IGNORED

Duggar Daughter Wearing a Star of David

Ralar

Was one of the Duggar girls (Jinger?) wearing a Star of David (a.k.a. Jewish Star) on last night's episode (Habitat for Humanity)? What's up with that? A while back I remember them mentioning they don't eat pork. Now one of the daughters is wearing a Jewish Star? I guess a VSE, where the Duggars go Fake-Jew would buy them another year on TLC.

Was one of the Duggar girls (Jinger?) wearing a Star of David (a.k.a. Jewish Star) on last night's episode (Habitat for Humanity)? What's up with that? A while back I remember them mentioning they don't eat pork. Now one of the daughters is wearing a Jewish Star? I guess a VSE, where the Duggars go Fake-Jew would buy them another year on TLC.

Maybe it's a case of them not seeing it as exclusively Jewish,as David was also a character in the Biblical Old Testament. Though I agree it is rather odd....

Doubt they would go FakeJew/Messanaic though. All of their friends and support community are Bapitists.

r u sure it was the star of david and not the 5 pointed star (symbol of wicca)? cause that would be awesome, if one of the duggar girls became a wiccan.

love.

r u sure it was the star of david and not the 5 pointed star (symbol of wicca)? cause that would be awesome, if one of the duggar girls became a wiccan.

love.

I think I've seen them wearing a star of David before so sadly probably not.

Some christians here wear star of david necklaces when they want to show they support Israel. Some christian shops attach Ruth 1:16 to the jewellery boxes (Your people will be my people and your God my God).

I would guess she got it on the trip to Israel and wears it for the reason Soldevi mentioned. I had the exact same worry yesterday when I saw someone at a local NaNoWriMo write in wearing a Star of David necklace with a cross in the middle. I questioned her about it and it turns out a friend of hers bought it for her in Israel. She felt that it had a deeper meaning since Christianity was created from Judaism. I'd guess it's the same with the Duggar girl.

She's been spotted wearing a Jewish star necklace several times before the trip to Israel. Maybe it will be mentioned on Israel segments.

I have three really nice ones in my jewelry box that I never wear from my old Zionist days.

I was fascinated with the idea that the Jews did not recognize Jesus as their savior and was broken hearted for them as a child. It is just another outward sign of being closer to God by embracing the Jews and symbols of them.

Then consider all of the ideas about eschatology -- that the temple must be rebuilt in Jerusalem on the former site of the temple mound and temple sacrifice must be reinstated so that Jesus can return. The abomination must take place during the tribulation, that is the spilling of pig's blood in the Holy of Holies, and presumably on the Mercy Seat of the no longer existing Ark of the Covenant. But then, there are rumors that the Solomites and the Queen of Sheba took it back to Ethiopia with them and have hidden it to reveal it in the last days, just before the rapture.

I considered going to school to study about how to be a missionary to Jews. But then, I went to hear every Pentecostal, Charismatic nutball, chasing "the anointing" and waiting for God to turn me into a new Kathryn Kuhlman (who did miracles by little else than hypnosis).

Yep, the Ark of the Covenant resides in Axum, Ethiopia in the Church of St. Mary of Zion. Nobody is allowed to see it or go in the church except for the guardian monk. Men are allowed to enter the compound of the chapel that holds the Ark, but women are not allowed to approach.

If you want to learn more about if/how/why the Ark is in Axum, the book The Sign and the Seal is a good read.

Yep, the Ark of the Covenant resides in Axum, Ethiopia in the Church of St. Mary of Zion. Nobody is allowed to see it or go in the church except for the guardian monk. Men are allowed to enter the compound of the chapel that holds the Ark, but women are not allowed to approach.

If you want to learn more about if/how/why the Ark is in Axum, the book The Sign and the Seal is a good read.

See how mysterious and exciting it all is? I thought I could go to Israel and could be a part of helping to rebuild Solomon's Temple, and while there, I could tell people about Jesus and convert them to Christianity so I could have lots of pearls in my crown when I got to heaven and I could feel good about myself for personally rescuing people. When you grow up and you hear a billion times that you're living in the most exciting days in history when you will see Jesus return... I wanted to be right there when Jesus appears at the Mount of Olives and love Him so much, I didn't want to wait for him to make it to the US to get me, because I didn't want to wait an instant longer. And I could be a vital part of the closing of human history on the earth.

I now believe that the abomination of desolation took place in 70 AD when Nero entered the Temple in Jerusalem, along with most of the stuff that is described in the Apocalypse. I'm waiting to see how it all really plays out.

Wasn't there some discussion a while back about how Jim Bob has Jewish ancestors? Or did I make that up?

Was that from the wig wearing chihuahua line of ancestors or through the lego man line of ancestors?

See how mysterious and exciting it all is? I thought I could go to Israel and could be a part of helping to rebuild Solomon's Temple, and while there, I could tell people about Jesus and convert them to Christianity so I could have lots of pearls in my crown when I got to heaven and I could feel good about myself for personally rescuing people. When you grow up and you hear a billion times that you're living in the most exciting days in history when you will see Jesus return... I wanted to be right there when Jesus appears at the Mount of Olives and love Him so much, I didn't want to wait for him to make it to the US to get me, because I didn't want to wait an instant longer. And I could be a vital part of the closing of human history on the earth.

I now believe that the abomination of desolation took place in 70 AD when Nero entered the Temple in Jerusalem, along with most of the stuff that is described in the Apocalypse. I'm waiting to see how it all really plays out.

I've read that the "Beast" from revelation is supposed to be Nero, but he died in 68 and wasn't responsible for the Temple's destruction in 70.

dont know about that, but i did spot what appeared to be an engagement ring on jana. anyone else notice?

Are you sure it wasn't a purity ring?

I've read that the "Beast" from revelation is supposed to be Nero, but he died in 68 and wasn't responsible for the Temple's destruction in 70.

That's why I disengaged from the whole eschatology thing anyway. History is my worst subject, unless it has some kind of major ideology attached to it. I would have to become an expert in history and church history and the Bible and the language and comparative religion and God knows what else to even begin to evaluate what the heck is going on. Add that to the translation issues and understanding the culture and...

What I despise is the use of fear to manipulate people, so I went amillennial (in terms of eschatology) for a time, and now I don't care much about it. There are more important issues and bigger concerns from where I am at this point. I'm still working on the red letters and getting them down. I went from wearing the Star of David into building friendships with real Jewish friends which is a heck of a lot more productive and requires you to do a lot more thinking.

Wasn't there some discussion a while back about how Jim Bob has Jewish ancestors? Or did I make that up?

Yeah he did: there's some stuff about it on the main 'Duggars in Israel' thread. I believe his mother was a Jewish convert, but I don't know when they converted so she might not be very Jewish culturally.

Are you sure it wasn't a purity ring?

I thought so at first too. We hit rewind and it looked like an engagement ring. I think she was standing next to Jessa at this time, and we noticed she wasn't wearing a ring, so we kind of ruled out purity ring. Could be totally wrong though. Might just be a ring. Although Jana has been kind of absent lately.

If you'd watched the first Indiana Jones movie, you'd know that the Ark is lost somewhere in a US government warehouse.

Yeah he did: there's some stuff about it on the main 'Duggars in Israel' thread. I believe his mother was a Jewish convert, but I don't know when they converted so she might not be very Jewish culturally.

Yes, that was the thread! I couldn't remember how recent that discussion was. Thank you :)

I think it may be more simple then people think. gothards control. remember the no eating pork thing? well this may be the same thing and it may be a simple way to Gauge how well his followers are following.

I think it may be more simple then people think. gothards control. remember the no eating pork thing? well this may be the same thing and it may be a simple way to Gauge how well his followers are following.

If that were the case though, wouldn't they all be wearing one, not just one of the girls?

If that were the case though, wouldn't they all be wearing one, not just one of the girls?

we are talking gothard the fruitcake here. I mean the whole pork thing is lame and not supported in the new testament so why not this only for females?

we are talking gothard the fruitcake here. I mean the whole pork thing is lame and not supported in the new testament so why not this only for females?

Don't get me wrong, I think he's nuts, but it still wouldn't make sense to have only one of the girls doing it even if it were a gender thing. Even if that were the case it would be all of girls, I would think.

Archived