IGNORED

What's up with the Fundie Connection to Chicago?

luv2laugh

I haaaaaate Chicago winters. And every year, I swear like Scarlet Ohara that I'm moving someplace warm. And I never get around to doing it.....

:lol:

I can hear you now: "As God is my witness, I'll never be windburned again . . . "

I haaaaaate Chicago winters. And every year, I swear like Scarlet Ohara that I'm moving someplace warm. And I never get around to doing it.....

Ditto--I keep threatening to move to Albuquerque or some place like that, just because it's SUNNIER. Hell, I'll move to Denver and cope with their winters just for the sun.

But I'm here for the long haul....

The only way a place like Chicago seems like a reasonable place to live is if you average all our temperatures together. -40*in the winter and 109* in the summer averages out to what seems kind of nice.

Except, of course, it's not. This is what happens when you build your city on a f'ing SWAMP.

I will, alas, never leave. I am Chicagoan born and bred, a city girl who develops hives when too long away from concrete and asphalt and road construction. I can even negotiate Lower Wacker.

Archived