IGNORED

Do the Duggars always wear two tops?

Daenerys

I notice that both the girls and guys in the Duggar family appear to be wearing a very high necked top underneath if they have anything more revealing (like a shirt or polo). But it's so so hot in Arkansas, I don't understand how anyone can be wearing two full tops when it's 30C... surely you would get heatstroke?

The Brown women all do this, too. It looks completely ridiculous on grown women.

I actually don't think it's that bad (not compared to the denim skirts anyway) just incredibly impractical in that kind of climate!

I frequently wear two shirts if the top one is too low cut for my taste. But I live in northern CA, and my undershirts are usually just camisoles with no sleeves

Well, if you are so into modesty that you give birth on TV and talk about cervix softening in front of a lot of people you don't know it's necessary to wear to tops.. otherwise your sister would have to shout "NIKE" at you to avoid that you defraud your brother or daddy.

I always wear a tank top under whatever shirt I'm wearing, even in the summer. Maybe it would be cooler without it, but I would feel naked. Again, those are sleeveless, though.

Guest Anonymous

I live in Northern Cali too and it's too hot in the summer to wear two shirts but in the winter I will wear a tank top or cami under a sweater or long sleeve shirt if it is extra chilly outside. I get hot really easily so the idea of wearing two shirts doesn't appeal to me at all.

This reminds me of the infomercial for that little camisole that's just a strip of cloth... Has anyone seen that? I can't remember the name for the life of me.

This reminds me of the infomercial for that little camisole that's just a strip of cloth... Has anyone seen that? I can't remember the name for the life of me.

Cami-Secret.

Better known as 'the tit-kercheif'

edited because I can't link

Cami-Secret.

I've always wanted to get some of those, as I hate cleavage showing through my tops when I bend over. But those are horrible, I wouldn't want lace at the top! Do they do plain ones?

Cami-Secret.

LOL.

I wear camisoles all the time under shirts (my boobs still manage to show some cleavage though...they are of their own mind, but I do it more for the extra warmth and/or comfort, not the total cleavage hiding), and cannot say I have ever struggled with them as much as that girl seems too with adjusting her camisoles on a constant basis.

I love when people try to sell you something to fix a problem you have - by taking great effort to create the problem in the first place!

I've always wanted to get some of those, as I hate cleavage showing through my tops when I bend over. But those are horrible, I wouldn't want lace at the top! Do they do plain ones?

I know people (teachers--we have to worry about bending over wrong some days) who have 'em and like 'em...but if you google 'modesty panel', you find similar things (often marketed toward fundies ;) ) that may be more plain, like this:

http://www.amazon.com/White-Cotton-Mode ... B004IGT8DW

I do this, but I'm still nursing. The innermost top goes down, top on top goes up, boom, instant "modest" breastfeeding, without a gigantic cape that screams "TITTYS ARE OUT AND BABY IS FEEEEEEDING" ala J'chelle.

That and even if I'm not planning on nursing, i'm VERY long waisted, and my tops have a tendency to ride up. If I wear 2, for some reason they don't as much.

I often wear a cami-secret or an actual tank top under my shirt, but only for work. When I'm anywhere else, I don't care about a little bit of cleavage. I sure as hell wouldn't wear two shirts for any outdoor activity during the summer. I wore shorts and a very low-cut sleeveless shirt to an outdoor wine-tasting event. I actually fainted for the first time ever and flashed everyone my bra, but if it was hot enough for me to faint, it was too hot to wear an extra shirt. I can't imagine doing something like in two shirts and ankle-length denim.

I always wear a cami under tops. I have stretch marks on my stomach that I am very insecure about, plus large natural boobs that have a mind of their own. A long cami that is relatively tight keeps all of my body parts where I want them. Also, with all of the bottoms so low rise, I need those few extra inches of coverage.

I vaguely recall reading/hearing somewhere that part of the reason for this is to prevent NIKE moments when the air temp changes (like going into an air-conditioned building in the summertime). Wouldn't want anyone guessing you were a normal female or anything... :lol:

About 2 months after my last baby was born I went to a large family function. I wore one of those slimming camies under my shirt for modesty and baby belly control. It only worked for the latter. I looked at some pictures from the day, and all I look like a walking set of tits. I needed a super crazy high neck cami. Perhaps the fundies could hook me up.

VeraAnne, the higher necked ones are actually worse. They give you a condition that my sisters and I call uniboob. Have you tried a v-neck cami, the kind that are not too low cut? They have them at Target and they do wonders for taking the emphasis off my chest.

I have a few of those, but I haven't worn them much since the noonday decided that they need their own zip code. I might try them again and see if they actually help to take the focus off my chest.

I vaguely recall reading/hearing somewhere that part of the reason for this is to prevent NIKE moments when the air temp changes (like going into an air-conditioned building in the summertime). Wouldn't want anyone guessing you were a normal female or anything... :lol:

Um, don't they wear bras?!? I don't have a noticable problem with that, simply because I wear lined bras (not padded, dear God I don't need any help with that!). Very rarely do I wear 2 shirts, that juat seems really uncomfy to me.

I notice it way more on the Browns, mainly Christine, than on the Duggars. She wears what I'd consider the tank top over the other, fuller shirt. I find it a rather odd use of the tank top.

I also noticed it on All-American Muslim last night, where at least one Muslim woman was wearing a tight-fitting white top underneath a sleeveless dress. I also found that odd-looking. It seems to me some sort of jacket or even shawl worn over the sleeveless dress would look much better. Or perhaps just don't pick a sleeveless dress if you find it immodest or otherwise inappropriate?

I have to agree that I find the crazy-long denim skirts the Duggar girls wear fugglier than their double-top choices.

Archived