IGNORED

Would Jesus Drive a Hummer?

muffynbear

I'd like to start a list that delves into the Duggar's immodesty and hypocrisy.

1: The Hummer. It's showy, and a gas guzzling machine that displays a blatant disregard for the Earth. Not modest at all. Why the hell does Josh drive it? Who is he trying to impress since he has zero "outside" friends? Wouldn't a Prius be a bit more modest? Jesus wouldn't drive a Hummer would he?

2: Anna giving birth. On a toilet. Not modest at all. Yeah I know "the miracle of birth" and all that jazz, but the camera crew were clearly filming her lady bits. Did Ann have a say in this? This part of the episode exploited Anna, IMO. Smuggar is a slimy bastard.

3: Jim Blob and J'mullet's love of divulging their bodily functions/health issues. Several examples include: sharing when the "blessings" have been conceived (on Father's day..eww). JimBlob buying his underwear on camera. Hanes briefs? J'mullet's inverted nipples and breastfeeding.

Can anyone think of anything else?

1- well who knows. Did Jesus have a upper class donkey or carriage or whatever was used for transpotration those days?

2- I was wondering if they had all ladies in the camera crew for that special? Probably not . Their regulars are mostly men!

3- No one wants to know when the blessings have been conceived. (Eeeeeeewwwwww)

They are super hypocrite, but that's nothing new.

Jim Bob's 'cervical softening' comment wasn't just immodest, it was creepy and irritating. The instructor specifically asked him not to make comments like that, which a- means this super-modest guy makes inappropriate sexual jokes pretty frequently, and b- he ignored her after she specifically asked him not to say such things. Not only is that immodest, it's immodest in a way that makes people uncomfortable, so he's being even worse than generally immodest people.

More hypocricy - "buy used and save the difference" - The Duggars haven't bought anything used in quite awhile. Everyone's been wearing Aeropostale lately, and there seems to be tons of it. The girls admitted during one of their talking heads that they are allowed to buy clothes online.

-Michelle's "leave and cleve" edict during an interview - Josh is living in Grandma's old house, JB owns the Taco property and most likely got him started in his business. They also recently cleaned out that really horrible house, possible for another Dugger.

More hypocricy - "buy used and save the difference" - The Duggars haven't bought anything used in quite awhile. Everyone's been wearing Aeropostale lately, and there seems to be tons of it. The girls admitted during one of their talking heads that they are allowed to buy clothes online.

-Michelle's "leave and cleve" edict during an interview - Josh is living in Grandma's old house, JB owns the Taco property and most likely got him started in his business. They also recently cleaned out that really horrible house, possible for another Dugger.

I think the Duggars have stopped buying used things in the past couple of years. For awhile, some people speculated that the Aeropostale clothes were bought at thrift stores. A lot of name brand clothes ends up in thrift stores, but there was once a shot of the one of the girls' rooms and there was an Aeropostale bag in the room. Also Hannie had a Gymboree nightgown that costs around $30.

Michelle's "leave and cleave" attitude is a fucking joke. Many people still help out their 20 something children and there is nothing with that. I know people who were helped by their parents with housing and starting businesses. What bugs me about the Duggars is that they act like Josh is a super entrepreneur.

I think they have admitted on the show that Josh's house is owned by Mary. But they still lie about the car lot. I think the Duggars might not realize that certain public records are online or they maybe they know about online records but they don't think fans or viewers will do searches.

Is lying christian, for that matter?

Didn't think so.

Every time I read about the car lot, I really really want tacos. And they're so hard to get around here!

Jim Bob's 'cervical softening' comment wasn't just immodest, it was creepy and irritating. The instructor specifically asked him not to make comments like that, which a- means this super-modest guy makes inappropriate sexual jokes pretty frequently, and b- he ignored her after she specifically asked him not to say such things. Not only is that immodest, it's immodest in a way that makes people uncomfortable, so he's being even worse than generally immodest people.

Of course he ignored her, being the He-Man that JimBlob is, he's not going to listen to any woman.

Why do the Duggars keep lying about the car lot? Do they think we're all stupid and can't find the property records?

I think it was mentioned that Anna had always wanted a Hummer and Josh has tried to sell it, but can't.

How does poor little fundie Anna from the trailer even know what a Hummer is? When has she ever seen one prior to living with Smuggar? Methinks Smugger is trying to overcompensate for smaller things. 8-)

If you can believe it some one who knew the Kellers wrote on TWOP that that they were rather well off,so much so as to have a Tennis court.

I remember hearing about that too.

Well, of COURSE Jesus would drive a Hummer! But he would never, ever use birth control. :?

And yes, I did not need to see Anna birthing on a toilet or JB buying undies. T.M.I.

Hearing Jim Bob talk about "undies", in that very creepy voice for the tour and once earlier made me gag and pray he'd never do it again on camera. Before the tour, it was from a visit to The Bateses when Michelle and I think Josie did not go- last season?

Does anyone else remember him searching through the bus and stuff HE packed asking the J'slaves about his undies?

Is pimping your family, and your fertility, to the highest bidder modest? Is selling your kids to the media for the sake of a finished house, vacations and publicity modest?

Is the mere fact that you are known nationwide - worldwide, in some cases - because of your sex life and what it produces modest?

Did Jesus ever say anything about modesty? I don't really even remember it being a big thing in the bible, but that doesn't mean anything! Aeropastale is pretty cheap, I got a shirt there once for four dollars. Obviously, they are not buying used and saving the difference, but buying clothes from Aeropostale isn't really a big splurge.

Whoa whoa whoa! J'uterus actually said she had inverted nipples ON CAMERA? I have one too and I do my best to hide it! :oops:

Overshare is the exact opposite of modesty. I don't know why fundies think modesty is only about not showing skin.

Is pimping your family, and your fertility, to the highest bidder modest? Is selling your kids to the media for the sake of a finished house, vacations and publicity modest?

Is the mere fact that you are known nationwide - worldwide, in some cases - because of your sex life and what it produces modest?

:clap:

Whoa whoa whoa! J'uterus actually said she had inverted nipples ON CAMERA? I have one too and I do my best to hide it! :oops:

Overshare is the exact opposite of modesty. I don't know why fundies think modesty is only about not showing skin.

I believe it was actually in their first book, not mentioned on camera. That being said I did think it was a little bit weird how they'd add that tidbit but talk about being modest all the time.

Ew-ew-ew. I don't want to think about J'chelle's boobs! Brain bleach stat! I know what mine look like about five kids, I can just imagine. Maybe there is a reason she wears such long skirts, to avoid the Mrs. Choksondik effect.

I think Jesus would be on the bus today anywhere that one is available. That's the closest thing to a donkey -- reliable, and relatively inexpensive and safe, if not with the speed or freight capacity of some other options.

I believe it was actually in their first book, not mentioned on camera. That being said I did think it was a little bit weird how they'd add that tidbit but talk about being modest all the time.

Oh. But still, I could barely bring myself to admit it online, anonymously, and Michelle's going on about it where other people can see it, and connect it with her?

Either inverted nipples aren't as weird as I thought, or Michelle really needs to tone down the overshare.

Also, how the hell do you BF with inverted nipples? I've been wondering about that, though I'm not having kids anytime soon.

Oh. But still, I could barely bring myself to admit it online, anonymously, and Michelle's going on about it where other people can see it, and connect it with her?

Either inverted nipples aren't as weird as I thought, or Michelle really needs to tone down the overshare.

Also, how the hell do you BF with inverted nipples? I've been wondering about that, though I'm not having kids anytime soon.

Honestly, I believe they occur more than people think. There are special shields (imagine a plastic nipple shaped device that you put over you own nipple) that you use when nursing that help to draw the nipple out for baby to latch on to. In addition, you hold you boob a certain way as to squeeze the nipple into an outward position. Usually a nursing baby will help reshape the nipple enough so that future babies don't have as much of a latch problem, although this doesn't always happen.

Aren't you glad you asked! :mrgreen:

Archived