IGNORED

Buy your own f'ing meals! Robert Schuller

Burris

Anyone want to send me an order of chicken lo mein and steamed dumplings?

I've had a headache off and on all week because I think we need a new bed. I'd say send me a new bed, but honestly I'd rather have the Chinese food.

Some butter pecan ice cream for desert would be nice too.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lainey, darling, worry not. I've switched over to the Jet, which will make its rounds to take care of both of us, including a stop in Ohio for ice cream . Would one of you fly over and plump up Lainey's pillows and mop her fevered, delicate brow? Thanks!

Oh, that's most excellent, darling, how thoughtful of you. :D Yes, my pillows do need plumping. My favourite ice cream is mint chocolate chip, but it will make me sick (not that that will stop me from eating it) unless it's soy. Do keep that in mind. What else do we need? Let me think on it for a bit. :think: Can you also send your jet to swing by and bring SunnyAndrsn her Chinese food?

Oh, that's most excellent, darling, how thoughtful of you. :D Yes, my pillows do need plumping. My favourite ice cream is mint chocolate chip, but it will make me sick (not that that will stop me from eating it) unless it's soy. Do keep that in mind. What else do we need? Let me think on it for a bit. :think: Can you also send your jet to swing by and bring SunnyAndrsn her Chinese food?

Of course. Jeeves is such a tolerant soul, he will take care of you in the most gentle and discreet manner, I assure you. Soy ice cream, Chinese food, check. He is like Santa, dears, he will be there shortly. If you wish to keep him, just have him send one of the other gentlemen; they are like my Own Private Vision Forum Interns, except not gay. And not because I don't adore gay gentlemen, they just can't serve my lady friends *ahem* feminine needs as well. I do have one or two gay interns, in case you need someone to go get you shoes or do your hair.

Then could you please have him swing through Texas? I had 14 migraine days last month and I am spent. I could use some yummy Italian carb yumminess (carbonara, maybe?), please...

You'll get even more disgusted if you click on the link and see what kind of financial claims the family was/is making against the church/bankruptcy...I guess with all the internal/family squabbling the good pastor's kids can't send over some dinner for their ailing mother? This is what happens when independent churches are run like family businesses - for profit. Ugg.

The Schullers sound like awful people. I laughed at the end of limos picking up food. I once watched a sermon Robert A. did and it was awful. I still laugh when I hear about the Schullers because of the granddaughter appeared on Laguna Beach.

You'll get even more disgusted if you click on the link and see what kind of financial claims the family was/is making against the church/bankruptcy...I guess with all the internal/family squabbling the good pastor's kids can't send over some dinner for their ailing mother? This is what happens when independent churches are run like family businesses - for profit. Ugg.

Ah, their nepotistic empire is crumbling and those idiots are squabbling over the scraps. Those are mighty fine scraps, I'll grant, but they're scraps all the same. If the pickings were even a whit slimmer, those assholes would start eating each other.

I wonder if they are familiar with the phrases going to hell in a handbasket?

Hell in a picnic basket in this case....

Sad thing is I used to watch the Hour of Power(or whatever it is) during my college hangovers, and Schuller Sr. was pretty good and honest-seeming....I hate it when people take advantage of their "fans"

Of course. Jeeves is such a tolerant soul, he will take care of you in the most gentle and discreet manner, I assure you. Soy ice cream, Chinese food, check. He is like Santa, dears, he will be there shortly. If you wish to keep him, just have him send one of the other gentlemen; they are like my Own Private Vision Forum Interns, except not gay. And not because I don't adore gay gentlemen, they just can't serve my lady friends *ahem* feminine needs as well. I do have one or two gay interns, in case you need someone to go get you shoes or do your hair.

:laughing-rolling:

Does Jeeves babysit? If so, when he's in Ohio to pick up the ice cream, do you think he could watch my kiddos for a little bit so I can go to the spa?

Is this some kind of joke? They ask the members of the church to donate food, but don't want them inside their home? And then have limousine drivers (more than ONE?) to pick it up?

Why don't they just pick up the phone and order some food - it's not like they can't afford to do it?

Anyone who would actually give them any food is a total idiot. I hope that nobody stepped forward with any food.

I hope nobody gave them meals, but I have a feeling some idiot will probably send them food. People like the Schullers will still manage to have supporters despite all the shit that they have done.

I could use a home-cooked meal, too. No power since Saturday night due to a freak snow storm. I can send my 2003 Jeep to come pick it up, since I'm coughing a ton and don't want to breathe in the poor air quality forecast for today.

After the first 12 hours, when we tried to cook up what we could on one burner of the gas grill (eggs and bacon), we lost two fridges full of food. Bored and broke from ordering in three times this week. Cereal, popcorn and goldfish crackers have served as breakfast and lunch.

Can't wait to eat a real meal, take a real shower, wash my clothes and dishes, and get more than a few hours of sleep per night.

Yeah, not even my own "family" offers to bring me food when I'm unable to cook for myself. These Faux Church people have a lot of nerve.

:roll:

snarkykitty, might you be in my neck of the woods? Here in central Connecticut, I just got power back today, and have the same miserable cough that's making the rounds. If no downed wires and tree limbs are in the way, I'll be glad to bring you something. PM me!

I still can't get over the fact that a limo picks the food up to be delivered. If they can afford for their food to be delivered by a limo, why can't they order some take out? You can get healthy take out like salads and skinless chicken breasts.

I still can't get over the fact that a limo picks the food up to be delivered. If they can afford for their food to be delivered by a limo, why can't they order some take out? You can get healthy take out like salads and skinless chicken breasts.

But it would deny the people the honor and opportunity of sharing their love and affection for the family. They couldn't deny the people this opportunity to show their love and kindness. What kind of uncaring heathen are you? Where's your sense of hospitality?

This meal request is pathetic. Doesn't this couple have grown children and grandchildren in the area that could be helping them out?

When my husband was in chemo our church organized meals to be delivered every other day for us and I appreciated it so much. Each day they were delivered there would be a knock at the front door and there stood and lovely church member, often times an entire family, bringing us a wonderful meal.

I have issues with this CC pastor using a limo to deliever his meals? That is crazy. Wht not just hire someone from the church to come cook for them.

SnarkyKitty, if I didn't live on the other side of the country, I would bring you and your family some baked ziti.

Is this a cult or something? I haven't heard of CC before. My jaw literally hit the floor when I read the OP.

Is this a cult or something? I haven't heard of CC before. My jaw literally hit the floor when I read the OP.

The Crystal Cathedral started out as a drive in church in Garden Grove Ca, it was started as a reformed congregation by Robert H. Schuller and got a life of it's own. The Crystal Cathedral in it's hey dey produced huge productions such as the Glory of Christmas with flying angels and live camels, and the Glory of Easter in it's sanctuary. The church had a good prison ministry and was welcomed into the community. As with most large enterprises, there began to be disputes as Schuller the elder began to slow down and eventually get ready to retire. His son was the next in line but he angered some of the faithful and they managed to get rid of him, bringing in one of the daughters who's main ministry claim is that she's the daughter of Robert the elder. The church is in bankruptcy and is in line to be purchased by Chapman University. They will allow the church, what's left of it, to use the property for 5 years or so and then decide if they can buy it back. A recent pledge drive to raise the $$$$ needed to take the church out of bankruptcy, which 20 years ago would have been reached, got less than 125K.

ETA: wrong initial for the old man, if anyone wants to drop a few dozen sugar cookies outside my door I'd appreciate it. HAd to spend $600 to get the car running. All my Christmas, grocery, vacation, and what the hell money in one felt swoop.

You all are so sweet. I just got my power back today. It has been tough, but hubby is taking good care of me. It's surprising that strangers are nicer to me than family. Thank you for your kind offers. I wish you health and safety.

Wht not just hire someone from the church to come cook for them.

The church told the press that they were private people.

The Crystal Cathedral started out as a drive in church in Garden Grove Ca, it was started as a reformed congregation by Robert H. Schuller and got a life of it's own. The Crystal Cathedral in it's hey dey produced huge productions such as the Glory of Christmas with flying angels and live camels, and the Glory of Easter in it's sanctuary. The church had a good prison ministry and was welcomed into the community. As with most large enterprises, there began to be disputes as Schuller the elder began to slow down and eventually get ready to retire. His son was the next in line but he angered some of the faithful and they managed to get rid of him, bringing in one of the daughters who's main ministry claim is that she's the daughter of Robert the elder. The church is in bankruptcy and is in line to be purchased by Chapman University. They will allow the church, what's left of it, to use the property for 5 years or so and then decide if they can buy it back. A recent pledge drive to raise the $$$$ needed to take the church out of bankruptcy, which 20 years ago would have been reached, got less than 125K.

ETA: wrong initial for the old man, if anyone wants to drop a few dozen sugar cookies outside my door I'd appreciate it. HAd to spend $600 to get the car running. All my Christmas, grocery, vacation, and what the hell money in one felt swoop.

We went for the xmas service one year. Complete with camels!!!

Archived