IGNORED

Spencer Kimball - mormon

debrand

Another thread made me curious who the Mormon, Spencer Kimball was and I found some offensive quotes from him. Hopefully, mormons don't still believe this

http://www.i4m.com/think/leaders/spence ... chings.htm

Also far-reaching is the effect of the loss of chastity. Once given or taken or stolen it can never be regained. Even in a forced contact such as rape or incest, the injured one is greatly outraged. If she has not cooperated and contributed to the foul deed, she is of course in a more favorable position. There is no condemnation where there is no voluntary participation. It is better to die in defending one's virtue than to live having lost it without a struggle."[/quote]

"

The second quote might not make sense if you don't realize that at one point, Mormons believed that after salvation the convert became white. That teaching was changed in the seventies.

Spencer Kimball also received the revelation about admitting people of color to the LDS priesthood. And at least one member of his immediate family married outside the faith and left the faith, and he was still close to this person and the family.

As with many of us, he was a contradiction.

Spencer Kimball also received the revelation about admitting people of color to the LDS priesthood. And at least one member of his immediate family married outside the faith and left the faith, and he was still close to this person and the family.

As with many of us, he was a contradiction.

One of the weird things about being reared in the south is that I've come across people who express racist beliefs but have friends of different races. I still consider those people racist despite their ability to suspend their racism for a few people.

Didn't the Mormons change their stance on allowing African Americans into their church based on their desire to receive tax exempt status? At least, that is what I read somewhere. I should add that any Mormons that I've known in person have always been polite but their church has some odd beliefs.

One of the weird things about being reared in the south is that I've come across people who express racist beliefs but have friends of different races. I still consider those people racist despite their ability to suspend their racism for a few people.

Didn't the Mormons change their stance on allowing African Americans into their church based on their desire to receive tax exempt status? At least, that is what I read somewhere. I should add that any Mormons that I've known in person have always been polite but their church has some odd beliefs.

While I'm willing to accept that, to himself, Kimball's revelation was genuine, it did seem to coincide with LDS expansion into Africa, and it's hard to win converts when you tell them they can never have their own planets because they are not a "light and delightsome people."

And they wonder why I left (shh, don't tell anyone, I'm not "out" to anyone yet other than Teh Hubz).

I agree, I still have some friends on my facebook who are mormon and they will defend these types of teachings to the end.

And as a some-what still bitter exmormon who was taught horrible things that made me want to die because I was not righteous enough, I say good for you.

Archived