IGNORED

Wow howdy! New boards? New members? (explain your username)

TheDarkSideLuke

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you!

It's one of those stereotypes that the people it was used to describe and put down have co-opted and now wear as a badge of honor. Growing up in North Jersey, I have several friends that consider themselves JAPs without blinking an eye.

My username comes from the Duggar's word when they see a women exposing too much...although I never do this, but because I am more "blessed" in a certain area fundie men may need to look down when I pass by. .... lol. :roll: :arrow: :P

This was my username on yuku, and ezboards before it, for like forever. Named myself after my cat. Real creative. :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all---Reviving the thread! I'm a new member but I've been lurking at FJ on and off for several years now. I'm a student at a small Midwestern college not in my home state, and I grew up an hour away from the Maxwells (field trip!). Yep, y'all got a Kansas kid.

My gateway fundies were the Duggars (about six years ago, I'd guess), and through TWoP (before Howard-the-douche), I was introduced to other families and blogs. I'm an anthro student, so I comfort myself by insisting that my online creeping and presence here is really just fledging field studies. RIGHT. I also have a bunch of FLDS memiors and books like Quiverfull, God's Harvard, The Unlikely Disciple, etc. on my bookshelf (my mom is my enabler, she likes to send these books to me in care packages with organic brownies and coffee, knowing that the combination is worse than crack for me). Feel free to ask me anything about life in KS that may help clear up what the Maxwells say on their blog or whatever.

My user name is a reference to the Hunger Games series, which I'm crazy about. Katniss is the anti-fundie gir, a total badassl, and my current fictional idol (I also have a huge girl crush on Jennifer Lawrence, the actress who is portraying her in the movies). I'm this name a few other places online, but I am also known as IAmTheHaggis, a salute to my Scottish heritage and time spent studying abroad there. 89 is the year of my birth.

So happy to finally officially join the crazy and I look forward to the many nights this board is going to distract me from studying!

Archived