IGNORED

Rebecca K. - commenter on the Maxwell blog!!11!!!!

Guest purposing

I hear it's best that way. :)

So funny. I was looking at "Dad, the handsome groom" and thinking Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade. Seriously, I had images of Rebecca holding a bloody carving knife when I saw her with Sarah.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like her so far. She won me over with this entry about her dog.

hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/2011/10/chloe.html

Also, the cakes in this post look pretty good.

http://www.hiswayserves.com/2011/04/cake-post.html

I like the way she writes "Here's pictures of cakes the Lord has helped us make." I wish the Lord would help me bake more often. Be awesome right now if He'd just put the laundry away.

I'd like it if the Lord would do the bathroom floors and vacuum a little.

That teddybear cake reminds me of the cakes my aunt made us inthe 1970's and 80's. My best ever cake was Michael Jackson and his hair looked just like that teddybear.

Edit because I just saw the wedding pictures. The dress...there are really no words.

Damn, clibbyjo, you made me spit out my drink from laughing. :lol:

I appreciate the effort they've gone to to ensure that all the men have real, tie-your-own bow ties...but the dad appears to have picked up Pavarotti's by mistake.

(I'm also slightly disappointed to find out what she meant by 'bounteneers'; I was hoping it was a sort of cross between a bounty hunter and a buccaneer...)

I feel really horrible writing this but I really hope they didn't pay someone to style their hair like that for the vow renewals. Maybe by stylist she means a friend of the family or someone from their church stopped by to braid their hair? Because honestly the hair styles are awful and I think any professional stylist would be ashamed of sending people out looking like that.

Some of her cakes are pretty good. Some are kind things I would be proud to make at home, but not something to sell. Maybe those were the starter cakes and she has gotten better?

She is way too happy for the Maxwells. Steve would probably view her cake making as an idol or something.

I am just relieved that, at least judging by the news article, the family seems to respond appropriately to things like kids just disappearing into the woods. Dog came home sans child, parents called police. YAY.

I have so low expectations for fundy parenting, given the many fundies we read about, that I half expected the article to say "...the girl disappeared on Sunday afternoon but her parents assumed she was hiding to avoid chores and did not look for her until Monday when her father returned from work..."

Also, that poor girl is about exactly as blonde as me, and a poster child for why it's so cruel to make women forego makeup. She wouldn't look so weird and rabbity if you could see her eyebrows or eyelashes, with even just a hint of pencil or mascara.

My cakes suck (but taste really good) as far as decorating, I would be happy if I could decorate like that but certainly would not charge for them. As in, I would be happy if I could make a b-day cake that pretty for my kids.

As long as you use the good icing and not that whipped cream crap, which is NOT icing, I will gladly eat your ugly cakes. After all, cake is cake! Unless it's bad cake, then it's crap. ;p

Paisy wrote:

I'm not one to snark too much on people's looks, or at least I try not to. After all we must work with what we are given. So I won't remark on Rebecca's looks except to say (because I feel I can no longer refrain from doing so) that in many of her pictures she looks as though she'd really like to eat my liver.

Both she and Peter Bradrick have got a case of the crazy eyes. How very Vincent D'Onofrio in Full Metal Jacket.

tt0093058

tt0093058

Edited to add: Why aren't my pictures showing?

As long as you use the good icing and not that whipped cream crap, which is NOT icing, I will gladly eat your ugly cakes. After all, cake is cake! Unless it's bad cake, then it's crap. ;p

Both she and Peter Bradrick have got a case of the crazy eyes. How very Vincent D'Onofrio in Full Metal Jacket.

tt0093058

tt0093058

Edited to add: Why aren't my pictures showing?

Because Satan doesn't want them to. Fight his power!

Um, because the url in between the img html taggy things is to the webpage where the image is, not the url of the image itself. If you're directly linking to the image itself, the url of the first one is

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BM ... SY418_.jpg

not

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2246674176/tt0093058

which is what you have in your tags.

The way you get to that image is to right click 'view image', which will show just the image itself in your browser, and the .jpg url above as its address.

Buuuut, hotlinking is generally not cool, so it's better to save that image to your computer and upload it to an image hosting site. Just make sure that when you try the -img- tags again that you have the url of the actual image itself in between. Usually image hosting sites will give the whole -img- thing to you, so you just have to copy and paste anyway.

Does anyone have more info on the Wilkersons? Besides that news article? I'd be fascinated to read how they help their special needs kids and all that. They seem pretty decent people, at least in how they behaved with the girl going missing.

The Ritters (have I got all these names right?) sound pretty impressive and a bit like katie from kissesfromkatie, adopting the kids who most need to be loved. I mean yeah that's a ridiculous number of kids, but it sounds like since the ages are so far apart they only take in one kid at a time and that kid has time to adjust before another comes in, and it does sound like it does wonders for them in terms of recovery. It sounded like donations went straight to helping kids, like they truly care and do everything they can to help all of them. And I guess I like the actual school house with pretty typical school hours. I would really love to read more about them, seriously and not for snark.

Does anyone have more info on the Wilkersons? Besides that news article? I'd be fascinated to read how they help their special needs kids and all that. They seem pretty decent people, at least in how they behaved with the girl going missing.

Here's a news clip of Rachel and her father from after the ordeal. She's an adorable little girl. I'm glad she's all right.

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-missin ... 0639.story

I thought the prayer request was about adopting Mary Anna or whatever the girl's name was, which she posted yesterday didn't work out? I mean she didn't say it directly I just assumed. I'd have to go back to her blog this morning to double check.

Edited: Just checked here hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/2011_11_01_archive.html and I'm pretty sure it was Mary Annah's (sorry for misspelling earlier) adoption that she must have been talking about, though I didn't read all the posts from prayer request to now.

Also, because I'm not the nicest person, are they all a bit heavier or are they just wearing a bajillion layers to hide their figures so as not to give men bad thoughts? That said, at least they appear to have genuine happy smiles, which is more than some fundy families we snark on.

I can't help but be curious about what happened with the adoption, considering they had an adoption ceremony for her back in May (though I suppose maybe that wasn't the official end of the paperwork, but only the beginning, or something?).

It HAS to be hard for the kid.

I can not believe any of you! No one has suggested that these cakes belong on cake wrecks!!1! For shame!

May I quit with the ! now? Her blog makes me crazy with all the !!!!!!.

Guest Anonymous
The Wilkerson family: sadly, Mary Annah's adoption didn't work out

which is disappointing. But Mr. and Mrs. Wilkerson have been being

treated very unkindly by some people lately and it's taking it's toll on

the children too. Keep praying for them!

This girl is the queen of understatement.

I wonder if the whole family lack intelligence and empathy, or if there is anyone in the clan who might have a word with her about what is appropriate to talk about on a public blog? :?

The adoption party was in May: http://www.hiswayserves.com/2011/05/spring-recital.html

This girl is the queen of understatement.

I wonder if the whole family lack intelligence and empathy, or if there is anyone in the clan who might have a word with her about what is appropriate to talk about on a public blog? :?

The adoption party was in May: http://www.hiswayserves.com/2011/05/spring-recital.html

I don't know what happened with the adoption and it's none of my business anyway. But it's heartbreaking to look at those "adoption party" photos after knowing the little girl has since been taken away for whatever reason. Wherever she is, I hope she finds her forever family!

I am going to make a guess here and say that the girl I have heard about befriending the Maxwell girls and family is Rebecca, who I hear is on a mission to snare Joseph or John and get one of them to the alter with her.

I see from the pictures she is even taking on the dressing in cotton frumpers.

I never heard the girls name because that would have been gossiping. I only heard of her in regard to some of things they, the Maxwell's, must have in their life as a result of their ministry.

Guest Anonymous

Are the Kleins more genuinely accepted friends of the Maxwells - I have wondered if any of their sons have been considered for Sarah or Anna?

I can not believe any of you! No one has suggested that these cakes belong on cake wrecks!!1! For shame!

May I quit with the ! now? Her blog makes me crazy with all the !!!!!!.

I was thinking of Cakewrecks, but that's (supposed to be) for bad cakes made by professionals. I haven't been to the site in awhile, so maybe it's changed?

The picture of the white wedding cake was just so...blah. How much white do you need? Add a little color. The whole thing was lost in its own whiteness.

Archived