IGNORED

God bought Miss Raquel a horse.

formergothardite

2) In her "you need Jesus" section she says this: "Jesus was crucified and all of men’s sin was put on Him. God could not look at sin, and when He saw that His own Son was covered in it, He poured out all His wrath onto Him. BUT…God had ordained this." What the fucking fuck? How does she not realize how stupid this sounds? Is this a normal fundie belief??

Beeks, this is what I was taught, Jesus had all of the worlds sins on him, that is how people get to heaven and he suffered Gods punishment and spent the 3 days that he was dead in hell.

It's massive over kill if you ask me.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

17 I think. The girl is so obsessed with getting married it is sad. She has some totally unrealistic expectations for love and marriage. Kissing her husband in all sorts of places is just the start. She also expects him to pull her out into the rain to dance.

Really? Wow! I'm her age and I never would have guessed that. Based on her writing, she sounds like an 11 year old. I by no means am an expert on marriage, but even I know it's not what she perceives it to be and that her views on it are completely unrealistic. She seems very snobby as well. I'd like to have a conversation with her and see how it goes.

Really? Wow! I'm her age and I never would have guessed that. Based on her writing, she sounds like an 11 year old. I by no means am an expert on marriage, but even I know it's not what she perceives it to be and that her views on it are completely unrealistic. She seems very snobby as well. I'd like to have a conversation with her and see how it goes.

SIlly-billy-goo-goo, do you know maidens who wait for prince 'charming' to fall into their laps have perfectly wonderful, happily ever after marriages because they aren't one of those harlots giving away pieces of their hearts.

It's a gelding, isn't it? What happens when it needs its sheath cleaned?

She'll need to watch this how to video:

She'll need to watch this how to video:

She'll be defrauded, then no man will want her.

I did laugh when he kept reiterating that you don't just "reach up there and grab it". Maybe it's just those of us with common sense, but it seem rather stupid to grab any male of any species there without warning.

She'll be defrauded, then no man will want her.

I did laugh when he kept reiterating that you don't just "reach up there and grab it". Maybe it's just those of us with common sense, but it seem rather stupid to grab any male of any species there without warning.

well lots of males would not mind (G) but does she even know what equipment a male has? I just can't imagine a fundy girl not raised on a farm doing this.

well lots of males would not mind (G) but does she even know what equipment a male has? I just can't imagine a fundy girl not raised on a farm doing this.

I can't even imagine a fundy girl raised on a farm doing it. That seems like the sort of think that would be on the men's list.

I saw Raquel's horse post and wondered is someone would mention her silliness.

I feel the same about God as more hands off and I don't get these types of Christians. I believe in God, but have I never really get anything my heart desires. I dislike the attitude that people think they are more deserving because of their specific beliefs. You are not better because you were homeschooled/are homeschooling, because you wear long dresses/skirts and not pants, because you submit to your husband, because you eat organic food, because you deny evolution, because you don't participate in halloween, because you believe you are following the Bible correctly, etc. When I hear these things like that, I cringe. This people keep forgetting the words of Jesus. You know, the parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector? The one where is says to not be self-righteous? These people always miss that parable for some reason. Raquel is a teenager and a rather immature one at that. Time will hopefully give her a dose of humility.

This. Their attitude always strikes me as well, pharisaic, exactly the sort of legalism Jesus went against. And I don't get either the idea that God would hand off people things like horses or cameras, it sounds so shallow, and even if God does exist I can't imagine him orchestrating every tiny detail of someone's life.

Fundies also tend to forget the kindness or help of the actual people involved in getting them what they wanted or needed.

She's 17 and so massively un-self-aware that she doesn't realize how it makes her look when she says that God bought her a horse. She is so ignorant of horses that she doesn't realize that not having the money to buy it means not having the money to feed it, doctor it, and keep it in trim. So the chances that the poor thing will ever get its sheath cleaned . . .

If you're lurking here, kiddo: Horses poop. Copiously. Daily. Often in the place where they expect to be able to sleep--so somebody has to clean it up, daily. They pee all over the place, ditto. Geldings get gunky buildup in their sheaths, which is the outer casing of a horse's penis, which has to be cleaned by hand. Yes, that means you have to either do it or make sure that someone else does. Your horse, your responsibility. (If you didn't know, a penis is a male sexual organ.)

I can't even imagine a fundy girl raised on a farm doing it. That seems like the sort of think that would be on the men's list.

if you live on a farm with animals you learn about sex. it can't really be hidden so it might happen. But can you see a fundy man in this day and age doing it? they would be afraid it would make them gay.

Somewhere over at fuglyblog there is a detailed questionnaire for prospective first-time horse owners. I can't find it, but IIRC it contains questions like this:

How often does a horse need its teeth floated? What happens if they are not floated?

Who is your local farrier? What does he/she charge? How often will you need him/her to visit, considering what you plan to do with your horse?

Who is your local large animal vet? What does he/she charge for a visit (base cost)? Will he/she visit the place where you keep your horse? Does he/she make emergency calls? Have you confirmed this? Who will be the backup vet if an emergency arises while this vet is away? Have you confirmed this?

What are the causes and signs of colic? How do you prevent this condition?

What are the causes and signs of foundering? How do you prevent this condition?

What does a well-muscled, well-fleshed horse that is free of worms look like? Compare and contrast with a skinny horse, an obese horse, a flabby horse, and a wormy horse.

What equine parasites and diseases are common in your area and how are they prevented?

Describe three ways to convince a horse to come to you without chasing it.

Describe the signs that a horse considers itself the dominant partner in your relationship. Describe three ways to stop a horse from attempting to exercise dominance over you.

Describe the signs of tension in a horse. Explain how to deal with them. What do you do if you are riding a horse that panics? What do you do if you are leading a horse that panics?

Describe the signs that a horse is in pain.

Describe the signs that a horse's tack does not fit.

What is thrush?

Do you have a book that explains these things? Which book?

Do you have an experienced horse owner friend, trainer, or relative? Are his/her horses healthy and well behaved?

if you live on a farm with animals you learn about sex. it can't really be hidden so it might happen. But can you see a fundy man in this day and age doing it? they would be afraid it would make them gay.

I can see a fundy man being allowed to clean a geldings sheath, I can't see a fundy woman being permitted near a penis that is not either her baby brother's, husband's, or son's. These are the kind of people who think touching hands before marriage is a kin to a full on make out session with heavy petting... Besides, she's supposed to do the inside the house chores while the men do the outside the house chores.

She's 17 and so massively un-self-aware that she doesn't realize how it makes her look when she says that God bought her a horse. She is so ignorant of horses that she doesn't realize that not having the money to buy it means not having the money to feed it, doctor it, and keep it in trim. So the chances that the poor thing will ever get its sheath cleaned . . .

If you're lurking here, kiddo: Horses poop. Copiously. Daily. Often in the place where they expect to be able to sleep--so somebody has to clean it up, daily. They pee all over the place, ditto. Geldings get gunky buildup in their sheaths, which is the outer casing of a horse's penis, which has to be cleaned by hand. Yes, that means you have to either do it or make sure that someone else does. Your horse, your responsibility. (If you didn't know, a penis is a male sexual organ.)

All that work is really going to cut into her taking pictures of herself time. Either it won't get done and the horse will live in neglect, she realizes how hard it is and gets daddy to get rid of it, or she grows up, takes responsibility and cares for the horse. I'm afraid it will be the first.

My bucket list:

~make tea

~ comb hair

~get dressed.

I might be able to get all these things done before I die!

It's a gelding, isn't it? What happens when it needs its sheath cleaned?

LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait til he is standing around with his weenie hanging out, resting. DEFRAUDING!!!!!!!

Archived