IGNORED

Jinger's 18th birthday... the countdown!

FJismyheadship

37 days til Miss Jinger Nichole Duggar turns 18. Think the Duggars are keeping a sharp eye on her? Is she being forced to work more so the busier she is the less escape plans she'll be able to make? Or is she being let up on a little so that she'll think she has it easy and will stay? AND do you think with Baby 20 on the way theres more of a chance of a mass breakout?

Or do we have to wait til Joy's 18th birthday to see anyone leave?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Sad to say I don't think any of them will be leaving anytime soon BUT I do think that a few will stray away later on in life. I hope!

Jinger seems like a happy girl, someone who can get herself to function in that life. Like even the stuff she wants to do in the future (the photography) is stuff she can really learn and excel at and still live the life expected of her. She seems like the brainwashing camp had its effect, but that she stayed a relatively fun and happy person. For instance most of you know she has hardly anything in her biography that is religious, even the part of what she believes in: "Everyone needs something to believe in - I believe I'll have more coffee!" :D :clap: But when it's the countdown to Joy's 18th birthday, oh man hopefully she will be gone!!! If she knows there is a world to escape to! Really hoping that Grandma is a bridge.

Jinger is going nowhere. She'd never leave Jessa and she seems well adjusted despite her circumstances.

The rebellions won't start until the show is cancelled and will probably involve the middle kids.

It's funny, but I have a different view of Jinger than most folks. I think she's the most likely to stay in the fundie lifestyle because she strikes me as being rather snobby. I see her as someone who feels she's superior to everyone who isn't fundie. I could be wrong, but that's my impression of her.

As for Grandma, I don't think she'd be a bridge out because she's just as fundie as the rest of them and she's pretty dependent on Boob and Mullet now.

It's funny, but I have a different view of Jinger than most folks. I think she's the most likely to stay in the fundie lifestyle because she strikes me as being rather snobby. I see her as someone who feels she's superior to everyone who isn't fundie. I could be wrong, but that's my impression of her.

:cry: Somehow I think you are right. I want a different life for Jinger though. :( I want her to actively choose her own path in life.

:cry: Somehow I think you are right. I want a different life for Jinger though. :( I want her to actively choose her own path in life.

I'm beginning to wonder if Jinger is insecure. And I also don't think Grandma Duggar will be a bridge.

I have just always heard that Grandma Duggar didn't raise JB that way and really didn't like the move to such a drastic view on religion. Maybe I heard wrong, or maybe she's been won over. Or maybe she is just being what the parents need while giving more silent support to the kids.

Where do you see the kids' biographies?

I don't think she'll leave, but I don't see her as loyal to the lifestyle as her older siblings. I guess we'll see what happens. I don't see any daughters leaving, really, under Dim Bulbs authority, which is quite sad.

Jinger and Jessa have a snobby air, but I think it is a mix of celebrity and teenaged insecurity.

Plus, they are super hot.

Jinger's not going anywhere. The family will probably go shooting (again) or jump out of a plane (again) or maybe go on another cool train ride with "nice" robbers (again).

She won't go. Like the rest, she's probably bracing for a potential family emergency with #20.

Though she would make millions on a 'Barely legal' photoshoot.

As much as I really want them to break free, I think they do have a strong bond with siblings and wont leave them. That being said, I think once one of the girls marries theres a good chance Jinger and some of the other "of age" but not married girls will jump ship to live with them.

If anyone is a bridge its the Kellers!

I think that it would be difficult for ANY of the J's to leave. Their education seems ill prepared to help them survive IRL. They have no support system other than their family and church. I doubt their parents have given them any share (except maybe Smugger) of money. They live an isolated life and I doubt the parents would allow anyone who could help/encourage their escape anywhere near them. The grandmother seems to have no presence other than as a laundress and I doubt she would help any child leave now that she is dependent on J and M. It would take a very strong person with a very strong motive to leave given these circumstances. I hope that the J's are happy because they are living their future.

I think that it would be difficult for ANY of the J's to leave. Their education seems ill prepared to help them survive IRL. They have no support system other than their family and church. I doubt their parents have given them any share (except maybe Smugger) of money. They live an isolated life and I doubt the parents would allow anyone who could help/encourage their escape anywhere near them. The grandmother seems to have no presence other than as a laundress and I doubt she would help any child leave now that she is dependent on J and M. It would take a very strong person with a very strong motive to leave given these circumstances. I hope that the J's are happy because they are living their future.

+1, unfortunately.

Where do you see the kids' biographies?

I don't think she'll leave, but I don't see her as loyal to the lifestyle as her older siblings. I guess we'll see what happens. I don't see any daughters leaving, really, under Dim Bulbs authority, which is quite sad.

Go here: duggarfamily.com/content/family It is at the Duggars web site, and under "Family Info". The pages for each person start as a stroll through a scrapbook, but to get back to one if it strolls past, click on their pic above the scrapbook.

Yeah, it is so sad. But there is such a thing as rebellion, which they would have to do in order to leave, so hopefully someone will have enough of a rebellious spirit that wants to keep their mind alive to leave.

ETA: I tried twice to remove the stuff in the link that would make it a direct link, because that is what we are suppose to do at this site, right? But it keeps popping up as a direct link - I hope it works this time.

I totally agree. The J'Slaves don't have anyone to help them break free. On one thread here, someone menionted if Deanna or Amy would help the girls leave home or break out of the lifestyle and I honestly don't see Deanna or Amy helping the girls out. I think they would fear a conflict with JB. Mary won't help either. The J'Slaves in some ways are behind other young women that are their same ages. Jana is 21 with no work experience outside the home. Some young women her name age have had jobs for 3-6 years. I do wonder if the J'Slaves ever have their own spending money or have some idea of how to write checks and stuff like that.

I have just always heard that Grandma Duggar didn't raise JB that way and really didn't like the move to such a drastic view on religion. Maybe I heard wrong, or maybe she's been won over. Or maybe she is just being what the parents need while giving more silent support to the kids.

I heard somewhere that she became fundie when Boob and Deanna were teenagers. She started to have more conservative beliefs. I heard somewhere that Boob's dad Jimmy Lee loathed fundie beliefs and he disagreed with Boob having more than the two kids.

Go here: duggarfamily.com/content/family It is at the Duggars web site, and under "Family Info". The pages for each person start as a stroll through a scrapbook, but to get back to one if it strolls past, click on their pic above the scrapbook.

Yeah, it is so sad. But there is such a thing as rebellion, which they would have to do in order to leave, so hopefully someone will have enough of a rebellious spirit that wants to keep their mind alive to leave.

ETA: I tried twice to remove the stuff in the link that would make it a direct link, because that is what we are suppose to do at this site, right? But it keeps popping up as a direct link - I hope it works this time.

Joy's favorite song is "I'll Fly Away." We hope so Joy, we hope so.

Yeahhh Jing!! Going to be legal!! Wonder what she'll do. Buy a lotto ticket? or a pack of cigs?? Time to break free!

Heh, my twins turned 18 back in September. The first thing they wanted to do after school on their birthday was go buy a lottery ticket. They were so excited! :lol:

I want to hope that she finds a way out soon, but the pessimist in me says that none of the kids will bolt until the show stops and the money dries up. I doubt there will be any real effort to keep the kids from leaving once Boob finds out he can't make money from them anymore.

Jinger actually never seemed to me like she would want to rebel. She makes faces sometimes, but I don't think it's a sign she's unhappy necessarily. Jessa always seemed more rebellious to me. Or even Jill - even though she seems to be the most into the lifestyle, she wants to be a nurse, which might require her to go to do some things incompatible with the lifestyle. Jinger has stated she doesn't like science (I think during the schooling episode when she was learning about the eye), and she likes things like photography which are pretty Gothard-approved.

Thanks for the link!

I think Jinger seems more artsy than science-y (I doubt the Duggars really have had that much exposure to science anyway...). Out of all the girls, I'd say Jana seems most into the lifestyle. And I can see her marrying young (disclaimer: If Boob allows it) and starting a family. I like Jana, but she seems to fit into that "meek, submissive wife and mother" role more than the others. Her Bio even says her future plans are to be a wife and mother. Jill seems to be into the lifestyle, but she strikes me as more adventurous than her older sister and even with all the hurdles she'll probably face when going into nursing, I really hope she's able to do that. I wonder if she'd consider doing peace corps or that in the future since she seems to like going to places like El Salvador and helping out.

Jessa and Jinger appear to have that rebellious nature to them and they're spunky. I don't think either will outwardly rebel, but they do seem headstrong. It's hard for me to think of Jinger and Jessa as submissive helpmeets.

I saw the biographies, and Joy's says "wife and mother" for future plans. Maybe that will change as she gets older? She doesn't seem that maternal to me. Out of all the older children, Jinger is definitely the most interesting and shows a semblance of a personality.

As for any of the girls escaping... it will be EXTREMELY hard. Aside from what was mentioned, potential suitors have to go through an interrogation with Dim Bulb before even courting his daughters. I wouldn't be surprised if he picked strong, manly leaders to court his daughters into submission, and therefore ensure neither of them leave the cult.

These are just my observations. :?

Archived