IGNORED

Proof the Duggars don't disagree with the Pearls

annalena

duggarfamily.com/content/amazon_blitz

This is what it says:

NoGreaterJoy.org

Features some of the finest in family-friendly, value-based books, audios, videos, and articles on parenting, husband and wife relationships, ministry and more! Materials include, To Train Up A Child, Jumping Ship, Created To Be His Help Meet, Preparing To Be A Help Meet, Only Men, the Good and Evil graphic novel in over 20 languages and a FREE bi-monthly magazine.

25% off!! :shock: But, sorry to disappoint, you missed it. June 28-30 only.

Preparing To Be A Helpmeet :angry-cussingblack:

Here are two girls discussing the book. One tells the "hilarious" story of her brand new husband literally spitting wedding cake in her face. It ruined her dress, but it was okay because it only cost $100. And it was worth it because all of the guys thought it was really funny.

!

The Pearls clearly ain't much into the subliminal, are they?

Good luck with your new lord and master, Young Mrs. Spatupon.

(edited to add that I'm pretty sure the bride is the Pearls' daughter.)

Ms. Spatupon is a Pearl daughter, so it's no wonder she was ok with her husband's antics. I know some people find the whole smear-cake-on-your-spouse thing funny (I don't), but I don't think there's anyone who would think that *spitting* on your spouse in her wedding finery is funny at all.

At the end of the clip, they mentioned that the Preparing to be a Helpmeet book can be used with girls as young as 12 or 13 - GAG!!!!!

http://www.duggarfamily.com/content/amazon_blitz

This is what it says:

NoGreaterJoy.org

Features some of the finest in family-friendly, value-based books, audios, videos, and articles on parenting, husband and wife relationships, ministry and more! Materials include, To Train Up A Child, Jumping Ship, Created To Be His Help Meet, Preparing To Be A Help Meet, Only Men, the Good and Evil graphic novel in over 20 languages and a FREE bi-monthly magazine.

Aha! I knew I saw a direct connection somewhere -- I think someone might have posted that a few months ago.

I have to learn how to make a screen shot . . .

I would never tolerate anyone spitting cake in my face.

Oh, if that video is a treat, here's this one too:

Serving a King?

If I didn't cook food the way my husband wanted it, I'd say tough shit and let him cook his own food or starve.

These Pearl videos are a goldmine of snark!

I would never tolerate anyone spitting cake in my face.

Oh, if that video is a treat, here's this one too:

Serving a King?

If I didn't cook food the way my husband wanted it, I'd say tough shit and let him cook his own food or starve.

These Pearl videos are a goldmine of snark!

Honestly, I sometimes do cook in a different way because my boyfriend enjoys it. Ok, that doesn't sounds right. :D I cook the food so I know he'll like it and when he asks me to do it differently, I will, because I want to please him. It's a two-way-street though. He does similiar stuff for me.

True. It goes both ways. But if I was like that girl in the video, woke up early to do a nice gesture, and my husband was like "I wanted french toast instead of eggs", I wouldn't make him french toast instead (unless it was something extreme like an allergy). Unless it was a food I outright didn't like, which my bf knows these things, I wouldn't complain and I'd eat it. I'd appreciate him taking time out of his day to do that for me. And if he made something like a PB&J, I'd make my own sandwich. I just think it's ridiculous to be all "my husband's a jerk, so I must submit to him more to make him more appreciative of me because he's my king!"

this is just horrendous:

you have to become what your husband is.

oh my.

also - say a man goes to a missionary field and marries a local - EVEN IF SHE LOOKS THE SAME (say, Russian! Ukrainian! it's not just the dark people!) IT"S TOTALLY DIFFERENT! her husband might want his children raised Christian, and she might be saved and all, but she's not been trained to raise Christian children, her standards aren't up there..

find someone whose husband doesn't believe in birth control and has had seven children in five yeras!

7 in 5 years?

"I do" = "I agree to obey"

I don't have words, i really don't

The Pearl-daughter (what's her name? Shalom??) really has to wash her hair. Maybe that's defrauding though.

True. It goes both ways. But if I was like that girl in the video, woke up early to do a nice gesture, and my husband was like "I wanted french toast instead of eggs", I wouldn't make him french toast instead (unless it was something extreme like an allergy). Unless it was a food I outright didn't like, which my bf knows these things, I wouldn't complain and I'd eat it. I'd appreciate him taking time out of his day to do that for me. And if he made something like a PB&J, I'd make my own sandwich. I just think it's ridiculous to be all "my husband's a jerk, so I must submit to him more to make him more appreciative of me because he's my king!"

Well of course I would appreciate whatever he does for me and he does the same! It's all about effort.

Of course I would very much NOT appreciate him spitting cake in my face on the wedding day. I don't know why in the world he'd do that in the first place though. Even if it tasted weird, hwo about a napkin!?!

It's not gonna make him treat her better....worse, if anything.

this is just horrendous:

you have to become what your husband is.

oh my.

also - say a man goes to a missionary field and marries a local - EVEN IF SHE LOOKS THE SAME (say, Russian! Ukrainian! it's not just the dark people!) IT"S TOTALLY DIFFERENT! her husband might want his children raised Christian, and she might be saved and all, but she's not been trained to raise Christian children, her standards aren't up there..

find someone whose husband doesn't believe in birth control and has had seven children in five yeras!

7 in 5 years?

"I do" = "I agree to obey"

I don't have words, i really don't

Yeah, turn back the clock 150 years at least.... well there IS a way HE can take your name. Newsflash.

I mean they have a point about "how different is too different", but this goes two ways, again. If your values and ideas of life don't work for each other, there's not much point in having a relationship, let alone getting married. Even then, you'll not agree on everything, have different dreams, hopes, ideas. You'll always have to adapt to each other to some degree. "To each other" being key words.

"A woman has to become what her husband is". Umm, nope.

I mean it does make sense to talk about how many children you want and stuff.. but how about she's allowed to voice HER opinion, too. Not just shut up and go around and see what she can agree with.

Honestly, I sometimes do cook in a different way because my boyfriend enjoys it. Ok, that doesn't sounds right. :D I cook the food so I know he'll like it and when he asks me to do it differently, I will, because I want to please him. It's a two-way-street though. He does similiar stuff for me.

Well, I am "old" and have been married a long time and it's pretty much egalitarian...

With regard to cooking-

and about 95% of the time (husband or others) when I cook, I try to select food that the people doing the eating will like and eat. It's a total waste of food, time, and energy if it goes in the trash, and I recognize that people (within reason, of course) have individual tastes. (I don't cook more than one meal at any one time, though).

But, where there is something that I love and my husband won't eat... it shows up occasionally, along with other selections, of course.

http://www.duggarfamily.com/content/amazon_blitz

This is what it says:

NoGreaterJoy.org

And now, back to the opening post :)

The Duggars should be ashamed. (Maybe TLC will make them take it down. Not to hide what they think, but more to avoid their influencing anyone in the direction of the Pearls. Is there someplace to bring this to TLC's attention?)

"A woman has to become what her husband is". Umm, nope.

Umm, actually, I did. But I suspect that they don't really mean the wife should go out and become a doctor like her husband :D

P.S. My response to picky eaters in our house is to have them make their own meals

P.P.S. The Duggars new website seems much more open about their ATI/fundie connections. The "manly boys" (or whatever) section is full of ALERT stuff.

Umm, actually, I did. But I suspect that they don't really mean the wife should go out and become a doctor like her husband :D

P.S. My response to picky eaters in our house is to have them make their own meals

P.P.S. The Duggars new website seems much more open about their ATI/fundie connections. The "manly boys" (or whatever) section is full of ALERT stuff.

Docmom for the win!

What kind of doctors are you two, if I may be so nosy?

Here's a screencap:

duggarspromotechildabuse-1.png

Edited because I took a second screencap and wanted to leave in the date so people can see how recently they're promoting this crap and not be able to say "Well that was 10 years ago so they've moved on" or somesuch nonsense.

And now, back to the opening post :)

The Duggars should be ashamed. (Maybe TLC will make them take it down. Not to hide what they think, but more to avoid their influencing anyone in the direction of the Pearls. Is there someplace to bring this to TLC's attention?)

Maybe it's better TLC doesn't get involved. It might take some of the "rose" off the rose colored glasses many of their "fans" wear....

Archived