IGNORED

God bought Miss Raquel a horse.

formergothardite

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's hilarious and typical of Miss Raquel to have *herself* in seven of the pictures of her new horse.

Well, this is the humble maiden that manages to cram her charity blog so full of self-pictures that it is hard to figure out what exactly her charity is. :naughty:

I do realize she is a teen and a lot of her behaviour is typical of teens, but I think the fundie requirement to stick God into everything makes her actions more grating. A normal teen could post a gazillion pictures of their clothes and it would just be that, but she has to make it all about how modest and godly she is when she does it. It can't just be a blog about herself, she has to try and wrap it up as how she is more special than normal teens in her devotion to God. She isn't just a teen with a blog, she is God's daughter!. A normal teen would just get a horse, but with her, God buys it for her.

I wonder if God will change the horseshoes, shovel maneur, and help her with horse maintenance too! (I hope so, for that poor horse's sake).

Oh wow...she is in for awakening.

We had horses when I was a kid and the second horse we bought was a 2-3 years old and barely broken to ride. He had a good nature, but we were both way too young for each other. I had a lot of guidance and was put in several good training courses (that cost money! LOTS of money!) and that was the ONLY reason I didn't get seriously hurt or the horse wasn't nearly ruined.

Horses are so much work.

As another lifelong equine person, (I have mules, not horses,) I just wanted to concur with everyone else that horse ownership isn't about kissing noses and pretty pictures and galloping through sunflower fields. There are hooves to trim and shoe, teeth to float, there's worming and training and feed to pay for, there's tack to buy, there are helmets and riding clothes to pay for...no part of horse ownership is cheap or easy. I fear for this horse- and he's a cute boy, too. He has such a kind eye.

What does teeth to float mean? I've never owned a horse, or wanted to, but I have 2 friends with them so I know they are indeed a lot of work and not a cheap animal to maintain.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever visited this blog, but:

1) it definitely sounds like she's given away pieces of her heart to this horse,

2) In her "you need Jesus" section she says this: "Jesus was crucified and all of men’s sin was put on Him. God could not look at sin, and when He saw that His own Son was covered in it, He poured out all His wrath onto Him. BUT…God had ordained this." What the fucking fuck? How does she not realize how stupid this sounds? Is this a normal fundie belief??

3) Building off #2, in her "About Me" she said that "...it is HE who speaks through my words to you." So God is telling me Christianity makes no logical sense then? Mmmkay, cool, thanks Raquel.

Beeks,

1. As much as she gushes about love and guys, I think she might only have a tiny piece left to give to the poor horse.

2. I don't remember being taught God poured all his wrath on Jesus, just that Jesus bore all the sins of the world and while he was full of sin God could not look at him.

3. I hadn't seen that before. She really does think a lot of of herself if she claims her words are basically God's. She is even more self-absorbed than I originally thought! It makes sense now that she thinks she is so special that God would buy a horse for her when there are people with real needs not being met.

I hate people with bucket lists. I really hate when people put stupid shit on their bucket lists (also see Bathroom Baby's Mama: "spend time with my kid")

You want to "make a cheesecake"? Make a fucking cheesecake! Five ingredients, throw that shit in the oven, file your toenails for 40 minutes and you're done! Boom!

"buy a sword" ?????

"ride a horse on the beach with mi esposo" Fuck off.

"visit an Indian reservation" What the...

"paint every other one of my nails purple and green" There ya go, while your cheesecake is baking, sweetheart!

"touch a swan" I hope it bites your arm off.

I hate people with bucket lists. I really hate when people put stupid shit on their bucket lists (also see Bathroom Baby's Mama: "spend time with my kid")

You want to "make a cheesecake"? Make a fucking cheesecake! Five ingredients, throw that shit in the oven, file your toenails for 40 minutes and you're done! Boom!

"buy a sword" ?????

"ride a horse on the beach with mi esposo" Fuck off.

"visit an Indian reservation" What the...

"paint every other one of my nails purple and green" There ya go, while your cheesecake is baking, sweetheart!

"touch a swan" I hope it bites your arm off.

:laughing-rolling:

:laughing-rolling:

+1 I also hate the phrase "bucket list" itself. I think it's kinda annoying. And morbid. And yeah, what LMM said.

There is an awesome swan-eating scene in The Tudors.

"have a child with blue eyes" If she doesn't her kids can stand around her grave looking at her bucket list and know they are the reason that one of them didn't get get checked off.

"read Les Miserables" "read Gone with the Wind" What's stopping you? Go do it.

"speak at a conference" "get asked for my autograph" "be acknowledged in a book written by a friend" - thinks a lot of herself doesn't she?

"Buy something on etsy" - another one of those just go do it things.

I think it's odd that, while she has "go on a mission trip" on there, she doesn't have anything about saving anyone's souls. Seriously, isn't that more important than "buy a green dress with purple polka dots (or the other way around)." Dude, she could buy the dress FROM ETSY and kill two birds with one stone.

Also, all the places she wants to kiss her husband and do other sappy stuff with him just makes me want to hurl. How old is this chick?

I think it's odd that, while she has "go on a mission trip" on there, she doesn't have anything about saving anyone's souls. Seriously, isn't that more important than "buy a green dress with purple polka dots (or the other way around)." Dude, she could buy the dress FROM ETSY and kill two birds with one stone.

Also, all the places she wants to kiss her husband and do other sappy stuff with him just makes me want to hurl. How old is this chick?

17 I think. The girl is so obsessed with getting married it is sad. She has some totally unrealistic expectations for love and marriage. Kissing her husband in all sorts of places is just the start. She also expects him to pull her out into the rain to dance.

I just don't get the ones that are so easy to do. If you want to do them bad enough to stick them on a bucket list, then why haven't you done them. When I want to read a book, I usually just go get it and read it. I don't stick it on a list and wait for God to check it out of the library for me.

"Can't you people give me any credit? Sure, I keep my kid locked in a dark bathroom all day, but I totally plan to spend quality time with him before I die! See? It's even on my bucket list!"

I just don't get the ones that are so easy to do. If you want to do them bad enough to stick them on a bucket list, then why haven't you done them. When I want to read a book, I usually just go get it and read it. I don't stick it on a list and wait for God to check it out of the library for me.

And that's why you'll never get to heaven.

Well, I know why my long term temp job has now been suspended after eight months. God needed the money I would have been paid, which I would have used to pay rent, to get a perfectly faithful girl a horse.

I'm sure the horse is more important than a roof over my head and god's plan will some day become clear. I wouldn't have minded if he had used that money to feed starving people or pay for outstanding medical bills for an uninsured family or something. But, I'm not so thrilled to have been passed over for a girl's horse.

And that's why you'll never get to heaven.

Or why God will never buy me a horse.

I wonder if God will change the horseshoes, shovel maneur, and help her with horse maintenance too! (I hope so, for that poor horse's sake).

It's a gelding, isn't it? What happens when it needs its sheath cleaned?

And about God buying her a horse:

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?

My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.

Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,

So Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV?

Dialing For Dollars is trying to find me.

I wait for delivery each day until three,

So Lord, won't you buy me a color TV?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a night on the town?

I'm counting on you, Lord, please don't let me down.

Prove that you love me and buy the next round,

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a night on the town?

Janis Joplin had 'em pegged back in 1970.

May God have mercy on both of them. Especially because you can't give a horse away in this market. Once she realizes she's in over her head, she's stuck with the poor animal.

ETA: He looks like a gorgeous fellow; I've always been partial to bays, and to the strip-and-snip pattern. He looks like he might be Arab, too. I love Arabs, always have, but they can be pretty squirrely.

First: I am so glad God cleared up his schedule enough to give Miss Raquel a horse. I am so sure that curing cancer, stopping war, solving poverty are real bummers for God especially when compared to giving gifts to spoiled little girls.

Second: In the spirit of Miss Raquel here is part of my bucket list.

1. get up in the morning

2. shower (use body wash!!!)

3. have breakfast (oatmeal!!!)

4. walk dog (in the park!!!)

17 I think. The girl is so obsessed with getting married it is sad. She has some totally unrealistic expectations for love and marriage. Kissing her husband in all sorts of places is just the start. She also expects him to pull her out into the rain to dance.

Really? My list might have sounded like that IF I had written it when I was 12....

My bucket list, in the spirit of Miss Raquel:

-Listen to that song that's been in my head all day

-Go for a walk

-Work on breaking in my new boots

-Leave the house and then come back

I think I'll go kill four birds with one stone right now, if only because I can't handle this person anymore.

Archived