IGNORED

Latest NCFIC grammar goof

MamaJunebug

From NCFIC's current blog.

I'm not highlighting it because it's just too, too sweet to find it

Several youth leaders from Colorado Springs, Colorado are on trial for sex offenses. Meanwhile, the Divided Movie that questions the whole system of youth groups and youth pastors, has gone virile on the internet.

I say: Let's not mention it aloud here. Let them leave it in all its double-entendre glory!!

Ah, the SOTDRT! Providing a never-ending supply of one faux pas (or as folks from SOTDRT might spell it, "fox paws") after another.

***snicker!!!***

:shock: That is not what was intended by that statement.

That is too good. Just too good to be true. SOTDRT FTW! :clap:

What's really funny is that the manly men at NCFIC created this funny -- the source of the quotation has it spelled correctly!

It's beautiful, but I have to ask:

what do they mean by going viral, anyway? 'Someone outside our intended audience watched it' /= viral, guys.

• 1 month later...
Anyone associated with the FIC movement knows the following two things. Number one: People have a lot of “what about…?†questions. Number two: Often people asking the questions want to hear subjective, anecdotal testimonies as the answer to their “what about…?†inquiries. Questions like, “what about single moms?â€, “what about college singles?â€, “what about a kid whose parents aren’t Christians?†are questions that many times are trying to illicit answers pointing to real life experiences and testimonies concerning actual people in real life situations.

(Bolding/italics mine.)

ncfic.org

Gaaaah! Maybe I'm just overtired and cranky, but I find this the written equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard. :angry-banghead:

"What about the quality of English writing displayed by people whose parents think that ignorance is an advantage in teaching?" is one question I'd have liked to illicit an answer to.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I got an email this morning from Scottie Brown's group, the NCFIC. The subject line says "Join us this fall for these powerful and importation topics". Ummm, is there something about the English language I don't understand? What's an "importation topic"? When I googled "importation", I came up with many references to inmates in prison communities. Hmmmm.

Anyone, anyone?

Interestingly, he also displays photos of the men who will be speakers at his upcoming conference. Himself, Doug (is a tool) Phillips, Pa Serven, and Pa Botkin are the only ones I recognize (and he didn't bother to identify them). Sippy Cup Bradrick doesn't seem to be on the team.

I got an email this morning from Scottie Brown's group, the NCFIC. The subject line says "Join us this fall for these powerful and importation topics". Ummm, is there something about the English language I don't understand? What's an "importation topic"? When I googled "importation", I came up with many references to inmates in prison communities. Hmmmm.

Anyone, anyone?

Interestingly, he also displays photos of the men who will be speakers at his upcoming conference. Himself, Doug (is a tool) Phillips, Pa Serven, and Pa Botkin are the only ones I recognize (and he didn't bother to identify them). Sippy Cup Bradrick doesn't seem to be on the team.

Ummm... A topic about the token African babies they adopt so that they can point to them as they keep spewing their racist, Neo-Confederate bullshit?

Archived