IGNORED

For Those Wondering About the Duggars & Spanking

Jessica

These captures include tons of conservative/fundie Christian jargon and links, but nothing pertaining specifically to the Pearls or NGJM.

February 12, 2005: http://web.archive.org/web/200501111732 ... amily.com/

July 07, 2005: http://web.archive.org/web/200507070144 ... amily.com/

October 24, 2005: http://web.archive.org/web/200510240253 ... amily.com/

If anyone has a time frame for the Pearl reference, it would make searching the archive a lot easier.

Time frame? Well...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8116

Right now.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Err... the screencap is just two posts up from Elle's.

My sister in law went and saw the Duggars when they spoke in Lawrence ks. She said that she spoke with Michelle and she told her they do spank but not with a hand. Michelle also told her they installed the gate after some scary things happened. She asked Jessa if michelle ever gets angry and yells and she said oh yes. My sister in law idolizes the duggars and has gone off the deep end since meeting them. She homeschools (barely) and told her kids the will be doing the courtship thing too. She also thinks she messed up using birthcontrol and not just letting god decide her family size.

Hi! New here, but long time lurker on the TWOP board. I just wanted to say that I fully believe that Jill is capable of spanking and otherwise punishing her kids..I mean her siblings. She is a die hard rule follower and I think that she probably believes everything her parents and Gothard tell her to. In the special where they went to Ireland, and specifically when they were about to make bread at the Irish Farm, Jill was holding Michael? or some other small child and there was a boy behind her (perhaps Jed or one of the similarly aged howlers) who was making faces at the baby and she swatted at him to get him to stop. It was quick, but I watched it back several times and she was definitely annoyed and on the verge of pissed with that boy and let him know.

It happens real fast. It starts at 1:33. One of the little boys is playing a hiding game with Josie while Jill is holding her. The smack happens around 1:37.

I6Y3q3CNQ4I

edited for spacing.

If you're talking about "Duggars, Doctors, Discipline," it's Jinger who puts the kids down for a nap and has to get Johannah to cooperate.

I don't see any of the J'slaves spanking, myself. I have the feeling that JB and the J'uterus don't let them spank, but do everything else. If a kid "needs" a spanking, they go to JB or the J'uterus.

What pissed me off about that episode? It was Jinger putting the kids down for a nap (and Jessa, I think) but JB was playing on the fucking computer. Put your own damn kids down for a nap, asshole.

JB is useless with the kids. It amazes me that someone who claims to be such an involved dad seems totally unable to care for his children and quite proud of it, yet we have seen it acted out in many episodes.

I get the feeling it is Michelle who does all discipline in the Duggar house. JB is a big kid who wants to be friends with all his kids. Look at the basketball court and the playroom - is that really for his kids or is it so he has somewhere to play with his kids. (Not that I am against parents playing with their kids but there is a difference between an adult playing with a child and a forty year old child and a ten year old child playing as equals.) I am sure Michelle does hit her child. I am curious why she denies it. My fundy relatives are all quite proud of hitting their children and criticise me endlessly for not hitting mine.

I am sure Michelle does hit her child. I am curious why she denies it. My fundy relatives are all quite proud of hitting their children and criticise me endlessly for not hitting mine.

This is a Pearl thing, They don't "hit" they "spank" and they don't use their "hand" they use they use a "switch." Not sure why they think that sounds better...

It happens real fast. It starts at 1:33. One of the little boys is playing a hiding game with Josie while Jill is holding her. The smack happens around 1:37.

I6Y3q3CNQ4I

edited for spacing.

I saw it, not sure what Duggar girl was holding the toddler. BUT NO PARENTS WHERE HOLDING ANYTHING... typical. No strollers, all J'slaves at work.

What amazes me is that she smacks a kid and never loses her big fake smile. Impressive AND creepy. A future Michelle there!

Archived