IGNORED

Meredith Ivy

bionicmlle

Anyone see Meredith's comment on Jasmine's latest blog post?

What a great post, Jasmine. What you wrote is so true... As I approach my one year anniversary and now even have an adorable six week old baby girl, I would definitely say that I love being a wife and mama even more than I thought I would, but I do sometimes miss the sweet life I had just one year ago. Treasure the precious years with your parents and siblings! They will be over before you know it and your day to day life with your family will become a priceless memory.

allshehastosay.blogspot.com/2011/10/what-if-love.html#comments

(FYI - So sorry if this is repost but I searched and didn't find anything on search of our site)

Reading through the lines of Jasmines post makes me think that she doesn't feel that comfortable with her situation. I think that's what she is trying to make herself believe. Poor girl.

BTW: I hated it when she said "The fair I might lose valuable chilbearing years." That sentence shows in a great way the only purpose for women in this cult - to be brood mares!

I don't think it's so much that she feels uncomfortable with her current situation, but rather that she is now an adult with adult responsibilities. I was on my own at 18/19, although I knew my parents were available to help I wanted to be able to spread my wings. As a typical 18/19, I struggled with bill, finances, and the responsibility of being on my own. I think that's what Meredith is referring to--the simple security of living with your parents. It's just a simpler time, or at least it was for me.

I don't want to ever live with my parents again as I like being a grown up, but I do think I understand what she means.

It's just too bad all the fundie nonsense is attached to it. Meredith had a lot more freedom than most of the fundies we snark on--she had the cheesecake and land clearing thing to earn money, dressed modern, and even wore pants. Her homelife seemed a lot more normal than the others we read about and snark on. Unfortunately, the misguided belief system and ideals are still in place.

Sunny I think Ophelia meant jasmine isn't that comfortable with her situation.

Opps, that's what I get for trying to read and post after taking benadryl and melatonin.

Archived