? Snake? Squirrel? Possum? Gorilla?

Because I was bored and also curious: Alligator (no). Goose (yes). Kangaroo (no). Giraffe (yes). Goat (yes). Octopus (no). Snake (no). Squirrel (no). Possum (no). Gorilla (no). That's a whole lot of unclean animals you just listed.

Because I was bored and also curious: Alligator (no). Goose (yes). Kangaroo (no). Giraffe (yes). Goat (yes). Octopus (no). Snake (no). Squirrel (no). Possum (no). Gorilla (no). That's a whole lot of unclean animals you just listed.

Thanks! Also fascinating. ;) Hmmm, I wonder what's wrong with alligator, kangaroo, octopus, snake, squirrel, and possum? I'm glad to hear, however, that gorilla is a no.

I'm also curious about squirrel and possum. I'm guessing kangaroo chew the cud, and while they don't have hooves, that means that don't have uncloven hooves?

Gorilla is strange. Why are gorillas unclean? I mean, yay, don't eat gorillas, but what is it about them?

I believe a four legged animal with paws is considered unclean unless we are told otherwise in Leviticus. Not sure, though.

Bibically clean and unclean foods from the bibal;

http://www.christianwalks.org/churchgod ... nclean.htm

God created certain animals that can be used for food and others that are unfit to eat. "Clean" foods are those which in their natural state do not harm the human body. "Unclean" foods are those which are unhealthy for the body.

(DEUT 14:3-21) You are not to eat any abominable thing. And these are the creatures which you can eat; the ox, the sheep, the goat, the hart, the roebuck, the fallow deer, the wild goat, the antelope, and the wild ox. And every creature that has parted hoofs or separates the cleft into to two, and chews the cud among all creatures, them you can eat. And these are those you cannot eat from among those that chew the cud, or that divide the hoof; the camel, and the hare, and the coney, for they chew the cud, but do not have a divided hoof, they are therefore unclean for you. Also the swine, because it does not have a divided hoof, even though it chews a cud it is unclean for you, you cannot eat of them. These you can eat that are in all the waters; all that have fins and scales you can eat. Anything that does not have fins and scales you cannot eat, it is unclean for you. And you can eat any clean fowl but these you cannot eat: the eagle, the ossifrage, the osprey, the glede, the kite, the vulture, the raven, the owl, the hawk, the cuckoo, the swan, the pelican, the stork, the cormorant, the heron, and the bat. And all creeping things that can fly are unclean, they are not to be eaten. All clean fowls you may eat.

(GEN 1:29)

God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every fruit tree containing seeds to be your food.

(LEV 3:17)

It will be an everlasting law for your generations in all their dwellings, that you can not eat fat or blood.

(LEV 7:23-24)

You cannot eat any kind of fat, of ox, or of sheep, or of goat. But the fat of any animal that dies by itself or is killed by other animals, can be used for other uses but you can not eat it.

(LEV 7:26)

Also you cannot eat any type of blood, whether it be from fowl or mammal, in any of your homes.

(LEV ll:All) Read it all.

Below is a list of foods, defined in the Bible, as being Clean and Unclean.

They can be found in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14.

Clean Land Animals

(Lev. 11:1-3, Deut. 14:4-6)

(Le 11:3) Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and chews the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.

(De 14:6) And every beast that parteth the hoof, and cleaveth the cleft into two claws, and cheweth the cud among the beasts, that ye shall eat.

Wild Goat Fallow Deer Goat Ox

Pygarg

(Species of antelope?) Wild Ox Hart

(Species of Deer) Sheep

Roebuck

(Antelope, Gazel) Chamois

(goat like)

Antelope Deer Moose Giraffe

Bison Elk Hart Reindeer

Caribou Gazelle Ibex Cattle

Unclean Land Animals

(Lev. 11:4-8, 29-31, Deut. 14:7-8 41-42)

(Le 11:4) Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof:

(Le 11:26-27) The carcasses of every beast which divideth the hoof, and is not clovenfooted, nor cheweth the cud, are unclean unto you: every one that toucheth them shall be unclean. And whatsoever goeth upon his paws, among all manner of beasts that go on all four, those are unclean unto you: whoso toucheth their carcase shall be unclean until the even.

(Le 11:41-42) And every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth shall be an abomination; it shall not be eaten. Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination.

(De 14:19) And every creeping thing that flieth is unclean unto you: they shall not be eaten.

Camel Coney Hare (Rabbit) Mole

Weasel Mouse Snail (Slug) Ferret

Skunk Beaver Squirrel Rat

Raccoon Porcupine Groundhog Muskrat

Gorilla Opossum Badger Rhinoceros

Bear Elephant Hippopotamus Monkey

Armadillo Wolverine Kangaroo Llama (alpaca, vicuña)

Equines (Ass, Donkey, Mule, Horse, Zebra) Canines (Coyote, Dog, Fox, Hyena, Jackal, Wolf) Felines (Cat, Cheetah, Leopard, Lion, Panther, Tiger) Swine ( Pig, Boar, Peccary)

Clean Fish

(Lev. 11:9, Deut. 14:9-10)

(Le 11:9) These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

(De 14:9) These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat:

The list of Clean Fish would be to long to list

Unclean Fish/Marine Animals

(Lev. 11:10-12, Deut. 14:9-10)

(Le 11:10-12) And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcasses in abomination. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

(De 14:10) And whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.

Fish

Dolphin Bullhead Whale Swordfish

Marlin Catfish Porpoise Shark

Paddlefish Eel Sturgeon

(includes most caviar)

Shellfish

Shrimp Scallop Oyster Prawn

Mussel Crayfish Clam Abalone

Lobster Crab

Soft Body

Cuttlefish Squid (calamari) Limpet Jellyfish

Octopus

Sea Mammals

Walrus Seal Otter

Clean Birds

(Lev. 11:13-20, Deut. 14:12-19)

The following are Clean Birds not specifically mentioned in the Bible

Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth; (Le 11:21)

Chicken Grouse Pigeon Sparrow (and other songbirds)

Dove Guinea fowl Prairie chicken * Swan

Duck Partridge Ptarmigan Teal

Goose Peafowl Quail Turkey

Peacock Pheasant Sagehen

* Please note that the word "Swan" listed in the King James Version Bible translation of Leviticus 11:18 is a mistranslation and does not refer to what we know as a swan today.

Unclean Birds

(Lev. 11:13-20, Deut. 14:12-19)

(Le 11:20) All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.

(Le 11:23) But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

Eagle Ossifrage Osprey Vulture after his

kind

Kite Every raven after his kind Owl Night Hawk

Cuckow or Cuckoo Hawk after his

kind Little Owl Cormorant

Great Owl Horned Owl Pelican Gier Eagle

Stork Heron after her

kind Lapwing Bat

Albatross Crane Magpie Roadrunner

Bat Flamingo Loon Sandpiper

Bittern Grebe Ostrich Seagull

Buzzard Grosbeak Penguin Woodpecker

Condor Gull Parrot Swallow

Coot Plover Rail Swift

Crow Water Hen

Clean Insects

(Lev. 11:21-23, Deut. 14:19)

(Le 11:21) Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;

Locust after his kind Bald locust after his kind Beetle after his

kind Grasshopper after his kind

Unclean Insects

(Lev. 11:21-23, 41-42)

(Le 11:23) But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

(Le 11:41-42) And every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth shall be an abomination; it shall not be eaten. Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination.

All insects except some in the beetle and locust family.

Unclean Reptiles

(Lev. 11:29-30, Deut. 14:7)

Lizard Great Lizard

Chameleon Crocodile

Alligator Blindworm

Turtle Frog

Snake Newt

Toad Salamander

Caiman

These laws are known as health laws, and are the means for achieving a healthier life.

In the beginning man ate fruits and vegetables, but later started eating meat. God made known what meats where unhealthy through the laws of clean and unclean foods long before there was a nation of Israel, even before Noah's time, as seen in Genesis 7:2 and 7:8.

It is a well know fact today, that these same unclean foods are known to be unhealthy.

But you say, what about the following verse from scripture?

(Deut 12:15) Notwithstanding thou mayest kill and eat flesh in all thy gates, whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, according to the blessing of the Lord thy God which he hath given thee: the unclean and the clean may eat thereof, as of the roebuck, and as of the hart.

This is one of the most misinterpreted verses on this subject, because of the food laws being well know in their nation they did not keep unclean animals around for food, so they would not have found it in their gates. It is speaking of the unclean person eating with the clean person during this time. Normaly an unclean person was not allowed to eat with those that where clean.

(Deut 15:22) "Thou shalt eat it within thy gates: the unclean [person] and the clean person shall eat it alike, as the roebuck, and as the hart "

How clear it becomes now.

We should take note that these are very clearly laws to be obeyed.

(ISA 66:17)Of them that bless themselves, or purify themselves in the gardens hiding behind a tree, eating swine's flesh, and the other abominations, such as the mouse, will be consumed together does say the Lord.

As shown with this verse God does condemn those that eat of what is considered an abomination. Isaiah 65:4 tells us that eating swine and other abominable things provokes the Lord to anger.

For those that would say these laws where only for the people of Israel at that time, take note that animals where regarded as clean or unclean during the time of Noah (Gen 7:2) before Israel existed.

Take it as you want. :whistle:

I mean, yay, don't eat gorillas

I have no idea why, but this tickled the hell out of my funny bone. Still chuckling.

I wonder what the KJV "swan" referred to?

No reason why it couldn't be just a swan. There are species of swan can be found around the Mediterranean and in Eurasia.

I have no idea why, but this tickled the hell out of my funny bone. Still chuckling.

The reason I said I'm glad gorillas are considered unclean is because they're too much like us! :shock: Them and monkeys. Isn't eating something like that where AIDS came from?

Bibically clean and unclean foods from the bibal;

http://www.christianwalks.org/churchgod ... nclean.htm

Take it as you want. :whistle:

I know it's not from you, ladypuglover, but I have to say: rabbits/hairs/coneys don't chew their cud. Also, where is it a well-known fact that these unclean foods are known to be unhealthy?

No reason why it couldn't be just a swan. There are species of swan can be found around the Mediterranean and in Eurasia.

Yes, I don't see why either, but there's a line somewhere in the middle of Ladypuglover's post saying that it's a mistranslation and refers to something else, presumably another bird species, so now I'm curious!

Lainey said:

I know it's not from you, ladypuglover, but I have to say: rabbits/hairs/coneys don't chew their cud. Also, where is it a well-known fact that these unclean foods are known to be unhealthy?

They don't exactly chew the cud as such, but they do "re-process" a special kind of "poo" so it goes through their system a second time (they are basically coprophagic). If that had been observed in biblical times, it could easily have made them appear unclean. Also kangaroos don't chew the cud but maybe they're considered unclean just because they resemble no type of animal mentioned in the bible? In which case, platypuses and echidnas would be even worse!

Archived