IGNORED

In the Nursery of the Nation blog

meda

So I was being a good little heathen feminist and reading the True Femininity thread rather than ministering to my headship, and someone mentioned Bambi from this blog:

nurseryofthenation.com/

This one has achieved a special level of sanctimonious judgement, she has a section titled "Why You Shouldn't read this Blog" with the following screed:

Don't read this blog

If you haven't spent time reading your Bible today.

Don't read this blog

If you haven't yet today humbled yourself in prayer to your Heavenly Father.

Don't read this blog

If you haven't sang songs of praise to your Creator.

Don't read this blog

If you haven't met your husband's needs--whatever they are.

Don't read this blog

If you haven't read to your children today.

Don't read this blog

If you have no dinner plans and the floor needs to be vacuumed.

Don't read this blog

If you have church family that needs ministering to.

Don't read this blog

If there are strained sibling relationships that need your undivided attention.

Don't read this blog

If you are struggling with submission to your husband.

Don't read this blog

If you aren't investing in the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit.

Don't read this blog

If your little ones are awake.

Heavenly Father, we are weak. Help us to keep our eyes on You and our priorities straight.

That's pretty lulzy.

So, basically, she's saying "I've done all this today, and I still have time to write a blog". It's like a submissive wives dick-measuring contest. Switch-measuring? Tape measure-measuring?

I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 17 years now and still love every minute of it :) This blog is written and carried out under his oversight.

wow that was very shiver-inducing.

wow that was very shiver-inducing.

Yeah, that disturbed me a little, too. My fiancé doesn't know most of what I do on the internet, not because I'm hiding it from him, because it's none of his business.

Wait, I guess because we're not married it's my father who should be concerned. He knows even less.

My husband is extremely curious about my writing stuff, but as long as I write "Don't read!" on the cover of the notebook, I know he won't and can leave it about. It's hard to imagine a grown person not only having no privacy, but feeling like she deserves none!

Bambi has a point; atheist feminist me went over there and saw the homeschooling post. Euurgh.

Our prayer is that our children will learn to think. Think deeply and thoroughly. Think with a sieve of scripture that encapsulates their minds--that is, a Biblical Worldview.

"Learn to think." Okay. Are we teaching the kiddos actual facts about geology and evolution or are we going with "Radiocarbon dating tests our faith" ?

Our prayer is that our children will learn to teach themselves and not have to be spoon-fed what they learn.

A la Duggars?

I have not yet answered the question of how a mom homeschools so many children at once

... :)

Don't read this blog

If you have no dinner plans

This bit really tickled me! Oh no, I might eat something unplanned for dinner. Like, I dunno, a fucking sandwich or some soup or something. 'Dinner plans' to me means, like, a date or restaurant with friends or some shit.

Bambi has a point; atheist feminist me went over there and saw the homeschooling post. Euurgh.

Sheesh, "mind like a sieve" wasn't a good thing the last time I checked... ;)

La Bambi also writes at visionarywomanhood.com. Recently her bio with the line about being "married to her middle school crush" appeared under a post about how to prepare your 2 year old for courtship. La Bambi was allowed to have crushes on boys, but La Bambettes must give Daddy the key to their hearts and hymens.

Maybe the "women must submit" and "the man is the head of the household" will be bits of scripture that fall out of the sieve. One can hope.

Don't read this blog

If you haven't met your husband's needs--whatever they are.

Don't read this blog

If you are struggling with submission to your husband

Don't read this blog

If you aren't investing in the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit.

I found those most disturbing from the list.

WTF? What century does this woman live in?

I have not yet answered the question of how a mom homeschools so many children at once

I'm sure the answer is through blanket training and Wisdom Booklets. lol

La Bambi also writes at visionarywomanhood.com. Recently her bio with the line about being "married to her middle school crush" appeared under a post about how to prepare your 2 year old for courtship.

That is a joke, right? :?

Maybe the "women must submit" and "the man is the head of the household" will be bits of scripture that fall out of the sieve. One can hope.

:lol: :lol:

I'm laughing, but seriously, yes, one would hope so!

Apparently she was an ebil working mother with her first child. Oh and get this she had her Dr. induce her 2 weeks early because she was impatient!!

WTF? :roll:

I'm reading the post about a book series called Lamplighter Books. She writes how they are so much better than the Boxcar Children. Now the Boxcar Children were my very favorite books in 2nd grade. Bambi includes a sample of what's in the book The Lamb in this Lamplighter series:

On the contrary, the richest and fairest maiden, if she has nothing else to recommend her, will never escape the contempt of the virtuous, nor engage the love and respect of good men.
No, this is not better than the Boxcar Children.

I read her post about why she doesn't have a facebook or twitter because apparently it's like "idlers going from house to house" which is a sin to her.

And could it be that all of our time on the web (be it blog-hopping, facebooking, twittering, etc.) is the equivalent to the women Paul warned Timothy about?

Besides that, they learn to be idlers, going about from house to house...1 Timothy 5:13

This is a temptation for most women

She didn't justify why she had a blog though if she is against the Internet for women.

Shoot, I refused to leave Boxcar children alone until I was well into 6th grade, I loved them that much. Way better than this tripe. I'll share stories of fair maidens planning and executing their own escapes with my children.

I can understand that she means for us not to waste time on the internet, but really now, submitting to my headship will NEVER be on my to-do list. My future husband doesn't want me to be submissive anyhow, he gets annoyed if I act even remotely so. And dinner plans? I eat what's there that I feel like eating. Spontaneous, that's me. :roll: :roll: :roll:

To be fair about the dinner plans, she is writing for mothers, likely QF mothers. I grew up with three siblings, and there is a world of difference between preparing dinner for one or two adults and doing it for a family of six.

That said, I'm pretty sure most mothers, my own included, have no problem with taking a break on the internet before deciding what to do for dinner. You know, you do a couple of hours of housework/errands, stop for a cup of tea, boot up the computer.

In her section on discipline she shows an "if-then" chart she's made. In the "consequences" column there's a picture of a bunch of spoons. Took me a little while to figure out that meant she was going to beat them with a spoon. She says her children don't like the chart. I wonder why...

Archived