IGNORED

Duggars have a special announcement!/Number 20 merged

Ralar

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First thing I thought when I saw the crawler (how dare they sully the wonderfulness that is "Fabulous Wedding Cakes") is an engagement, leading to a VSE wedding shown in Feb. for sweeps month, right before the new season starts. Ho-hum.

I imagine they would go on Today to announce the end of the show, and that they would say it was all their idea. Meanwhile, they would be in the closet every day praying that people beg TLC to put them back on air.

While ending the show would be the best news, Kate didn't get a Today slot when that show ended and Kate's show got higher ratings.

Let's see---

-I don't think one of the Duggar girls is engaged; they rely too heavily on their older ones right now with helping out around the house and with raising the younger ones. I'm sure JB would use God as his reasons behind denying courtships.

-Michelle has said she wants baby #20 after Josie was born. We know they've been trying so there is a possibility that it's baby #20. If it is, be prepared for back lashes from the media and critics.

-More likely--John David engaged. That girl, Anna or Anne Hackel, has been seen hanging around with them quite a bit. I highly doubt she's a CollegeMinus! coach to one of the girls as some have believed she might be.

I will be shocked if they announce Jana is engaged. If that's the case, I shall celebrate with a glass of wine for her new found freedom.

I don't think they will make any big announcement of the end of their show. Something tells me it's #20. I really hope I'm wrong! :angry-cussing: I'll be hoping for a courtship.

I hope it IS #20, simply so the remaining fans who think the Duggars are all sweetness and light will be forced to acknowledge that having a 20th kid when you barely acknowledge the other 19 is misguided and irresponsible at best, not to mention the issues Michelle had with Josie, and Josie's own issues.

Is this going to be one of those "Live from Arkansas" video feeds where half of the kids are asleep, and they are all forcing themselves to smile?

I hope it IS #20, simply so the remaining fans who think the Duggars are all sweetness and light will be forced to acknowledge that having a 20th kid when you barely acknowledge the other 19 is misguided and irresponsible at best, not to mention the issues Michelle had with Josie, and Josie's own issues.

Is this going to be one of those "Live from Arkansas" video feeds where half of the kids are asleep, and they are all forcing themselves to smile?

I think it will probably be a Live from Arkansas thing, so we might see Anna holding Micheal and maybe Josh will be holding Mack.

If it is number 20, I think maybe some Duggars would acknowledge that having 20 kids is misgudied and irresponsible especially after the previous birth was a preemie birth.

Tomorrow if it is announced that 20 is on the way, tons of anti-Duggar viewers will flood some sites with comments and of course Duggar fans will be defending them as much as they can.

Doing a search on for previous Duggar announcements turns up baby announcements. I doubt it would be a tv news if Smuggar was expecting his third.

It's got to be #20, as horrific as that sounds. Remember how we were talking a while back about how boring their show is now, and how they'd have to pop out another one in order to keep the money coming in from TLC?

I'm just hoping to boost their ratings, they will probably couple that with a co-announcement that they're going to end the show after #20, and just stick with specials after that.

That way they get one big last closing season. I doubt it's an engagement--that wouldn't be TV announcement-worthy. That would be something they would put out on their blog or something instead.

It won't happen :( Michelle can do no wrong in those fans eyes. You point out that these people make good money having a show, but they still point out they don't need it, didn't need it before (with 5 less kids mind you), they thrift they are debt free, roses and kittens fall out their behinds. These damn people worship at their flip flopped feet (the Duggar Girl's would be used as a protective shield for Michelle and Boob, from rabid fans). Fans will spin this and still believe, that people who drive a $200,000+ bus and travel and live pretty swell, could do it on a few rental properties and smart shopping, with a fuck ton of kids.

Even if they get another experience like Josie, many fans will still see them as swell. But I would hope many on the fence about them, would go Octomom on her and turn away in disgust, but I suspect a sick twist of fans staying tuned, as much as they would hate to say it, to see another premie, to pay her back, or worse. I don't want them to getany more ratings or attention they need to go away. They need to vanish, so stupid people stop trying to emulate them.

Here's to the hope the announcent is a Sayonra to the show!

I think it will be something boring like they're doing another vow renewal, going on some missions trip, or Josie passed some medical milestone.

If Michelle were pregnant again, TLC and the family would take a lot of heat. I think the network would downplay it pretty fast and not advertise. I don't think Anna could be pregnant again, at least not far enough along that they would announce it. And I don't think any of those girls will ever get married. I think they're just trying to hype up something mundane and make it seem extra exciting.

There are some announcements that would be interesting, but nothing I would expect to hear. Just for fun, it might be:

1) Jill or Jana is being a surrogate mother so their parents can have more blessings.

2) One of the girls is pregnant, but since children are unmitigated blessings, they're all overjoyed even though she's unmarried.

3) God has laid it upon their hearts to multiply their love enough for Jim Bob to get a second wife, and she's pregnant...with triplets.

4) Jim Bob decided to have a vasectomy and just be satisfied with the kids he already has.

5) The Duggars have decided to donate all their money to a secular charity.

6) One of the kids "came out" as a liberal atheist, but they are accepting of that child.

Any of those things would be more interesting than whatever they're announcing for real.

My money is on an engagement or # 20. If it's an engagement, I bet it's JD. Remember when we were speculating about the house they were fixing up a few months ago? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

My bet is it is announcing their upcoming episode about their trip. We have had non-announcements coming from them before. I guess I'd prefer a courtship (actually I'd prefer a couple of the young adults to move out, go to brick and motor schools, and date a little, but who am I kidding?) to #20. It could be a #3 for Josh and Anna, but I hope not yet.

Am I the only 1 that's hoping for #20? Sorry, I'm a little OCD about even numbers. :pray:

I know what you mean, there's something not right about the number 19 I think!

Goobster, now you mention it a JD-Anna Hackel courtship is a big possibility that we all overlooked. Though I just don't see JD as enough of a famewhore to want to announce it on TV; he always stays in the background.

Baby 20 is sounding more and more likely, it's the only thing Today would care about.

I'm worried that it is an announcement that Anna is pregnant again. Michael is 5 months old, its possible.

I don't think it's a courtship because that not really big enough news for a Today show appearance. My money is on an engagement, and since they can't lose a J-Slave, I'm betting on John-David.

When Josh got engaged, they had done a few specials but they didn't have the series yet, so his engagement wasn't really big news.

I would love it if they were announcing that Jana is already married and that her she and her husband decided that they enjoy privacy and didn't want the wedding turned into TLC Circus. Then, (in my dream world) we would discover that her new husband is fundy-light (just fundy enough to be approved by boob so she can still see her siblings) and that he is encouraging her to go to real college before popping out a reasonable number of children.

Have the Duggars ever announced anything other than a new baby on the show? I'm guessing they will be there to announce number 20 and number 21. I think they'll be having twins this time. Imagine the ratings!!!

Archived