IGNORED

Rebecca !!!!!!!'s recent blog entry

WonderingInWA

Okay, if she may possibly aspire to be a part of the Maxwell family one day, she's got to step it up in the public appearance arena.

This from one of her latest blog posts. OMG, it's hard for me to find any beauty in any of these photos.

hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/2011/10/happy-belated-anniversary.html

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
Okay, if she may possibly aspire to be a part of the Maxwell family one day, she's got to step it up in the public appearance arena.

This from one of her latest blog posts. OMG, it's hard for me to find any beauty in any of these photos.

hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/2011/10/happy-belated-anniversary.html

I know, bless. :D

We dissected some of that post here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4466

Oh wow, the dresses. Omfg. And the cake, too. I mean I'm with the fundies that you don't need to spend money pointlessly, but maybe a proper cake? Maybe? It's an amazing idea to have someone you know make it if they know what they're doing. MY friend's brother made an awesome cake for her wedding, along with 2 doves on top shaped of some sugar substance (I think). It was a salmon color with white ornaments. It looked amazing. Another one of her friends, who is incredibly talented with flowers, made her bouquets. Although I'm not a fan of the bridesmaid bouquets she used (baby's breath), her bridal bouquet was beautiful with differetn color roses, pearls and lace.Yet another friends did her hair and makeup, which looked drop dead gorgeous. I guess my point is DIY is awesome when you have the vaguest idea what you're doing. (And you are lucky enough to have talented friends).

Forgot to mention, those !!!!!!!!!!!! are a huge pet peeve of mine.

As in the ever-present facebook comment, "have fun!!!!!!!" when someone states they're doing something completely uber exciting like, um, going to work.

Edit: when they're doing something uber exciting that the other person is not involved in AT ALL...

They actually paid money for a hair stylist and all they got were some simple braids?

Yeah, was wondering about that, too. Didn't come out, um, all too great.

Also i wonder- if they have a stylist, she didn't bother to put the slightest bit of makeup on their faces? Or is that defrauding? i'm never exactly sure what is and what isn't. :whistle:

I want to reach into the internet, grab that girl and give her a makeover. She doesn't have much to work with admittedly, but a good haircut and clothes which fit, in natural fabrics, would be a start.

Well, and I don't really like to snark on people's looks, but that "beautiful bride" caption just about put me over the top. And the fact she still fits in her hideous wedding gown. Well, there's just a lot to be said about that. And that gown -- that had to be 1989. I honestly don't remember gowns being THAT bad in 1989 (lots of my friends were getting married then and me 5 years later). Yikes.

And yeah, put your sunglasses on -- you're going to need 'em to check the glare off those satin bridesmaid gowns. Good lord, those couldn't be more hideous, could they?

And how come no one's noticed Dad's bow tie? Ummmmm, it's gotta be about 10" across, right?

Just read the whole blog.(she has the crazy eyes) What is the matter with baby George? Her blog starts with his update,but it doesn't say what was the matter with him in the first place and I see he has a feeding tube in his nose but nothing else.

Just read the whole blog.(she has the crazy eyes) What is the matter with baby George? Her blog starts with his update,but it doesn't say what was the matter with him in the first place and I see he has a feeding tube in his nose but nothing else.

I think he has a cleft palate, based on other pictures.

And how come no one's noticed Dad's bow tie? Ummmmm, it's gotta be about 10" across, right?

Oh, I noticed. Trust me, I noticed. :shock:

I think he has a cleft palate, based on other pictures.

Yes, photo I saw showed he's got a cleft palate, poor thing. Not sure how he is related to their family? Maybe just friends?

And she has crazy eyes in the sense she's got terrible dark circles under them. Her mother has them too. I'm guessing a result of poor nutrition, but I could be wrong. Her mother looks like she's never missed a meal, but when you don't have a lot of money, crappy processed foods is what you eat and feed your family.

I'm not going to mock anyone's physical features because beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I will comment on the post and pics though. I honestly don't get vow renewels. Why are the needed? A second honeymoon I get, but why would your vows need renewed like a license? I could see it for a troubled marriage or situation where the partners want to remind themselves why they married in the first place, but why not just read your vows over to your spouse in private? Putting on a wedding dress and suit and having a cake, bridesmaids, flower girls, bouquets and all that just seems insane to me.

The hair looks silly, girls. It looks like someone did fast little braids and tied them together, which is something I could do and I suck at hair stuff. You need your money back if the stylist could not do more than that. A little makeup would not hurt either. I always wear make up because I look terrible without it. It is especially nice to wear a little for an event like this.

The girls' dresses are hideous. I am sorry, but it looks something a little girl would wear and only when playing dress up. I know there are beautiful dresses on the cheap that are "modest" for girls their age so why wear those? I'm not trying to be mean, but really?

The cake doesn't look that bad. No worse than what it would like if I made the cake. :lol: I don't know the experience of the person who did the cake, but if they don't have much experience, it's fine. I'm sure they cared less about what it looked like and more about how it tasted. ;)

I'm not going to mock anyone's physical features because beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

you are absolutely right. I didn't want to be offensive.. it's just that they somehow manage to make themselves look ugly. Maybe thats a little bit clearer now.

Oh my, those dresses. I always wonder about these things - is that truly just there taste? Did they really look in the mirror and think "Yeah, this looks AWESOME!" Or is it more of a "well, that's the best we could do so I better keep sweet, slap a smile on my face and go with it."

If it's the former and they really like those dresses then hey, who am I to tell them to change? If it's the latter though, girls, come on. Hit up Goodwill and you will find so much better than that!

I won't pick on anyone's looks because that's not fair -- but I have to say Yowza to that bow tie. What happened there?

I honestly don't get vow renewals. Why are the needed? A second honeymoon I get, but why would your vows need renewed like a license? I could see it for a troubled marriage or situation where the partners want to remind themselves why they married in the first place, but why not just read your vows over to your spouse in private?

In real life, the only times I've seen vow renewals have been at my parents' 50th anniversary celebration (Mom had nearly died a few months earlier; our priest did a brief renewals of vows before the dinner, and no one wore wedding attire) and my sister and BIL's 25th (we went to 5:00 Mass, and the priest did the renewal of vows--normal church clothes for everybody--after the congregation had cleared out; then we all went out to dinner).

In celebrityland, it seems they do vow renewals every five minutes, then the marriages bite the dust.

Yeah, those bridesmaids' dresses were made out of some very unforgiving fabric, which betrays even the slightest flaw in sewing or fitting. The collars can't lie flat, because that kind of synthetic is delicate and hard to iron, and tends to stretch and warp even if you're very careful.

I want to reach into the internet, grab that girl and give her a makeover. She doesn't have much to work with admittedly, but a good haircut and clothes which fit, in natural fabrics, would be a start.
Exactly. I'm no fashion maven myself but I'd pay to have someone with skills step in! I think people of all physical types can look pretty darn good if they hit a style that works WITH them - and if they're expressing confidence.

First, the no makeup thing. I've never worn makeup in my life either, but my "style" such as it is very boyish, so it works - plus I'm not all pale. If you want to do femmy, and particularly if you're pale, a little bit of accent would go a LONG way.

Second, the hair. I've known quite a few people with hair like this (not all fundies, either, but often enamoured of old-style clothing, so some nerdy people into the SCA and role playing and fantasy novels where everyone on the cover is wearing flowing robes and long hair) and it's just... as if they want long hair, the longer the better, so they don't trim up the ends or cut it every so often or do bangs, and so it ends up looking straggly, and there's usually no styling going on. Cut a few inches (at least) off, and do some braiding or other stuff on part of it to give it interest, maybe a little hair spray if you're doing bangs. I dunno, but that "just hanging there limp, pale, long hair" thing (particularly when the hair is slightly wavy - not straight, but not curly either) just doesn't flatter anyone. Maybe get a weak perm, so there's some ringlets or more pronounced waves. Or go the other way and straighten it. But... do something.

Third, ZOMG those dresses. I'll admit I am NOT a fan of that dress style at all, but I can appreciate that look as a thing when people make the dresses out of ordinary cotton patterned fabric. That dress pattern plus shiny cloth is just... not my thing, I'll leave it at that :D It's like FLDS means dancewear, or something... on the other hand, I think there's some unwritten rule that bridesmaids' dresses are supposed to be awful.

...why on earth they were WEARING bridesmaids' dresses is another topic entirely, of course...

Archived