IGNORED

Lyndsie has updated! (Days of thanks)

annalena

Now she's thankful for her parents, brothers and sisters, health, her doctor (?), and everyone who has served.

All of it is titled "day x", although all was posted yesterday.

She's running out of things to be thankful for. Perhaps soon she will be thankful for all those adoption donations she got? I can hope.

I think most of the people who donated to her adoption fund might have been friends and relatives, so might not seeing her giving thanks to them. I think the strangers who did donate were probably fundie lites or main stream Christians who had their blogs linked to Lyndsie's. I saw a few of them and they people lived away from Georgia. Maybe Ben and Katie donated to her. They aren't fundie lite, but they are conservative and I kind of get the feeling Katie would donate to cutsie Lyndsie.

I have a friend who is doing that on facebook. Was this suggested in churches or something?

Not sure, maybe it has been suggested in churches. I remember a couple of years back on FB, there was this Thanksgiving note survey that circulated with some friends that was started by a pastor from somewhere in the South.

She's posted that she's thankful for Daniel's job.

She sells Mary Kay now, as we all know. Why didn't she start doing that before they adopted? She'd probably have gotten a lot less criticism if she'd been doing something to earn money while waiting for a baby. Instead she insisted that they were doing everything they could to save money and to NOT ask her why she wouldn't get a job. All while blogging about going out to dinner with friends and gushing about Daniel bringing home Starbucks iced coffees for her.

Maybe after the adoption she realized how expensive baby stuff was and started Mary Kay because of that.

She did sell MK before the adoption. It's not really a huge money maker. The fad swept through my homeschooling community a few years ago. About ten women signed up. Two now make pin money (after working 20-30 hour weeks for years), probably a couple hundred a month. The rest have garages full of makeup and moisturizer and had to quit.

Lyndsie's donations were not just from family. There were numerous fundraisers on other blogs that look like they made some money.

She did sell MK before the adoption. It's not really a huge money maker. The fad swept through my homeschooling community a few years ago. About ten women signed up. Two now make pin money (after working 20-30 hour weeks for years), probably a couple hundred a month. The rest have garages full of makeup and moisturizer and had to quit.

Lyndsie's donations were not just from family. There were numerous fundraisers on other blogs that look like they made some money.

I found this blog that had a fundraiser for D&L, but it was after the adoption of Ethan.

worleyhouseblog.com/2011/05/project-baby-b-adoption-fundraiser.html

I wonder if Lyndsie will thank the other bloggers who had fundraisers for her.

I wonder if Lyndsie will thank the other bloggers who had fundraisers for her.

I think one of the side-effects of this "woman was made to have babies, lots of babies" belief is a feeling of entitlement to those babies. Perhaps in Lyndsie's world, those donations were just God's way of getting her the baby/babies she so richly deserves. So. No need to thank the many women who held fund-raisers, or who dug into their grocery money to help her. They were just doing God's will. A quick "thank you" to God is all that's needed.

I think one of the side-effects of this "woman was made to have babies, lots of babies" belief is a feeling of entitlement to those babies. Perhaps in Lyndsie's world, those donations were just God's way of getting her the baby/babies she so richly deserves. So. No need to thank the many women who held fund-raisers, or who dug into their grocery money to help her. They were just doing God's will. A quick "thank you" to God is all that's needed.

Yup there were feelings of entitlement with Lyndsie and Daniel. I did feel sorry for them because they both come from fundie lite/fundie circles and probably all of their 20 something friends at least have 1 kid. I can see that they probably felt out of place with friends and relatives.

She's posted that she's thankful for Daniel's job.

She sells Mary Kay now, as we all know. Why didn't she start doing that before they adopted? She'd probably have gotten a lot less criticism if she'd been doing something to earn money while waiting for a baby. Instead she insisted that they were doing everything they could to save money and to NOT ask her why she wouldn't get a job. All while blogging about going out to dinner with friends and gushing about Daniel bringing home Starbucks iced coffees for her.

Maybe after the adoption she realized how expensive baby stuff was and started Mary Kay because of that.

I laughed at Lyndsie's claims of them doing everything the could to save money. On the blog she made a few posts in which she said that she was she was shopping TJ Maxx, Target and thrift shops for clothes as ways of saving money. But I would laugh when she posted about eating out and Daniel buying her stuff. I also wondered if Daniel was shopping at the same stores as Lyndsie.

I wonder how many people buy from her. Too bad she isn't crafty (she'd said before on her blog that she wasn't) or else she could go in with her sister and crank out some more of those awful Christmas wreaths that look like bath poufs. :lol:

Way back, I remember that the whole adoption fundraiser thing and putting a donation button on their blog had been someone else's suggestion. I couldn't remember who, but I poked around a little and found this:

ourhappilyeverafters.com/2010/08/putting-love-into-action.html

From the link:

At my suggestion, Daniel and Lyndsie have set up an adoption fund on their blog. They were hesitant to do this, because the LAST thing they want is to look like they're expecting people to give or contribute. However, I told Lyndsie that some people might not be called to adopt themselves, but they would love to contribute financially.

They may have been hesitant at first, but that sure seemed to wear off quickly.

I wonder how many people buy from her. Too bad she isn't crafty (she'd said before on her blog that she wasn't) or else she could go in with her sister and crank out some more of those awful Christmas wreaths that look like bath poufs. :lol:

Way back, I remember that the whole adoption fundraiser thing and putting a donation button on their blog had been someone else's suggestion. I couldn't remember who, but I poked around a little and found this:

ourhappilyeverafters.com/2010/08/putting-love-into-action.html

From the link:

They may have been hesitant at first, but that sure seemed to wear off quickly.

Yup, it wore off quickly. I think Lyndsie probably became ok with the adoption donation fund, because people had donated to her during her cancer bouts.

I think cancer donations are totally different. I have given to those; a little girl in my son's class had an older brother who was dying of one of those horrible childhood cancers. There were fundraisers to help support the family so the parents could focus on their son. They did not have a lot of time left, and I wish I could have given thousands instead of a lousy ten bucks.

But an adoption can wait. I can see why she might come out with a certain level of entitlement though.

I think cancer donations are totally different. I have given to those; a little girl in my son's class had an older brother who was dying of one of those horrible childhood cancers. There were fundraisers to help support the family so the parents could focus on their son. They did not have a lot of time left, and I wish I could have given thousands instead of a lousy ten bucks.

But an adoption can wait. I can see why she might come out with a certain level of entitlement though.

I agree the cancer donations are different and I have donated to people in those situations. I think with Lyndsie's cancer bouts there was a need for donation funds.

Adoptions can wait because they aren't life or death situations. I'm not trying to sound cruel, but I got the feeling that Lyndsie was coddled to quite a bit during her cancer bouts and so her entitlement steamed from that. Before she and Daniel got married, they didn't have a lot of money for certain wedding things and a bridal store gave her a dress. Sometimes in life we all need help with things, but there are times when we have to help ourselves. I got the feeling that Lyndsie doesn't have anyone her life to dish out tough advice to her.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Lyndsie's Days of Thanks is over and as expected she didn't thank the people who donated to her fund and she seems to be lying again about being completely cancer free.

Archived