IGNORED

kendal is a pioneer, y'all.

contrary

totes. she is unafraid of man. she is a christian paragon. she will speak the unpopular truth because SHE AND HER HUSBAND SEE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD!

I'll just end with this direct quote from Kendal:

Even the children have their roll.

sigh. if i'd known this pioneering for his glory involved baked goods, i woulda jumped on board AGES ago.

Furthermore:

Satan uses the world to create political correctness to reverse all the rolls.

I should tell my spouse that the next time he tries to swipe a piece of croissant from me. It's Satan making him steal my roll!!

Also, what is the big deal with "political correctness"? In my reading, that which fundies/conservatives malign as "political correctness" to me are things that are just basic good manners and respect for other people. So when I see "My husband would rather eat nails than say or do anything that sounds politically correct," I read, "My husband would rather eat nails than try not to be a totally racist, homophobic, d-bag." That's not exactly admirable to me.

To each her or his own, I guess.

totes. she is unafraid of man. she is a christian paragon. she will speak the unpopular truth because SHE AND HER HUSBAND SEE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD!

I'll just end with this direct quote from Kendal:

sigh. if i'd known this pioneering for his glory involved baked goods, i woulda jumped on board AGES ago.

I just read that and was coming here to post! It looks like she turned off comments after the "manners" post. They really think a lot of themselves, don't they? What they don't realize is that they're not doing anything all that revolutionary. They're doing what all the other fundie mommy bloggers are doing. And the way she talks about her husband--yeesh! If I had to spend more than a couple minutes around that blowhard, I'd smack him! He sounds like a real jackass. I wonder if he goes on and on about all his "pioneering" at his job (does he work for someone or is he self-employed?)? So many questions.

Now I feel like having a cinnamon roll with my coffee.

Also, what is the big deal with "political correctness"? In my reading, that which fundies/conservatives malign as "political correctness" to me are things that are just basic good manners and respect for other people. So when I see "My husband would rather eat nails than say or do anything that sounds politically correct," I read, "My husband would rather eat nails than try not to be a totally racist, homophobic, d-bag." That's not exactly admirable to me.

I never got fundies' obsession with "political correctness" either. Here's the definition of political correctness I found:

The avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult certain groups of people.

Now it all makes sense! Who can exclude, marginalize and insult better than Kendal and those like her?

Genius, MonkeyMama!

I am a greatt baker. Does this mean that

A) I am a pioneer

B) Jesus loves me more than you

Ladybug also has her wholegrain rolls; she has such a heart for baked goods, bless her heart.

This. Political correctness is about being inclusive and not hurting feelings. Oh, the horror. Sometimes it gets a little crazy, but the spirit of the concept is a good one.

When someone says they hate political correctness, it means they want minorities to feel bad. Period. I can handle people who use incorrect terms accidentally--I've done it--but why would you hurt someone on purpose?

Those fundies, they are so "nice". :doh:

Political Correctness

Noun:

The avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult certain groups of people.

Kendal has edited the post by the way, her kids now have a 'role' in things rather than something sweet and perhaps creamy... :lol:

She writes that 'God can't effectively use a fraction.' Shame she didn't tell that to La Botkinettes before they put fractions all over the cover of their new book....

I'll refrain from adding this blog to my must-read folder. She has too many one-sentence entries where her faux signature takes up more space than the actual content.

Political Correctness

Noun:

Kendal has edited the post by the way, her kids now have a 'role' in things rather than something sweet and perhaps creamy... :lol:

Oh, boo, Kendal, you're spoiling our fun. SHe must read here, or have someone who reports back.

I was raised in a Jewish household.

When I was a child I was told I had bagel in making the world a better place. :)

One week out of the year, I was expected to fufill my matza instead. ;)

The idea of scorning political correctness goes way beyond fundies, sadly, and it always baffles me.

I also have always described it as just being polite, kind and socially acceptable. If your parents raised you only to be polite to certain people, you just need to extend it to all. That's it.

Ya'all got it wrong, Kendal has defined political correctness for us mere mortals:

Definition:conforming to a belief that language and practices which could offend political sensibilities should be eliminated.

Political correctness, in essence, is fear of man. At least that's the root. Our speech and actions are led by fear of man rather than fear of God.

Also, apparently periods must be pc

Our marriage will look different from the world, my husband's role as a father will look different, my role as a wife and mother will look different, we will discipline and parent different from the world, we will school our children different from the world, we will train our daughters (very) different from the world, we will train our son different from the world, our children will speak and act differently from the world...

Kendal is not a pioneer. She's not coming up with anything new or blazing new trails she's just piecing together things she's read by people who have gone before her. She would have had to started "her" way of doing things over years ago to be considered one of the pioneers of the current homeschool/sheltering/courtship movement. There are already third generation followers of that brand now as the pioneers become grandparents.

Sorry, Kendal, you're not a speshul snowflake.

Kendal is not a pioneer. She's not coming up with anything new or blazing new trails she's just piecing together things she's read by people who have gone before her. She would have had to started "her" way of doing things over years ago to be considered one of the pioneers of the current homeschool/sheltering/courtship movement. There are already third generation followers of that brand now as the pioneers become grandparents.

Sorry, Kendal, you're not a speshul snowflake.

She reminds me of Lina in that way.

Archived