IGNORED

A woman is the only bird who supports her cage.

formergothardite

That is how Miss Raquel's latest guy described a woman's place. The whole thing is:

The man is the head and the woman is his helper. One is not greater than the other, they are both equally important, but the man is for he and his family. A woman is the only bird who supports her cage. In my opinion, a husband should love his wife and the wife should love, respect and honor her husband.

Notice he doesn't say that man should respect and honor his wife.

He is also a tad obsessed with clothes, which is probably why Raquel likes him.

Not speaking for the majority, but I personally can tell you the entire outfit of any girl I met in the past week. I find myself walking though the mall and telling my sister, “That looks like something Katie wore last monthâ€â€¦or something along those lines.

it’s easier to respect a girl who cares about how she looks. Clean, well-matched, simple outfits are sometimes the most flattering.

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

That is how Miss Raquel's latest guy described a woman's place. The whole thing is:

The man is the head and the woman is his helper. One is not greater than the other, they are both equally important, but the man is for he and his family. A woman is the only bird who supports her cage. In my opinion, a husband should love his wife and the wife should love, respect and honor her husband.

Not speaking for the majority, but I personally can tell you the entire outfit of any girl I met in the past week. I find myself walking though the mall and telling my sister, “That looks like something Katie wore last monthâ€â€¦or something along those lines.

it’s easier to respect a girl who cares about how she looks. Clean, well-matched, simple outfits are sometimes the most flattering.

Little boys with ideas that have no basis in reality, but it's nothing new.

My sweats and sweatshirt are clean, well matched and very simply. Black sweats, sorta yoga pants style but not quite, so they are somewhat fitted. A red and black sweatshirt with my nieces high school mascot. Black socks, black slippers. So, yeah, I agree, clean, well matched and simple.

Guest Anonymous

There was an old song that was popular in late-Victorian America: "I'm Only A Bird In A Gilded Cage". Only an asshole like her would celebrate a woman propping up the very walls that keep her imprisoned.

His favorite movie: Tangled :puke-front:

One of his hobbies is fashion design. I wonder if we will see him in Project Runway in the future. :D

Clean, well-matched, simple outfits sometimes ARE the most flattering, I have to give her that.

I'm thinking jeans or shorts with a white tank top on tanned skin, with flip-flops, for example. That does look great oftentimes! But I have a feeling that's not what she meant :twisted:

I read the title and was like: Good one! :D Thought it came from a fundie observer.

Also, I am the only one who supports my cage, whatever that may be. I don't need a man to do it for me. I'm fully capable of taking care of my things all on my own. When the was a man involved, everything was a mess and screwed up and one hundred times harder.

If I gotta' have a cage, I'm making it mine.

I thought it was suppsed to mean "a woman is the only animal who supports others to take her freedom away" and it was talking about fundie women who agree with submission and stuff.

It is ok to look cute? Really?

I was wearing pink today, I look way younger than I am and I guess that did look cute with blond hair and a ponytail. I was told so, at least. Thank GOD it's ok for me to look that way! :pray:

Why is he in her "Top 5"? What Top 5?? Is she selecting husband material?? Is she ATTRACTED to him?? :shock: (I know I wouldn't be..)

Also, this somehow guy pings my gaydar.

He can tell the entire outfit a girl wore in the last week?

His fav movie is Tangled?

His hobby is fashion design?

Fundies really do not grasp the concept of irony, do they? She's oblivious to the fact that she describes herself as being trapped in a cage.

She probably loves him because he is a "perfect gentleman" who doesn't try any moves on her.

And, yeah, it's pretty damn modest to post a gazillion pics of yourself posing in "modest outfits".

I mean I do model fairly often, but I not have public blog where I brag about how "modest" I am

I think she likes him best because he loves Tangled (her favorite move!!eleventy!!), likes clothes, and likes posing for pictures. He is as shallow and self-absorbed as she is. They will be a perfect match.

I think she likes him best because he loves Tangled (her favorite move!!eleventy!!), likes clothes, and likes posing for pictures. He is as shallow and self-absorbed as she is. They will be a perfect match.

Is she really looking for husbands? Really??

They might be a perfect match, minus his sexual orientation. Hmm. Can't have everything I say! 8-)

Fun story: A friend of mine was married to this guy who eventually came out. 'Twas pretty fun. To observe.

What is your view on college for girls? It can be a very good or very bad thing. If your parents think you’re trustworthy and they’re comfortable with the school, go for it! My only warning would be that guys are extremely timid about interrupting a girl’s life. That’s not your fault but be aware that it is a reality.

So if you go to college, you'll never find a man and will become an old spinster upon graduation. Is this guy from my home county? Because a lot of my ex-boyfriends from there seemed to think this way, though few from there value education at all.

Of course, the old "if your PARENTS think you're trustworthy..." Fucking really? If you're 18 years old, your parents don't legally have a say in anything you do. College is great for women in that regard; and it keeps away anti-intellectual losers like this twat who only want a living sex doll who can clean the house.

Oh she is totally looking for a husband. Half her bucket list is things that she plans to do with a husband like ride horses on a beach and other things like that. She is going to marry the first guy she can.

He is is "warning" about girls going to college:

My only warning would be that guys are extremely timid about interrupting a girl’s life. That’s not your fault but be aware that it is a reality.

In other words, if you go to college, guys might not want to marry you. So just be aware you are going to end up all alone with only your college degree to comfort you.

Being a bird in a cage sounds really, really sucky to me. I mean, is that the best analogy they can come up with? Because it makes me even more inclined to run screaming away from patriarchy.

Do you think Miss Raquel is mocking us in her post from the other day? (god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/11/bramblewood-fall-fashion-event-day-4.html) She appears to be quite obviously Photoshopped in the pictures in front of the bend in the road.

I don't understand his dream job answer:

My dream job is basically to be a stage performer/recording artist on a large scale. I guess there are two motivating factors. 1) I know what it’s like to a beginner and how much it means to have your icon encourage you. If I could do that every day, I’d never stop smiling. And, 2) I think I might have met someone already and she deserves the best I can give her...sappy, I know.

Is he saying that he is going to be an icon that encourages the small time people? Or that he is a small time person and he has an icon that encourages him? Or both?

So he has already found his true wuve (perhaps Miss Raquel?) and the only way he can give her is best is to become a big time star?

Fundies really do not grasp the concept of irony, do they? She's oblivious to the fact that she describes herself as being trapped in a cage.

This!

I don't WTF often, because it's hard to shock me, but the idea that someone could use the phrase

"A woman is the only bird who supports her cage"

as anything other than a scream against sexism and patriarchy makes me say

WHAT THE FUCK?

I also figured, before opening it, that this would be a thread about one of the "I love this restricted life and you had better love it too" fundy women, and that the title was created by the poster.

I'm gobsmacked.

It is pretty telling that he thinks it is okay to refer to women as birds in cages and Raquel puts him in her top five category of amazing men. You better hope that the cage you are stuck in, Miss Raquel, is never owned by a man who snatches your camera away from you. If that happens lets see how much you would support your cage then. I think that little bird would fly the cage rather than stop taking pictures of herself.

It is pretty telling that he thinks it is okay to refer to women as birds in cages and Raquel puts him in her top five category of amazing men. You better hope that the cage you are stuck in, Miss Raquel, is never owned by a man who snatches your camera away from you. If that happens lets see how much you would support your cage then. I think that little bird would fly the cage rather than stop taking pictures of herself.

The only birds who support their patriarchal cages are vapid attention whores like Michelle Duggar who think the world revolves around them. Seriously, these "birds" are the kinds who put themselves on display, never showing the bad, and being the kind of women they are, the cage provides them the control over their environment that they crave. (Or so they think).

In other words, the birds who support their cages are the types who take a gazillion photos of themselves in modest clothes, post the "revelations" they had while sitting on their dead asses watching their daughters do all the work, and who pretend to be parenting experts while not knowing how to discipline children without beating them. All they have to do is show off their feathers and chirp at cooing passersby, and never leave the cage because that's really all they need. Never mind it's the cagemates who have to deal with the godawful mess down at the bottom nobody really wants to think about.

Archived