IGNORED

Steve Maxwell's rude e-mail reply

junebug

IMO, Steve is their Idol. They worship him and whatever he says goes. He's used to be treated like a G-d. Remember praying to see Chipmunks instead of feeling free to ask Grandpa/Dad/Husband to detour to see them. Same with the Grand Canyon.

Don't dare disagree because he will take away your sports, Pepsi, or whatever other pleasure you have in life.

Guest Anonymous

I think he is just a terse, nasty piece of work who can't help himself. This rudeness is entirely consistent with the rest of his behaviour and is likely part of the reason the interest in attending Maxwell conferences is declining.

I imagine him not just to feel stalked by blog followers, but taunted by them. He is someone with self-confessed anger problems and is probably exploding inside at the loss of control over C & A's life, and his need to admit this on the blog.

Maybe others would consider Christopher's privacy if his own father didn't plaster pictures of him on their web site and announce their pregnancy. Um, you make lives public in order to get attention, how can you do anything but expect response?

I'm disappointed there was no bible verse. I love, love, love their attempts to come up with one that perfectly fits every situation - every situation of theirs, of course, that obviously coincide with their thoughts.

We gave Nathan and Melanie a lot of room/privacy when they were first married and we have with C &A as well. Something to consider.

Meeeeee-ow. Maybe Steve was pissed he had to correspond with a woman rather than delegating this task to one of his 'technically untrained by oh-so encouraging' daughters.

Hey, but at least his answer here is better than the one his son gave at the ITonRamp site when asked about whether the company allows for payment plans:

Do you have a payment plan?

Yes, but it's not what you're thinking. Break the course fee down into the size and quantity of payments you are comfortable with. Then, we would encourage you to take each payment, put it in an envelope and set it aside. When you have the tuition amount in your envelope, deposit it in your bank and register for the course online. You will have learned your first valuable lesson from your association with ITonRamp.

Envelopes...."you will hve your first lesson..." My goodness, all that was missing was a "Bless your heart."

But then, they're not Southern. :lol:

I wouldn't call Steve's snottiness "rude." I'd call it dismissive and snide and smug.

Is his anger problem discussed in the current blog? I had zippo interest n these flat, monochromatic people for the longest time. Then Anna with the improbably beautiful (and confined) curly blonde hair came along, and my interest peaked.

But I can't look at their photos very long. There's just something ... very, very off about them. They don't seem alive. Oh, they exercise and they kayak and they hike and have nice houses, and that bus. But they make me uneasy.

Meeeeee-ow. Maybe Steve was pissed he had to correspond with a woman rather than delegating this task to one of his 'technically untrained by oh-so encouraging' daughters.

Hey, but at least his answer here is better than the one his son gave at the ITonRamp site when asked about whether the company allows for payment plans:

Wow, the arrogance of that family!

Guest Anonymous
Envelopes...."you will hve your first lesson..." My goodness, all that was missing was a "Bless your heart."

But then, they're not Southern. :lol:

I wouldn't call Steve's snottiness "rude." I'd call it dismissive and snide and smug.

Is his anger problem discussed in the current blog? I had zippo interest n these flat, monochromatic people for the longest time. Then Anna with the improbably beautiful (and confined) curly blonde hair came along, and my interest peaked.

The anger problem was mentioned frequently on the blog and in the corners as the children were growing up. He used to snap at them if they didn't work efficiently at conferences, and he used to feel rage at their bad table manners. John seemed to be a particular focus of his irritation. Steve dealt with it, not by examining and dealing with the root of his rage, but by finding quiet, cruel ways to treat them instead, so the anger did not show on the surface. So, instead of shouting at the dinner table, he would hold one finger up as a warning for each 'offence' (chewing loudly was an example of an offence...) and after three offences they had to leave the table, miss the meal and get (Pearlite, we assume) consequences after.

I imagine him lifting one finger as a warning, in response to each FJ comment that offends him. The consequence will probably involve bullets one day....

That payment thing cracks me up. Why not just say, no, we do not accept a payment plan.

Do they take *gasp* credit cards as payment?

The anger problem was mentioned frequently on the blog and in the corners as the children were growing up. He used to snap at them if they didn't work efficiently at conferences, and he used to feel rage at their bad table manners. John seemed to be a particular focus of his irritation. Steve dealt with it, not by examining and dealing with the root of his rage, but by finding quiet, cruel ways to treat them instead, so the anger did not show on the surface. So, instead of shouting at the dinner table, he would hold one finger up as a warning for each 'offence' (chewing loudly was an example of an offence...) and after three offences they had to leave the table, miss the meal and get (Pearlite, we assume) consequences after.

I imagine him lifting one finger as a warning, in response to each FJ comment that offends him. The consequence will probably involve bullets one day....

:occasion-happyhalloween: I actually wanted a barf emoticon, because this nauseates me. But along the Mel Brooks' school of dealing with bad people by laughing at them .... Happy Halloween.

Everything just kind of fell into place with that post. I've known guys w/anger problems, most of us have. Everything fits - the excruciatingly plastered hair on the men, the straight, lifeless hair for the women, control, control, control. Spontenaity? whimsy? Pepsi and newspapers? Steve's mentioned issues of anger and resentment at his father, right?

This is why I find their situation repulsive, I guess. It's heart- and soul-breaking. Bless those children, and I don't mean that in a put-down way.

I seriously doubt they take credit cards as you (the business) are charged a credit card fee every time you accept a transaction. That would cut into profits, let alone you know they are against credit cards.

Maybe others would consider Christopher's privacy if his own father didn't plaster pictures of him on their web site and announce their pregnancy. Um, you make lives public in order to get attention, how can you do anything but expect response?

I'm disappointed there was no bible verse. I love, love, love their attempts to come up with one that perfectly fits every situation - every situation of theirs, of course, that obviously coincide with their thoughts.

Yes, basically an MYOB verse.

Steve is Mr. Terse, isn't he? Remember when someone commented on Christopher's engagement post by asking how Christopher and NR-Anna met? An understandable question, probably asked of newly engaged couples everyday. A very terse, "By the grace of God", was Steve's helpful, friendly reply. What a jackass.

This is the first I've heard about Steve's anger problem -- soooo interesting! Not surprising, but interesting that I'd never read anything about it. My guess is that each of those children have been spanked many times or otherwise abused to become the smiling children they are. Anyone know about that?

This is the first I've heard about Steve's anger problem -- soooo interesting! Not surprising, but interesting that I'd never read anything about it. My guess is that each of those children have been spanked many times or otherwise abused to become the smiling children they are. Anyone know about that?

Well once upon a time they did follow the Pearls and Ezzo, so I imagine they used corporal punishment. I wonder if they ever talked about it on their Moms Board?

Well once upon a time they did follow the Pearls and Ezzo, so I imagine they used corporal punishment. I wonder if they ever talked about it on their Moms Board?

Yes! Is there a link to this or is there anyone on this board with inside info? I really want to know how they disciplined their children alongside ruining birthdays....

and yes, Steve is an arrogant, ignorant, cruel, manipulative, snide, likely a pervert little boy who cannot call himself a man.

Guest Anonymous

Yes! Is there a link to this or is there anyone on this board with inside info? I really want to know how they disciplined their children alongside ruining birthdays....

and yes, Steve is an arrogant, ignorant, cruel, manipulative, snide, likely a pervert little boy who cannot call himself a man.

If you look on wayback machine, they make references to the Pearls. In the article about the mealtimes, I think Steve mentioned that they would stop their 'bad' behaviour in order to avoid painful consequences. If you look back to the FJ thread where ClibbyJo and Demgirl went to one of their conferences, I think in their notes they said Steve clapped his hands together to make a smacking sound when talking about consequences. These days they talk about having 'taught' Abby to stay on her blanket for blanket time... I think they are savvy enough not to use the term 'spanking' on the blog these days but I don't doubt the children were physically abused for being children,

If you look on wayback machine, they make references to the Pearls. In the article about the mealtimes, I think Steve mentioned that they would stop their 'bad' behaviour in order to avoid painful consequences. If you look back to the FJ thread where ClibbyJo and Demgirl went to one of their conferences, I think in their notes they said Steve clapped his hands together to make a smacking sound when talking about consequences. These days they talk about having 'taught' Abby to stay on her blanket for blanket time... I think they are savvy enough not to use the term 'spanking' on the blog these days but I don't doubt the children were physically abused for being children,

Really, Steve & Teri "taught" Abby this? :( Shouldn't it be up to her parents? I guess they took back the "space" they gave them when they were first married.....

Guest Anonymous

Really, Steve & Teri "taught" Abby this? :( Shouldn't it be up to her parents? I guess they took back the "space" they gave them when they were first married.....

No, sorry, I was referring to the Maxwells generally. Melanie and Nathan do the parenting but Teri has written about it.

Mind you, Melanie was on bedrest for some months with the last pregnancy, so who knows what Teri got up to during that time...

This is the first I've heard about Steve's anger problem -- soooo interesting!

Check this out from Steve's September 1996 Corner:

Unfortunately I feel our words are often like rocks in the hands of boys. We carelessly give them a good toss, and then after they are out of reach, desperately wish we could take them back. But once they are in motion, there is nothing that can be done. It is so easy to think I can apologize and it will be OK. Ever throw a rock through a window? All of the "I'm sorry's" in the world will not put that window back together like new. Even with painstaking gluing, the cracks will be seen forever.

I can remember something I said to Teri over 15 years ago, which can bring tears to her eyes even now, at the mention of it. More recently there was an incident just the other night when I said something harshly to one of my children. It breaks my heart as I recollect the hurt expression which enveloped their face, almost a look of betrayal. I wish I could take it back, but it's too late. With both of those incidents I have humbled myself and asked their forgiveness. Asking forgiveness is a critical step as it stops bitterness from growing and destroying a relationship, but it does not eliminate the pain. The only way to avoid other's pain is to not hurt them in the first place.

Granted, no one is perfect, and many people have said something harsh or cruel in the heat of the moment that they later wished they'd never said, but when I first read that Corner, I remember thinking, "Damn, what he said must've been pretty damn bad if Teri was still crying about it fifteen years later." Also, why would he bring it up if knew that it'd make her cry? I'm also kind of curious about what he said to her. Anyway, does that ping anyone else's WTF-dar?

Check this out from Steve's September 1996 Corner:

Granted, no one is perfect, and many people have said something harsh or cruel in the heat of the moment that they later wished they'd never said, but when I first read that Corner, I remember thinking, "Damn, what he said must've been pretty damn bad if Teri was still crying about it fifteen years later." Also, why would he bring it up if knew that it'd make her cry? I'm also kind of curious about what he said to her. Anyway, does that ping anyone else's WTF-dar?

That is seriously messed up!

What an ass.

That's a real generous, warm-hearted reply, Steve-o. I can really tell that the spirit of Christ dwells within you. :roll:

*snort*

I noticed that he has a habit of being rather short in his replies.

You know, I just thought that Steve was probably receiving dozens of these kinds of emails, started out replying rather nicely but then got so sick of it he just became rather rude.

Of course, I skipped from page 1 to page 3, so now that theory's gone out the window, and now I think Steve is a total ass.

Archived