IGNORED

Buy your own f'ing meals! Robert Schuller

Burris

I suspect most of you are familiar with the Crystal Cathedral, a 32-year-old edifice to the boundless greed of Robert Schuller.

He was voted off the church board of directors in late 2010, several months after the CC filed for bankruptcy. The Schuller family is also accused of purloining $10 Million from CC endowment funds.

The Schullers' stunning lack of self-awareness and a shameless sense of entitlement have carried over even 'til now: Administrators at the CC sent out an e-mail to congragents, elders, and Bible study members asking for them to prepare and deliver meals to the Schullers because the former pastor's wife, Arvella, has pneumonia and is too ill to cook.

It is surely in bad taste for millionaires to ask middle and lower class people for donations of prepared food, complete with special dietary restrictions, but it's exponentially worse when the e-mail specifies...

"However, they would appreciate meals over the next three to four weeks," the email states. "They are to be sent to the church in order to be transported to Arvella. The limo drivers could pick up the dinners or meet in the Tower Lobby around 4:30 p.m." (OC Register)

John Charles, who has the unenviable task of trying to spin this idiocy into something acceptable, defended the request to reporters from the Orange County Register, saying, “"We didn't want people going to their home because they are very private people.â€

Fine. Then let them make their own fucking dinners, paid for with some part of the millions they've already sucked away from gullible parishioners.

I personally believe congregants should stop putting up with this horseshit and walk out en masse, letting the church administrators (and the Schullers) fend for themselves. But of course most of them won't because, inexplicably, they have a much higher tolerance for sin in their pastors than they do for the same in their neighbors.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure they would appreciate it. I would definitely appreciate meals sent to my house every damn night!

That doesn't mean it's 1. going to happen 2. right for anyone to do this.

What about takeout? What about frozen meals? What about paying someone to do it?

Seriously. If you can afford a driver, you can afford a cook. Just hire one for a temporary period of time. I bet there are professionals in the area who can come to the house once a week, prepare a week's worth of meals with re-heat directions, and leave them in the fridge/freezer so even the manliest of men can figure out how to reheat them.

I personally believe congregants should stop putting up with this horseshit and walk out en masse, letting the church administrators (and the Schullers) fend for themselves. But of course most of them won't because, inexplicably, they have a much higher tolerance for sin in their pastors than they do for the same in their neighbors.

*sigh* The flock lining up to be sheered once again.

Delivered many-a-meal to fellow church members in my time and my reaction is: if I'm not good enough to come to your house and drop off the meal, then I'm not good enough to make you a meal in the first place. Oh, and go screw yourself.

Free Jingers,

I have a bad case of cramps today. Would some of you dears in the Pacific Northwest please make me vegetarian meals and send them to me this weekend? I would appreciate a pint of triple chocolate ice cream and the new People, please. The stretch Hummer will be by to pick up the items today or tomorrow, simply PM me your address. Thanks!

xoxo,

Angri-la

How far does you limo go? I'm about a three hour drive away, but I'll send a sister some ice cream? :lol:

Free Jingers,

I have a bad case of cramps today. Would some of you dears in the Pacific Northwest please make me vegetarian meals and send them to me this weekend? I would appreciate a pint of triple chocolate ice cream and the new People, please. The stretch Hummer will be by to pick up the items today or tomorrow, simply PM me your address. Thanks!

xoxo,

Angri-la

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How far does you limo go? I'm about a three hour drive away, but I'll send a sister some ice cream? :lol:

Why, thank you, emmiedahl, Bless your heart! As money is obviously no object to me, I will send the stretch Hummer on over. Because I am simply too delicate to walk my butt over to get a pint at the Plaid Pantry, and I could *never* ask my husband to cater to my womanly whims!

Why, thank you, emmiedahl, Bless your heart! As money is obviously no object to me, I will send the stretch Hummer on over. Because I am simply too delicate to walk my butt over to get a pint at the Plaid Pantry, and I could *never* ask my husband to cater to my womanly whims!

In that case, have your driver come to Ohio and get you some Jeni's! Might as well have the best. Or I can ship it to you in dry ice :D

http://jenisicecreams.com/

Yes, we Jeni's ice cream lovers may be a cult. . .

In that case, have your driver come to Ohio and get you some Jeni's! Might as well have the best. Or I can ship it to you in dry ice :D

http://jenisicecreams.com/

Yes, we Jeni's ice cream lovers may be a cult. . .

Jeeves, to Ohio!

I have had the Jeni's, I can't find a pool of drool smiley. Austin, you are evvvvvvil!

Yes, I'm not feeling well, either. I would like it if you girls would be dears and send me things. I'll take apple juice, soup (some sort of mainly broth soup, please, I do love broth), ummm...and brownies? Chocolate chip cookies? And maybe some movies and books. I'm sorry but as my limo's in the shop, you'll have to arrange to transport it yourself. :mrgreen:

Jeeves, to Ohio!

I have had the Jeni's, I can't find a pool of drool smiley. Austin, you are evvvvvvil!

So I'm often told :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :D

Yes, I'm not feeling well, either. I would like it if you girls would be dears and send me things. I'll take apple juice, soup (some sort of mainly broth soup, please, I do love broth), ummm...and brownies? Chocolate chip cookies? And maybe some movies and books. I'm sorry but as my limo's in the shop, you'll have to arrange to transport it yourself. :mrgreen:

Lainey, darling, worry not. I've switched over to the Jet, which will make its rounds to take care of both of us, including a stop in Ohio for ice cream . Would one of you fly over and plump up Lainey's pillows and mop her fevered, delicate brow? Thanks!

I have some good coupons for TGIFridays and Boston Market in my inbox that I could send to them!

"However, they would appreciate meals over the next three to four weeks," the email states. "They are to be sent to the church in order to be transported to Arvella. The limo drivers could pick up the dinners or meet in the Tower Lobby around 4:30 p.m." (OC Register)

Talk about clueless! This reminds me of Be-all on that video about the fish and chips from Scotland. They were weary and cold from wandering in the fog all day, touring castles. (Uh, do you really want Joe 30K Salary in Lunchmeat, KS to grant you his sympathy while he eats potato buds and hamburger helper with cheap ground chuck?)

I could use a home-cooked meal, too. No power since Saturday night due to a freak snow storm. I can send my 2003 Jeep to come pick it up, since I'm coughing a ton and don't want to breathe in the poor air quality forecast for today.

After the first 12 hours, when we tried to cook up what we could on one burner of the gas grill (eggs and bacon), we lost two fridges full of food. Bored and broke from ordering in three times this week. Cereal, popcorn and goldfish crackers have served as breakfast and lunch.

Can't wait to eat a real meal, take a real shower, wash my clothes and dishes, and get more than a few hours of sleep per night.

Yeah, not even my own "family" offers to bring me food when I'm unable to cook for myself. These Faux Church people have a lot of nerve.

:roll:

The limo drivers could pick up the dinners or meet in the Tower Lobby around 4:30 p.m." (OC Register)

DriverS, as in they have more than one limo driver??

DriverS, as in they have more than one limo driver??

Well, you do have to eat quite a bit when you have pneumonia. They couldn't possibly just send only one of their drivers. And the people are so generous.

Archived