IGNORED

What megachurch did the Duggars say they were part of in AR?

luv2laugh

On tonight's show, they mentioned that before they started "home-churching" with other families, that they belonged to a mega-church in Arkansas. Anyone know what church they were part of? Also-- I found it interesting that Michelle finally admitted to them being Baptists.

Sorry about that. Thank you for telling me.

No need to apologize. Just thought I'd correct this because I was confused as to when the Duggars were in Alaska :lol:

Didn't Boob say it was the biggest one in Arkansas.

I think he said it was the biggest in the area, but as usual, another non-answer. Lied about the setup of the homechurch as well; they bought a house expressly for that stated purpose before buying the shack they cleaned out last winter. They claimed that the place (the "airport house") was more centrally located for the "members" of the homechurch. So that was a lie all along to cover for the fact that the house was bought for Jana to lure a local guy off his reservation to keep her close at hand for the dog and pony show appearances. The dump house would be JD's fixer-upper for Miss Hackel, likely the "other announcement" they said they had, which appears to not be important enough to merit a formal announcement. Guess we'll have to wait until January to find out for sure. Of course now he can't get married until J'uterus has J20 pulled from her guts. Poor guy wants to get laid (who doesn't when they're 21?), but his mother put that on hold for now. I'd be pissed if I had to constantly put my life on hold for a narcissist like his mother.

This is probably the right place: http://crosschurch.com/springdale/

It says on the web page that this is the home of Shiloh Christian School, Jim Bob's alma mater. It is Southern Baptist, not Independent Fundamental Baptist, which equals too liberal for the Duggars. You can see that from the photos-- there's a guy playing the electric guitar, some ladies with short hair, and a group of children which includes little girls wearing tops (or dresses) with spaghetti straps.

Looks like a nice church, actually.

Was is the church that they renewed their vows in prior to Josie's birth? I know they said they went to that one before the kids were born...

It seems that the Cross Church used to be known as First Baptist Church of Springdale.

That church is too liberal for the Duggars. They probably left because they didn't want the kids hanging with youth pastors or being influenced by adults or children who are less conservative than them.

I would totally argue that Cross Church isn't the largest church in Arkansas... I am almost sure Fellowship Bible Church in Little Rock (with spin offs in Cabot, Conway and Benton now) is now bigger.

Fun, slightly off topic fact - FBC was Kris Allen of American Idol fame's church before he got all famous.

Doesn't operating a church at home have some benefits that Boob would enjoy-like not having to pay taxes on that big house and 20 acres?

Doesn't operating a church at home have some benefits that Boob would enjoy-like not having to pay taxes on that big house and 20 acres?

I'm not sure about taxes and home churching. It has been speculated and discussed by many people online about Boob declaring the house as a ministry. I don't think there has ever been any proof about it.

I also wonder if an ordained minister leads the Duggars and the other homechurchers.

That whole segment was another example of how TLC covers up the Duggars' extremist beliefs. Notice how Jim Bob referred to both the original family church and the home church as Baptist when they aren't the same at all. But the casual viewer will hear the name "Baptist" and think, "Oh, the Duggars can't be part of a cult. They're Baptists." A lot of the people watching the show are probably Southern, American, or Missionary Baptists themselves; they'll assume the Duggars belong to one of the stricter sub-denominations.

Archived