IGNORED

LAF-Cover Rape

debrand

I wish I could send the LAF ladies this link and make them read it.

Eve Ensler: Over It

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eve-ensler/over-it_b_1089013.html

I am over violence against women not being a #1 international priority when one out of three women will be raped or beaten in her lifetime -- the destruction and muting and undermining of women is the destruction of life itself.

I am over the passivity of good men. Where the hell are you?

You live with us, make love with us, father us, befriend us, brother us, get nurtured and mothered and eternally supported by us, so why aren't you standing with us? Why aren't you driven to the point of madness and action by the rape and humiliation of us?

She says at the end of this piece,

The time is now. Prepare for the escalation.

Today it begins, moving toward February 14, 2013, when one billion women will rise to end rape.

Because we are over it.

I don't know what she means by that, but I look forward to finding out. I'm sure, whatever it is, Mrs. Chancey and Lady L will think it is just terrible. Because if sluts no longer get raped, how will anyone be able to tell how superior the Ladies are?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notice how Lydia Sherman manages to remove every shred of agency from the "girls" themselves: One can "cover them up," set them nearby, or simply leave them at home. They don't act at all. They're simply set down or covered up or posed or positioned - like houseplants.

Ugh. I felt sick when I read that. You are right.

These LAF women are truly horrible. Intentionally ignorant. Intentionally cruel. Intentionally self righteous.

It is nauseating to read. Their poor children. :(

Archived