IGNORED

A beautiful friend loves God - Bria

Effie

The following points were given by a very wise man and father figure to me who was instructing us about the right tools needed in a true friendship.

A Beautiful Friend:

Loves God and his Word -do not be unequally yoked.

Is a giver not a taker. He is not self absorbed. He is not a know-it-all friend and is someone you can't out-give.

Does not seek self glory but God's glory. You don't have to walk around on eggshells with him. He rejoices in God's ways.

In order to be a beautiful friend you have to believe in God? I think that's a very faulty way of looking at people. Bria will miss out on a lot of beautiful people who could have been her friends.

What is she so afraid of? I have muslim friends and they don't fear me even though I'm an atheist. Since I'm an atheist does that mean I'm not a good/beautiful friend?

I have difficulties understanding if she meant what I thought she meant. For example, I have no Christian friends. Does that mean I have no beautiful friends? No, I have. I think my friends are kind-hearted. I don't care if they believe in God or a fairy in the forests. Should I?

I think it's immature to choose your friends according to their religion.

She lists qualities which are desired in a beautiful friend (in general). She has other points further down in her post.

happy-healthy-home.blogspot.com/2011/11/importance-of-being-earnestin_12.html

I chortled a bit when Bria stated she wanted a friend who is a "giver not a taker...isn't self-absorbed...not a know-it-all..." I guess she wants a friend who isn't like her dear, old mom.

I chortled a bit when Bria stated she wanted a friend who is a "giver not a taker...isn't self-absorbed...not a know-it-all..." I guess she wants a friend who isn't like her dear, old mom.

AHAHAHAA!!!!

Haha true that! Speaking of her mum, have you seen Kelly's latest post about preparing her 2-year-old for her wedding? I mean, what was that? :shock:

Nah, this is a beautiful friend;

Dear Friend,

When you're sad ... I'll get you drunk and help you plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.

When you are blue ... I'll try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

When you smile ... I'll know you finally got laid.

When you are scared ... I will rag you about it every chance I get.

When you're worried ... I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be and to quit whining.

When you are confused ... I will use little words to explain it to your dumb ass.

When you are sick ... stay the hell away from me until you're well again. I don't want whatever you have.

When you fall ... I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.

This is my oath ... I pledge 'till the end.

Why you may ask? Because you're my friend!

:lol: One of my best friends is like the above. Except that when the shit hits the fan, she totally has my back. The rest of the time, we have a relationship of mutual mocking and adoration.

My BFF has a favorite phrase that she uses on me because I have a tendency to overcommit. It's "you've got to rein that shit in".

She's a lifesaver as well as the best friend I could ever have.

I think we'll have t-shirts made. . .

One of my very good friends (and comrades) and I have a relationship which is based largely on insulting each other. So much so that people who don't know us think we are fighting when they overhear us and get upset.

We aren't...we have a lot of shared history and like each other a lot. It's the liking which makes the teasing possible. We have a fair amount of injokes as well which sound like we're picking on each other but we are actually sort of reminiscing.

He's picked me out of the gutter when I was drunk and paid for a taxi and called to see I got home. Also walked home with me in a scary neighbourhood. I cannot think of anything I couldn't discuss with him. He's a really great bloke.

Mind you, we are both atheists, so I guess we don't get to have friends.

Haha true that! Speaking of her mum, have you seen Kelly's latest post about preparing her 2-year-old for her wedding? I mean, what was that? :shock:

Meh, that's not even original with Kelly. it was a seminar at the recent "Marriage and the Church" show by NCFIC.

I'd've liked to seen the looks on the daughters' faces - especially that of the 2-year-old - when Kelly read the Proverbs 31 verse in all its old English glory. Even I have to think through the phrasing. Doubt it means a thing to any of those girls, other than to smile and nod at Mama as usual.

That said, I see that Kelly has lost the self-portrait after every blogpost. Interesting choice.

One of my very good friends (and comrades) and I have a relationship which is based largely on insulting each other. So much so that people who don't know us think we are fighting when they overhear us and get upset.

We aren't...we have a lot of shared history and like each other a lot. It's the liking which makes the teasing possible. We have a fair amount of injokes as well which sound like we're picking on each other but we are actually sort of reminiscing.

I have a friend like this too! I pretend to complain about how mean he is to me, and then he says it's my fault... but it's all in jest and he's actually a very kind man. But we both have a super sarcastic quick wit that makes it easy to volley back and forth with the insults. It's almost like a game with him, but it really upsets some people

I kinda love my sarcastic, bluntly honest friends. I don't need a fan club. I need support and camaraderie and good advice. Even if those things sometimes come in the form of "wtf is wrong with you?".

Nah, this is a beautiful friend;

Dear Friend,

When you're sad ... I'll get you drunk and help you plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.

When you are blue ... I'll try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

When you smile ... I'll know you finally got laid.

When you are scared ... I will rag you about it every chance I get.

When you're worried ... I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be and to quit whining.

When you are confused ... I will use little words to explain it to your dumb ass.

When you are sick ... stay the hell away from me until you're well again. I don't want whatever you have.

When you fall ... I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.

This is my oath ... I pledge 'till the end.

Why you may ask? Because you're my friend!

:D :D :D :) :romance-inlove:

Archived