IGNORED

Duggars on Today show again (Nov 14)

longskirtlotsakids

They are discussing America's "love-hate" relationship with the Duggars.

I have no love, only hate. To me they are like Snooki- half- witted, uneducated, and make their bucks by acting irresponsibly.

I don't hate the Duggars but I do strongly disagree with their stance on many issues. The way that they are using their children to get money and possible converts to their faith also sickens me.

Are they in the NY studio? If so,that's two major trips between Arkansas and NYC in less than two weeks. I wonder if they fly up early in the morning and back that evening, or if they stay overnight. Either way, it's exhausting for everyone but jimboob and the mullet.

I think the hate for the Duggars has increased. I think most reality show stars are annoying and have narcissistic attitudes. I have seen Duggar fans compare the Duggars to other reality stars and they try to say the Duggars are better than Kate Gosselin, the Kardashians etc. To me, the Duggars aren't any better than other reality show participants. Boob is just as greedy as Kris Jenner and Kate Gosselin.

The Today Show and Good Morning America both pander too much to the Duggars and the Duggar fans. NBC's site was filled with a lot of anti-Duggar comments last Tuesday and they even closed the comments section. I hope that the mainstream is slowly becoming aware of the dislike for the Duggars.

They are on AGAIN? You've got to be kidding.

My guess: They're "discussing" the non-issues for about 7 minutes, then Anna gets to shout out she's AX-PACK-TAING!

They are on AGAIN? You've got to be kidding.

My guess: They're "discussing" the non-issues for about 7 minutes, then Anna gets to shout out she's AX-PACK-TAING!

I wouldn't be surprised if they made an announcement like that or an engagement just to take the heat off of Boob and Jchelle.

What time is their segment supposed to air? I'd rather not sit through the whole show just to see the Duggars dance around questions.

The hate, or dislike, or whatever you call it for the Duggars has increased because they increasingly throw themselves in the general public's face. You can't get away from them. They're on the freaking news - news! If they'd STFU once in a while, people may not feel so comfortable forming opinions, and expressing them. You can't hate what you don't know. Put your life on display to obtain praise and adoration, you gotta' take what comes with that - disdain and disgust.

If they'd go away, so would their 'haters'. Instead, they plaster themselves onto the public psyche at every opportunity and force the world to acknowledge they exist.

Unless I found the wrong video it seems mostly about the overwhelming response on the Today Moms site. The Duggars are seen in clips.

I'm just surprised the Today Show would admit that not everyone is as super pro Duggars as they are. Most of the time most people I know just ignore the Duggars/ don't know anything about them / think i'm weird because I do. But now that they're on the news all the time for no good reason other than incessantly reproducing, the average person who normally wouldn't care is realizing these people are crazy. So for that I thank the Today show, because from what i've heard their softball questions are making people think about the real questions they should be answering.

When discussing the Duggars the other day my friend said the funniest thing : "Maybe I could have 20 kids too, i wouldn't know, but I value my lady parts and my hypothetical children too much to even try." And before they announce J'20 she never mentioned them. I told her about Free Jinger. I feel like i'm converting the masses:)

I just watched the segment and I hated the usual "Michelle homeschools" defense in regards to the time she spends with the kids.

That tired old saw? She only "homeschools" when the cameras are around. "Des tit TUTE" anyone? Guess it was Bankruptcy Law Day for kindergartners. *eyeroll of idiocy*

Homeschooling is not an excuse.

I spend at least an hour every day with each of my children. The baby and 4 yo actually get several hours, but the grade schoolers get about an hour of interpersonal interaction. For instance, I always have a dinner helper, and we joke around and talk while we cook. I usually let the dinner helper have some say over the menu, even if it is just picking out the vegetable. My husband probably spends an equal amount of time with the older kids, less with the younger ones because he is gone all day.

In order for Michelle to give the older kids an hour a day of individual attention and then also attend to the higher needs of the babies and toddlers, she would need more than 24 hours a day. I just don't buy it. Sorry, Michelle, you are full of shit and everyone can see it.

I agree with the man interviewed who said that kids can be more resilient without so much individual attention. I don't think the parents need to spend an hour one-on-one with each kid each day. My parents didn't do that with me and I come from a small family.

I am actually not concerned about how much attention the kids get. They might be better off without all the direct brainwashing that individual attention from those parents would mean. What is worrisome is the beliefs about gender roles, religion, and so on that the Duggars are promoting and it's disappointing that the Today show didn't even point out that some people have a problem with the lifestyle not just the number of kids.

My parents were always calling us by the wrong name and there were only three of us! I don't think that's a sign of neglect just blanking out at an inopportune moment. And I don't think that not spending that much time with your kids individually is necessarily bad, either.

I'm more concerned about _what_ they're taught than how long they spend teaching it. Did anybody hear Michelle when she was answering the question about her teenagers kissing somebody?!? How she got all choked up with anger and then kind of dismissed the question? Yeah, _that's_ what I worry about.

My mom did that too. I was always "Tau--John--JESS!!!" (John is my uncle). She's not even attempting the name, she's just thinking "Hmm, you're a boy, so you are Brother!" She does it in a couple other episodes too. Jackson is helping her with the laundry and she says "Good work, Brother".

There was just so much garbage in this segment that I don't know where to start. 1) She doesn't really home school them AT ALL. 2) The don't have all the clothes etc on their own dime, it's because of the show 3) The schooling they do receive is so lacking that they'll never amount to very much 4) They're all so well behaved because they're most likely beaten/spanked etc. where fear of the parents is used as a tool to manipulate them...and the spiritual manipulation/brainwashing that occurs when you are taught to believe unhappiness or disobeying is against God. Grr.

I only have one brother and he's 12 years younger than I am so sometimes I will look after him and sort of parent him in a sense but my mother always asks me first and she does pay me the same rate she would a sitter. I would watch him anyway 'cause I love the kid, but at least I am always given the choice and not enslaved into raising oodles of children like those poor girls.

I know all of these points have been discussed etc. but each time it just makes me mad again. You think I would be desensitized by now but it still irks me that the mainstream media accepts the sell and does no investigation.

Archived