IGNORED

Kristina's Kids: Lint

titus2_4u

Yeah, even as an adult, my skin looks like that when I'm cold. It's normal for pale babies/people. As long as she wrapped them up after her poor attempts at newborn photography, it's no biggie.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brayden Bryce and Raegan Rileigh. :?

Even though we've known since she posted on her blog months ago, I still can't grasp those names. There isn't anything wrong with them, really, but what is wrong with the normal spellings of those names? Braden Brice and/or Reagan Riley?

The spelling choices they've made are, I don't know. It's like they're twelve and playing house or something. I suppose since their kids will never enter a public school, they don't have to worry about teachers and other kids being able to pronounce the names or saying them wrong, but those kids will be adults one day. Kutesy, kreative spelling doesn't work on a 30 year old in the real world or job world or mature adults. Of course, I know only her boys will do that since the girls will all be brainwashed, er, trained, to be keepers at home just like dear old mom, so they probably don't even have to worry about their names appearing on a checkbook.

But, whatever. Poor kids. I hope by the time the next one comes along they rethink their naming choices, for the sake of the kids.

Even though we've known since she posted on her blog months ago, I still can't grasp those names. There isn't anything wrong with them, really, but what is wrong with the normal spellings of those names? Braden Brice and/or Reagan Riley?

The spelling choices they've made are, I don't know. It's like they're twelve and playing house or something. I suppose since their kids will never enter a public school, they don't have to worry about teachers and other kids being able to pronounce the names or saying them wrong, but those kids will be adults one day. Kutesy, kreative spelling doesn't work on a 30 year old in the real world or job world or mature adults. Of course, I know only her boys will do that since the girls will all be brainwashed, er, trained, to be keepers at home just like dear old mom, so they probably don't even have to worry about their names appearing on a checkbook.

But, whatever. Poor kids. I hope by the time the next one comes along they rethink their naming choices, for the sake of the kids.

I'm sure they'll keep it up with the kreative spellings. I'm a strong believer that whatever you name a baby needs to work just as good for somebody who is a doctor or lawyer or whatever because one day that kid is going to grow up and you want them the be stuck with this cutsey name that nobody can spell and makes them sound stupid.

My old dog was named CHloe, so seeing Kloe just looks so wrong to me.

The newborn photo shoot could have used a bit of help.(I used to have a photo studio in my house and did newborns/ maternity. That is a mess of babies falling on each other and bad lighting)

By the way, mono isn't something you will get sick with more than once. It's like chicken pox in that most of the time if you are infected with it once you'll be immune to becoming ill from it in the future.

That makes me wonder if she's tired from some other reason like being anemic from the birth.

By the way, mono isn't something you will get sick with more than once. It's like chicken pox in that most of the time if you are infected with it once you'll be immune to becoming ill from it in the future.

That makes me wonder if she's tired from some other reason like being anemic from the birth.

You can relapse from it though- I had a severe case in college (actually missed a semester!) and was fine for about three months, then felt like I had mono again. Got a blood test and yes indeed! Mono-city. So if she had a bad case and hasn't completely healed or is prone to relapse, she could be a hurting puppy every so often.

The effects of mono last a long time. My son had it in kindergarten and he had migraines and tired spells on and off for a year. That was considered normal, and his case was not that bad.

I had a severe case when I was 17 - my spleen nearly burst. I was out of school for over 3 months. I am 37 and I still get "mono run down" every year or so.

You can relapse from it though- I had a severe case in college (actually missed a semester!) and was fine for about three months, then felt like I had mono again. Got a blood test and yes indeed! Mono-city. So if she had a bad case and hasn't completely healed or is prone to relapse, she could be a hurting puppy every so often.

My guess she never truly recovered. Didn't she get it right after she got married? Then, pregnant. Then, a hard birth. Then, pregnant again. Her body hasn't had the time to recover with two years of pregnancy and newborns. If god keeps giving her blessings every year, he's ultimately going to leave all those blessings mother-less as her body loses its ability to recover.

I don't know about mono specifically, but viruses can often have ongoing, recurring affects. I had Parvo Virus B19 (the same virus that is known as Fifths Disease) when I was 39. It was hell for weeks. I spent about ten days so doped up on pain relievers because of the joint pain that I wanted to die and would gladly have done so. It took a couple of months before I felt even remotely human again and didn't get worn out just going up and down the stairs. I had fevers on and off the whole time and was down for the count out of nowhere with fever and joint pain for days at a time. For another three or four months I had short relapses and lacked energy and still suffered a lot of moderate joint pain that would increase if I over exerted myself or didn't get enough sleep. It was a full year before I was honestly back to normal. But, because of that severe viral bout, whenever I get any other sort of virus, it nails my ass to the floor. My joints and muscles swell when I get a respiratory virus. So, technically, I don't get PVB19 again, but many of the symptoms come with other viral infections now and will for the rest of my life, according to my doc. And, I took the time to recover and rest and take it slow. I cannot even come close to imagining what it is like to be pregnant and have babies right on the heels of something like that.

Is Fifth Disease a herpes virus? Mono is, and so are a lot of childhood diseases. Herpes viruses can be tricky because they recur at times.

One of my kids had fifth disease, and it was no biggie except for the rash and bright red cheeks. I have heard that adults get it much worse.

Is Fifth Disease a herpes virus? Mono is, and so are a lot of childhood diseases. Herpes viruses can be tricky because they recur at times.

One of my kids had fifth disease, and it was no biggie except for the rash and bright red cheeks. I have heard that adults get it much worse.

I don't honestly know. Fifths Disease is just one of the many forms PVB19 takes, and it's not generally called Fifths Disease in adults because there are differences in the...something or other, I don't remember and have never been very good at understanding medical information. Plus B19 is just one of many parvo classifications, so it is way beyond my comprehension or understanding. If I remember correctly, half the population develops an immunity by adulthood but if you don't, it takes on a different formation or cell splitting or...something...than it does in kids and while not typical it can recur.

The fact that I had it as an adult is plastered on my medical records just like my allergies to Penicillin and Iodine.

She got it right after she married.

You are right...and didn't it take a while for Kristina to get pregnant with Kloe? Like 6 months or something? I remember being shocked she got knocked up with the twins so quickly after Kloe's birth...

You are right...and didn't it take a while for Kristina to get pregnant with Kloe? Like 6 months or something? I remember being shocked she got knocked up with the twins so quickly after Kloe's birth...

Yeah, she blogged a lot about being run-down and sick shortly after getting married, and I also wonder if they waited awhile to have sex, since they did that whole no-touch thing up until wedding day. I can't imagine going from no touching at all to full-on sex in one day.

I can totally see her getting mono "again" if she never recovered properly in first place.

Yeah, I had it at 14. I was out of school for about 4 months, than half-days for another 4 or so (and no gym or physical activity due not just fatigue but also risk to spleen; I was so tired I did not even care though normally I would go crazy). I still did not feel right for months after. It was probably over a year before I felt reasonably back to normal - and I was pretty healthy to begin with.

I know others who tried to rush back into it too soon and were dealing with mono much longer than I did; and if you do push too hard, I think you can really find yourself with lasting effects for a long time and suffer relapse(s).

My friend ended up in the exact same situation as Kristina. She had her first baby, then got pregnant with twins when the baby was 3 months old. She is pretty much the exact opposite of a quiver-full fundy, so sometimes these things really do just happen.

I'm glad Kristina is getting help from her Mom and husband. Mono can be exhausting.

I honestly feel bad for her- 3 kids in diapers and being sick, that must be uber exhausting.

As for the lint, I think Kloe (?) just found it somewhere and decided it was interesting to play with.

How in the world does Kristina find the time to edit pictures right now?!

I honestly feel bad for her- 3 kids in diapers and being sick, that must be uber exhausting.

As for the lint, I think Kloe (?) just found it somewhere and decided it was interesting to play with.

How in the world does Kristina find the time to edit pictures right now?!

Her mother is there helping her as well as the husband. So, right now, she probably has a bit of down time every now and then. When the mother leaves, she will probably stop updating her blog altogether. She simply won't have time anymore.

Answering the IVF question above:

The doctor probably agreed to do the implantations back-to-back like that (babies a year apart) because the mom was really close to losing her fertility because of endometriosis or (the other things I can't remember the name of right off). And the triplet birth was probably where two eggs were implanted and one split--so they weren't planning on triplets.

(If I remember right, it's pretty normal to implant two eggs in IVF because usually only one takes--plus this might have been the couple's last chance at having a baby, maybe they did choose to implant three eggs and take their chances.)

You can get a mono reoccurrence, but when you get it chronically they start referring to it as Epstein Barr. eb is the name of the virus that causes mono. It is a herpes virus. From what I understand, if you have chronic ebv the later flare-ups aren't usually as bad as the first time you actually had mono, but they still suck. I had mono the first time when I was around kristina's age, and I was basically warned that I might have a flare-up later since my sister has chronic ebv, but it's been over six years and I've been fine so far. With all the stress a pregnancy puts on your body, it's not really surprising that this would happen to her.

Archived