IGNORED

Duggars have a special announcement!/Number 20 merged

Ralar

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

I know very little about adoption but would an agency really let a family like the Duggars adopt a child? They have so many kids already. I know they have money and a nice house..etc but I really hope they aren't announcing an adoption. Please no more "blessings"!!

I imagine either Uncle Jim Bob or TLC has put a gag on Amy since the gun pic drama.

According to facebook, Amy is currently in nashville doing something exiting that she"can't wait to tell everyone about. " they wouldn't announce something amy-related on the today show right? (pleasenopleasenopleaseno)

Wasn't Josh's kid just born back in June? That's fast to get knocked up and be far enough along to announce it on TV.

I'm glad that I'm not in the Eastern time zone. I won't have to watch the show, I'll just click on this board tomorrow morning, and find out what the announcement was all about!

Wasn't Josh's kid just born back in June? That's fast to get knocked up and be far enough along to announce it on TV.

I'm glad that I'm not in the Eastern time zone. I won't have to watch the show, I'll just click on this board tomorrow morning, and find out what the announcement was all about!

Well they did announce pretty quickly with Mackynzie and again with Michael. I remember they announced Michael's pregnancy (haha that sounds funneee) right around this time last year and they found out on Mackynzie's birthday they were expecting him, so she must've been about 6 weeks along.

I'm hoping for a courtship/engagement announcement.

These people do NOT need another baby...the ones they already have are suffering enough. Between poor little Josie and that baby that always wanders around alone, they just DO NOT need another one.

I know very little about adoption but would an agency really let a family like the Duggars adopt a child? They have so many kids already. I know they have money and a nice house..etc but I really hope they aren't announcing an adoption. Please no more "blessings"!!

I also don't know a lot about adoption so I hope someone with more experience will weigh in. Other QF/fundie families have been able to successfully adopt, though I don't know of any with as many children as the Duggars. But there are ways it could happen. If a pregnant woman chose to adopt her baby to the Duggars, I'm pretty sure there would be no way to stop it from going through. There also may be fundie Christian agencies that would seek out families like the Duggars, especially for international adoption. I'm sure there must be (I really hope) some universal standards for adoption agencies, but I think private ones have a lot of leeway in deciding who to adopt to. Since the Duggars don't have any criminal backgrounds, I think a private agency would be able to adopt to them if they chose to.

When was the last time one of their big announcements was something actually interesting? They're probably just getting a dog or something.

+1. I don't think it's something big and I also hope it isn't something big.

If it's Baby #20 or #3, I call dibs on a "Guess the Name" thread! :dance:

Why wait? This thread should be full of fun.

For number 20, I think they'll desperately hope for a girl to have an even split, and will name her Jasmine. If it's a boy, they'll go with Johannes just to let him know that he doesn't quite fit in.

For number 3, They will definitely go with Mac or Mc something for a girl, maybe McKayla. For a boy, it will be Matthew or Mark. For twin girls, it will be Mary and Marie (Maria would be too Catholic for them).

Why wait? This thread should be full of fun.

For number 20, I think they'll desperately hope for a girl to have an even split, and will name her Jasmine. If it's a boy, they'll go with Johannes just to let him know that he doesn't quite fit in.

If it's a girl, I hope that they finally go with Julie this time.

I have one internationally-adopted daughter, so I am by no means an expert, especially about domestic adoption, but I'm fairly confident that if someone wanted the Duggars specifically to adopt their baby, all they'd need is a lawyer. Not sure if a homestudy would be required, but they'd certainly pass in terms of adequate space and income. The rest of the insanity, well, I would hope no social worker would agree to. The last I heard they wouldn't be "allowed" or encouraged to adopt because of the whole passing down the sin thing. Ridiculous.

My money's on a JD engagement, simply because he's 22 soon and I can't imagine he'll be able to take much more of sharing a bedroom with so many teen and pre-teen J-howlers. And he must be dying to lose his virginity by now.

Could be an adoption. Could be a highly irresponsible pregnancy, although if the DQ is pregnant they almost certainly had some assistance of the non-divine variety.

Whatever it is, it's likely a desperate attempt to keep the dying show alive for another season or two.

My money's on a JD engagement, simply because he's 22 soon and I can't imagine he'll be able to take much more of sharing a bedroom with so many teen and pre-teen J-howlers. And he must be dying to lose his virginity by now.

Could be an adoption. Could be a highly irresponsible pregnancy, although if the DQ is pregnant they almost certainly had some assistance of the non-divine variety.

Whatever it is, it's likely a desperate attempt to keep the dying show alive for another season or two.

Yup, mine as well. If it's an engagement, it'll be JD or Jana (especially since people were speculating about a possible engagement ring not too long ago), I bet. If I had to choose, I'm going to go with JD. Who knows, though, right? I could be completely wrong.

Baby 20. Maybe #3 for Smuggar. Nothing else makes sense as national news.

And I hope it's 20 for my own selfish OCD reason: I hate prime numbers.

That said, I really wouldn't be surprised to see an engagement this season. I just don't think it would make the Today Show. Most people don't keep up with them as well as we do.

Out of curiosity, what did the teaser say? I'm one of those heathen women who works outside the home.

Also, I don't believe that they announced Josh's engagement on national TV...it was just one of those VSEs, right? God, I hope it's not #20, but I fear it is.

Nah, after two episodes in NYC, "Duggar Dating Rules" was the 3rd episode once they went to the weekly show format. However, the WEDDING was a VSE.

Ironically, I saw the J&A pillow when Anna was dressing Michael on their bed during last week's episode. It was upside down! So much for Anna's housekeeping skillz; you'd think she'd have the bed camera-ready, especially since she knows TLC is coming to film them.

Someone on TWOP suggested Jar-Jar if there is a J20. I reminded the poster that they wouldn't have a clue about the origin of the name.

Nah, after two episodes in NYC, "Duggar Dating Rules" was the 3rd episode once they went to the weekly show format. However, the WEDDING was a VSE.

Yeah, sorry, that was my bad for being unclear. I just meant that the engagement didn't merit a Today Show announcement.

I'm thinking #20, since I just have a bad feeling about this. The Duggars known for one thing...babymaking. And for some reason, I'm thinking it's not Anna. Maybe because of the (relatively normal) spacing between the first two.

If it's #20, I'll say Jade or Julie for a girl and Jacob for a boy. Shit, I'm very surprised they haven't already named a kid Jacob.

If it's #3 (unlikely), I'll say McKayla for a girl, Matthew for a boy.

My guess for names if it Duggar kid #20-Jeffrey for a boy, Jolene for a girl

My guess for names if J&A baby #3 -Matthew for a boy, Mary for a girl

Ooooh Anna Hackel's blog has been removed (ajoyfulheart92.blogspot.com) or at least I can't access it. Maybe she's been told by Boob to not have an internet presence so she can't give anything away?

Archived