IGNORED

A woman is the only bird who supports her cage.

formergothardite

Do you think Miss Raquel is mocking us in her post from the other day? (god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/11/bramblewood-fall-fashion-event-day-4.html) She appears to be quite obviously Photoshopped in the pictures in front of the bend in the road.

It's obviously photoshopped and badly, but I don't think it's mocking us. How so?

Oh she is totally looking for a husband. Half her bucket list is things that she plans to do with a husband like ride horses on a beach and other things like that. She is going to marry the first guy she can.

So this whole interviewing thing is kind of a courtship pre-selection? Who makes it into the Top 5 gets, I don't know, I would say a date, but no.... a day with her family?!

A cage = home? It sounds like you are imprisoned in your own home. :shock:

Wouldn't it be better to say: "A woman is the only bear who supports her cave". A cave is open, and you can leave it if you feel like it.

I will never understand how the man is the leader of the home, the woman is his helper, but they are completely equal.

How does that work exactly?

(I think Top 5 means she's got a big ol' crush on him)

(I think Top 5 means she's got a big ol' crush on him)

Don't let her hear you say that. Otherwise, she might tell Mommy and Daddy who will then call your parents and everyone will have to have a big ridiculous meeting about it.

Don't let her hear you say that. Otherwise, she might tell Mommy and Daddy who will then call your parents and everyone will have to have a big ridiculous meeting about it.

Yes, never speculate about Raquel having a crush, though it is so obvious she probably has several. She probably notices every young man her age anywhere she goes. Just speculating of course. ;)

She is going to be shut in her room crying for the next couple of days over all this talk of her having a crush. Like she would even think about giving away a piece of her heart. :crying-yellow:

OOPS, sorry Miss Raquel. Didn't mean to imply you were giving away pieces of your heart.

I hope your parents don't want to have a meeting with my parents about this. But if they do, tell 'em they're gonna need a

Ouija Board to accomplish it.

Why does Miss Raquel love Tangled? Is she just too stupid to understand it?

The emotionally abusive stepmother and the girl trapped in a tower away from the wicked world are perfect metaphors for the fundamentalism she delights in. Tangled is about fleeing that abusive system to a place where you can be free. What a fool she is.

I really think she is too stupid to get the point of it. She didn't seem to get anything out of Jane Austin's novels except for pretty dresses and dancing. Here is her blog post about Tangled. She does say that the big problem with the movie is that it encourages children to run away from their mother.

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/09/tangled.html

Well, I can see why Raquel would find the movie appealing. Rapunzel marries her "hero" and she will probably lead a happy married life forever and ever (because divorces never happen in fairy-tales)...

Well, I can see why Raquel would find the movie appealing. Rapunzel marries her "hero" and she will probably lead a happy married life forever and ever (because divorces never happen in fairy-tales)...

Maybe she needs some Sondheim:

2wQww-6FuQ0

I thought it was suppsed to mean "a woman is the only animal who supports others to take her freedom away" and it was talking about fundie women who agree with submission and stuff.

I thought exactly the same thing.

I thought exactly the same thing.

Yep.

If it said "nest" instead of cage, maybe (although, that doesn't make a lot of sense -- all animals "support" their natural home).

I just can't see it any other way than that this tool is celebrating the fact that women are trapped, and that some women contribute to that.

:angry-fire:

Okay, about her Tangled post:

1. Pascal is not a freaking iguana. He is a chameleon, hence all the CHANGING COLORS STUFF.

2. She thinks Mother Gothel is "funny". Yikes. My 5 year old gets why she's all scary and unhealthy as a mother, and everytime I watch Tangled (which I'll be honest, I loved) I want to reach through the screen and strangle her.

Archived