IGNORED

Rebecca K. - commenter on the Maxwell blog!!11!!!!

Guest purposing

I am going to make a guess here and say that the girl I have heard about befriending the Maxwell girls and family is Rebecca, who I hear is on a mission to snare Joseph or John and get one of them to the alter with her.

I see from the pictures she is even taking on the dressing in cotton frumpers.

I never heard the girls name because that would have been gossiping. I only heard of her in regard to some of things they, the Maxwell's, must have in their life as a result of their ministry.

So, the Maxwells don't care for Rebecca, but rather see her as a hanger-on? Or somebody to be put up with?

Interesting.

I can't blame the girl for crushing on John and Joseph, though. She must be pretty obvious about it if the Maxwells know about it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking of Cakewrecks, but that's (supposed to be) for bad cakes made by professionals. I haven't been to the site in awhile, so maybe it's changed?

The picture of the white wedding cake was just so...blah. How much white do you need? Add a little color. The whole thing was lost in its own whiteness.

If they charge for their cakes...which i bet they do..well that is what CW thinks is professional.

So, the Maxwells don't care for Rebecca, but rather see her as a hanger-on? Or somebody to be put up with?

Interesting.

I can't blame the girl for crushing on John and Joseph, though. She must be pretty obvious about it if the Maxwells know about it.

I wonder if the Maxwells feel contempt for their customers/followers in general?

From reading Rebecca's blog, she comes off as a nice, sincere, naive young girl who cares about the people around her. It irks me that the Maxwells would look down on her. They could actually learn a few things from Rebecca. She has real friends, for one thing. In one series of photos about a church picnic, I saw women in pants as well as women in long skirts and headscarves. There are black families (or maybe one large black family?) among her circle of friends. If Rebecca married a Maxwell, she would have to give up all of these relationships to be isolated with people who wouldn't treat her well.

I don't know what happened with the adoption and it's none of my business anyway. But it's heartbreaking to look at those "adoption party" photos after knowing the little girl has since been taken away for whatever reason. Wherever she is, I hope she finds her forever family!

NOMB either but I wonder, was she "taken away" or "sent away"? Rebecca writes that the adoption didn't work out, which makes me think that the adoption was final back in May but then, for whatever reason, the Wilkersons chose to terminate the adoption. Who knows, maybe the child didn't respond well to being beating with plumbing line?

I wonder if the Maxwells feel contempt for their customers/followers in general?

From reading Rebecca's blog, she comes off as a nice, sincere, naive young girl who cares about the people around her. It irks me that the Maxwells would look down on her. They could actually learn a few things from Rebecca. She has real friends, for one thing. In one series of photos about a church picnic, I saw women in pants as well as women in long skirts and headscarves. There are black families (or maybe one large black family?) among her circle of friends. If Rebecca married a Maxwell, she would have to give up all of these relationships to be isolated with people who wouldn't treat her well.

I agree that marriage to a Maxwell would not be step up in her life. However the family comes off, and I also agree that she seems very naive, they have a life. There are people around them, they see family and help family (they seem to do a lot of babysitting for those baby cousins), they participate in church events. Marrying a Maxwell would put an end to all that in her life.

Overall, I don't think any girl could marry into that family and have a happy life, I really don't. Not unless they've been brought up exactly the same way - and in that case, how would she ever meet them in the first place since none of them ever leaves the family or home for anything other than conferences?

Sarah, Mary and Anna at least have a chance - in theory - by being the ones to marry into a different family. The boys? Their future wives are all doomed.

NOMB either but I wonder, was she "taken away" or "sent away"? Rebecca writes that the adoption didn't work out, which makes me think that the adoption was final back in May but then, for whatever reason, the Wilkersons chose to terminate the adoption. Who knows, maybe the child didn't respond well to being beating with plumbing line?

I went back and looked through some of the recent entries. In mid-September, when Rebecca and her friends went to see the Maxwells, it mentions that the Wilkersons were supposed to finalize Mary's adoption on November 7th and there are photos of Mary with the rest of the family.

On October 12th-- less than a month after the Maxwell conference-- Rebecca asks her readers to pray for the Wilkersons, who were "in the midst of a very, very major issue right now and it is heartbreaking."

Over the next few weeks, photos of the other Wilkerson children appear on Rebecca's blog. Rebecca continues to request prayers for the family. Mary is nowhere to be seen. Then on November 9th, two days after Mary's adoption was supposed to be finalized, Rebecca announces that the adoption didn't work out and that Mr. and Mrs. Wilkerson had been "treated very unkindly by some people lately." That's what made me believe that Mary was taken away rather than sent away. My first guess was the social workers decided to remove her from the home for some reason. But it's possible that Mary was indeed sent away and the unkind treatment was a reaction from people who felt the Wilkersons should have kept the child. This is a couple who have already adopted four children with fetal alcohol syndrome, so we're not talking about someone like that Emmy lady we discussed on the old Free Jinger board. In case you missed it, Emmy and her husband had several biological children plus two kids adopted from Haiti. Emmy made no secret of the fact that she couldn't stand the adopted children. Her descriptions of the children's behavior indicated that they did have some issues, but instead of trying to work through these problems, she blamed the children and eventually sent them away. I don't get this same vibe from the Wilkerson family, but of course I could be wrong.

Guest Anonymous

I went back and looked through some of the recent entries. In mid-September, when Rebecca and her friends went to see the Maxwells, it mentions that the Wilkersons were supposed to finalize Mary's adoption on November 7th and there are photos of Mary with the rest of the family.

On October 12th-- less than a month after the Maxwell conference-- Rebecca asks her readers to pray for the Wilkersons, who were "in the midst of a very, very major issue right now and it is heartbreaking."

Over the next few weeks, photos of the other Wilkerson children appear on Rebecca's blog. Rebecca continues to request prayers for the family. Mary is nowhere to be seen. Then on November 9th, two days after Mary's adoption was supposed to be finalized, Rebecca announces that the adoption didn't work out and that Mr. and Mrs. Wilkerson had been "treated very unkindly by some people lately." That's what made me believe that Mary was taken away rather than sent away. My first guess was the social workers decided to remove her from the home for some reason. But it's possible that Mary was indeed sent away and the unkind treatment was a reaction from people who felt the Wilkersons should have kept the child. This is a couple who have already adopted four children with fetal alcohol syndrome, so we're not talking about someone like that Emmy lady we discussed on the old Free Jinger board. In case you missed it, Emmy and her husband had several biological children plus two kids adopted from Haiti. Emmy made no secret of the fact that she couldn't stand the adopted children. Her descriptions of the children's behavior indicated that they did have some issues, but instead of trying to work through these problems, she blamed the children and eventually sent them away. I don't get this same vibe from the Wilkerson family, but of course I could be wrong.

Whatever the cause of the disruption, it was extremely foolish of them to have an adoption celebration 6 months before the deal was finalised. They have even gone as far as to change the names of their adopted children - how much more disturbing can it be, than to be adopted into a new family, re-named, only to have to leave 6 months later. :?

Archived