IGNORED

Does this mean she beats them? Generation Cedar

aggythenostic

I had the odd feeling reading this last Generation Cedar post that Kelly was admitting that she used capital punishment! But you know, they totally need it. They must keep IN LINE. God says!

generationcedar.com/main/2011/11/the-kingdom-choice-of-raising-children.html

Mothers, you must govern your home well. It is the cruelest act of motherhood that you should neglect to teach your children to obey the loving authority over them. For in doing so, you make them unable to submit to God.

Children who have not learned self-government stand to be the most wretched of all men and women, loathing you for your indulgences.

But don’t you see, it isn’t harsh! It wells up from the deepest love, the deepest desire to see our children walking in truth and evokes sheer delight to walk beside them.

When I see my children through Kingdom-eyes, their vices aren’t irritations that bug me and cause me to be angry; they are offenses that sober me and call me to the tireless and tender action of praying for, teaching and tending the garden of their souls.

My children are the very happiest when I have loved them enough to require gratitude, obedience and honor. Their little faces light up into mine when they sense my tenderest sincerity toward their character.

I'm suspicious.

Guest Anonymous
I had the odd feeling reading this last Generation Cedar post that Kelly was admitting that she used capital punishment!

I despise Kelly, but I'm pretty sure she isn't subjecting her kids to the death penalty. :P

Unless of course you're talking about their wills, individuality, and spirits. :(

These two statements seem contradictory.

It is the cruelest act of motherhood that you should neglect to teach your children to obey the loving authority over them. For in doing so, you make them unable to submit to God.

Children who have not learned self-government stand to be the most wretched of all men and women.

I had the odd feeling reading this last Generation Cedar post that Kelly was admitting that she used capital punishment! But you know, they totally need it. They must keep IN LINE. God says!

I'm suspicious.

I sincerely hope you mean corporal punishment, not capital! And yes, I think it sounds suspicious too.

When I see my children through Kingdom-eyes, their vices aren’t irritations that bug me and cause me to be angry; they are offenses that sober me and call me to the tireless and tender action of praying for, teaching and tending the garden of their souls.

But when she sees her children through her regular eyes, she hates them.

I'm suspicious.

I think you mean corporal punisment. Though it would be funny if it really was capital punishment....

I remember her saying on her blog that she could not discuss corporal punishement. I think that's pretty much as good an admission as there can be. If she was not spanking/hitting whatever you call it her kids she would not have to say she can't talk about it...

I assume all these people beat their kids unless proven otherwise.

To steal a line from another thread: "Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, fundies gotta beat their kids." :(

Their little faces light up into mine when they sense my tenderest sincerity toward their character.

No human being has any reason to write this sentence while in full possession of their faculties. It's an absurd, meaningless, and sinister thing to say. Children can't always spot 'tenderest sincerity', but I've never met a child who was unable to tell when someone was beating them.

It would also be par for the course if she beat them and then said "This was all done in love, and I want you to understand that, so I'm not going to let you go until I can see that you sense my sincerity towards your character". Then she waits until the poor child can summon the willpower to make a convincing pretence of smiling. There are plenty of fundies who believe that it justifies the beating if you can force the child to forgive you for it.

Nothing to be suspicious of. She's pretty much out and out admitted it in the past. Yet another fundie cow that beats their kids...no surprise there.

Honestly, I can't tell what that's supposed to mean. It sounds like somebody put a bunch of less-than-awesome Shakespeare quotes in a blender and that's what came out.

Honestly, I can't tell what that's supposed to mean. It sounds like somebody put a bunch of less-than-awesome Shakespeare quotes in a blender and that's what came out.

Heheh. All that repackaged public domain literature from the VF catalog has addled her mind.

Hahaha! I was gonna snark on that 'tenderest sincerity' bit too. The whole thing was ridiculously flowery, but that last bit... *shakes head*

I remember her saying on her blog that she could not discuss corporal punishement. I think that's pretty much as good an admission as there can be. If she was not spanking/hitting whatever you call it her kids she would not have to say she can't talk about it...

Yes I read that too. Also in her book Teaching Children to Obey (which more or less sounds like a copy of TTUAC) she talks about how important it is to discipline a child:

"I am a firm believer that a spanking is the best method of discipline for

younger children. There is something miraculous about the “sting†of a switch applied

consistently and firmly.

Btw. Shirley MacLaine has bought Kelly's book, so she knows better what's written there.

I think you mean corporal punishment?! I sure as hell hope so, because capital punishment is death. I know Kelly is awful, but...

Those quotes from her book sound almost identical to To Train Up A Child. Way to think for yourself, dumbass.

A parent using capital punishment would go to jail. I think you meant corporal punishment. At least I hope so!! :geek:

I am a mother of three, and I say that "house proofing a baby" is the stupidest thing I've read today. I bet Kelly won't even cover her electrical outlets. Some things are safety and common sense, because if your baby follows his/her natural curiosity, you won't get a second chance to "house proof" them.

I am a mother of three, and I say that "house proofing a baby" is the stupidest thing I've read today.

I guess baby proofing the house would be too time-consuming for Kelly. :roll:

like everyone has corrected the capital punishment thing by now, even the OP

It's because most of us read a post, then reply before reading the entire thread.

Is "tenderest" even a word? I would have said somthing to the effect of ".... in my most tender...".

Archived