IGNORED

Rebecca K. - commenter on the Maxwell blog!!11!!!!

Guest purposing

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is silly, but does it bother anyone that the blog address is hiswayserves-hiswayserves? That just looks strange to me to have that phrase repeated.

I'm sorry but I have to clarify--the girl in the shiny purple god awful dress is 20 years old?! She looks between 10 and 12 to me.

The whole scene was like the fashion sins of the 1980s just exploded.

That picture of Rebecca K. and Sarah Maxwell? Textbook example of smiling with your mouth but not your eyes. Especially Sarah.

Yet somehow Sarah doesn't look fucking creepy. there is something about Rebecca K.'s smile that creeps me the fuck out. I don't get that from Sarah.

Guest Anonymous
I'm sorry but I have to clarify--the girl in the shiny purple god awful dress is 20 years old?! She looks between 10 and 12 to me.

The whole scene was like the fashion sins of the 1980s just exploded.

It looks like the sort of dress you'd find in the Disney Princess section at Walmart. :lol:

DSCF7392.jpg

Jeez, she's 20?? I thought she was a twelve year old wearing a dress more suited to a six year old.

ETA: I feel terrible for saying this, but that is one homely family. But Mom has a talent for flower arranging.

It would probably look cute on a 6 year old. But not on a 20 year old.

She looks and acts like she's trying to be 6 again. But it's so creepy at the same time.

Jeez, she's 20?? I thought she was a twelve year old wearing a dress more suited to a six year old.

ETA: I feel terrible for saying this, but that is one homely family. But Mom has a talent for flower arranging.

Now I only feel slightly terrible about thinking it!

It looks like Rebecca's friend Abi, in this photo is the illustrator of Sarah Maxwell's books. A sinful pleasure-seeker who attends church picnics, by the look if things......

101_0023.JPG

That is the frumpiest bunch I have ever seen.

For homemade cakes, I don't think her cakes are that bad. If she is trying to pass herself off as a professional baker, though, she's terrible. The layers on the wedding cake are uneven. One seems to be tilting.

My God. Those dresses are awful.

I thought it was more like a 22nd anniversary renewal of wedding vows, I remember it being an unusual number. I've heard of people doing that at 25 or 50 years but 20 or 22, whatever it was, no. And do people really have like a second wedding all over again, complete with wedding gown, bridesmaids, flower girls? That just seemed weird. And since the Mom wore the same wedding dress it wasn't like she hadn't had one the first time round. Some people who do this had a justice of the peace wedding first time and want a "real" wedding complete with dress and all the other trappings. The dresses were awful. The flowers were nice though.

bounteneers I assume she meant "boutonnieres." SOTDRT fail.

Also, I'm sorry, but a full dress redo of a wedding for a 20th anniversary vow renewal is just weird.

I would be proud to produce some of those cakes, not gonna lie. But I wouldn't think about charging for them.

It's possible they are just not my style... I am not a baker by any stretch so perhaps I don't understand the level of difficulty. But the one cake was missing a chunk of colored piping along the edge and I just do. not. like that wedding cake :?

Not that any of that means I could make anything better :D

Guest Anonymous

I thought it was more like a 22nd anniversary renewal of wedding vows, I remember it being an unusual number. I've heard of people doing that at 25 or 50 years but 20 or 22, whatever it was, no. And do people really have like a second wedding all over again, complete with wedding gown, bridesmaids, flower girls? That just seemed weird. And since the Mom wore the same wedding dress it wasn't like she hadn't had one the first time round. Some people who do this had a justice of the peace wedding first time and want a "real" wedding complete with dress and all the other trappings. The dresses were awful. The flowers were nice though.

The Oct 24 post was a belated tribute to her parents' 22nd anniversary, which took place earlier in October. But for some reason, she did not refer to the 22nd anniversary but posted pictures from the 20th anniversary that took place 2 years ago, when Rebecca was 18...... :whistle:

They are obviously a relatively poor family who are doing their best with what they have, and so I am feeling guilty now for the snark. :oops:

But I can't stop myself, I just don't get why you would stretch the limited resources you have to make a cheap polysatin nightmare of a mock wedding, when you could ditch the frou frou satin and flowers, make yourselves some new 'best' wearable-after-the-event clothes, maybe visit a real hairstylist and have an informal celebration with good friends and nice food.

So, this is the one that finally makes me register!

Looking through her blog, I found that they are around St. Louis MO. This proximity to me impels me to act. (I'm from StL and I'm currently in grad school in Columbia MO).

First: homely was my first thought- to put it kindly, they are unfortunate looking. To put it unkindly, they PAID someone to make their hair like that?

Second: more fundies who are incapable of separating ages, sexes, anything. There was a post about a bridal shower that included little girls, the husband and babies, prayers, and talk of courting, etc. Shouldn't a bridal shower be, I don't know, fun? Even if you don't go the slutty lingerie route, it's still not really a kid thing.

Also, at one event, teenage? girls appeared to be playing ring around the rosie, without littler children. Acceptable when young adultish and drunk, creepy when fundie.

PS I was kallyk25 at TWoP, but I never post there b/c of the awful moderators.

Welcome, Haligh the Liar! I don't think you'll find the mods here at FJ to be a problem. :D

That is the frumpiest bunch I have ever seen.

For homemade cakes, I don't think her cakes are that bad. If she is trying to pass herself off as a professional baker, though, she's terrible. The layers on the wedding cake are uneven. One seems to be tilting.

They didn't do that wedding cake. It appears to be a gift made by a friend.

As for the picnic picture: The Elderly Disapprove of Your Frumperiness.

Why oh why does this girl keep referring to their friends with their first and last name? It is driving me nutty (don't ask why I am still reading :D )

Now I'm by no means a stunner but this girl is so incredibly unfortunate looking it is just sad.

bounteneers I assume she meant "boutonnieres." SOTDRT fail.

Oooooooh, yeah. Now that you say it I see the similarity. :eusa-think: Definitely SOTDRT failure!

And as someone who spends her time watching strangers braiding their hair on youtube instead of learning: I wouldn't have paid for that. Hairspray is your friend!

Guest Anonymous
Why oh why does this girl keep referring to their friends with their first and last name? It is driving me nutty (don't ask why I am still reading :D )

So that we can stalk, their blogs of course! :lol:

I am currently trying to find the Ritter family, with 23 adopted children, who are pictured on R's sister's blog, and also attended the Maxwell conference.....

Archived