IGNORED

Oh those Arndt "Men"

0 kids n not countin

And there are just so.many.of.them. I think the parents are just incredibly dorky, and the kids are dorky too. I watched their special and it was just softball this, softball that :roll: I don't think they have anything else going on in their lives. It is unreasonable of them to think that they are all going to find some virgin to marry, especially since the older boys are probably already 30 or getting close.

I think the problem is they all just have zero social skills - but their parents seem like that too.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2011-11-04_16-03-33_41.jpg

A bearded John feeding the meter.

Come on now, how is this in any form interesting? Geeky yes, I totally agree, he sort of reminds me of one of those missionaries who go door to door.

He finds it exciting that his brother now has a beard? Seriously? I remember when I was like 5 my uncle grew a beard and I didn't recognize him and thought it was like having a "new uncle". But Seth is almost 20!

I looked at the profiles to find how old Seth was, and now I'm reading them all. They are creepy. Even the bios of the oldest kids look like they were written by kindergartners. "I don't like beef stew because it looks like dog food." :lol:

I don't think they've updated those profiles in years. Not that the oldests ones were kindergarteners but I think they've been the same for a good five plus years.

Other than being totally horny on their honeymoon, I wonder how the entire "purity" thing (0 to sexual intercourse etc.) affects fundy males. Does anyone know if there are any blogs or other info online where (ex)fundy males discuss their experiences?

Do you think they've ever talked to a female who wasn't their sister and mother?

I wonder what a wedding night would be like. Wanting to look at your wife's breast but have been trained for thirty years that they are evil and don't look or you'll go to hell. That indoctrination has to be harmful.

A "bearded John" sounds like a euphemism for a guy hiring a male prostitute because he's married to a woman to try to pass for straight. Beard and John are such common slang that they really should have just phrased that in a different order.

the Arndts were one of my "gateway" fundies.

The oldest boy/man (Paul) is my age, minus about a month. Differences? I've been on my own for 14 years, raising my son, working outside my home, and I am my own headship. The adult boys seem to talk about nothing but what another brother is doing, either work or softball.

Not only are the boy/men never going to find spouses, but what about poor Mary? The girl with 13 brothers? Try the nun with 13 brothers.. no man will make it on the property to "court" Mary

The adult boys seem to talk about nothing but what another brother is doing, either work or softball.

This made me LOL! SO true! They are all so intertwined that I just can't see any of them being able or willing to "leave and cleave" to a women as that would mean actually living outside the family home.

And don't get me started on Mary. I feel so sorry for that poor girl. Almost 15, wearing her hair in braids with no one except for a few female cousins to hang out with. Being perpetually lumped together with the rest of the "chubs" as the older boys call the young kids. Her life seems to consist of baking for her brothers and playing with stuffed penguins. And I'm sadly not kidding. Almost makes me angry.

Those young men are tempting me to set up a meet-up site for fundies looking for courtship.

Courtship leading to sweet, sweet fellowship.

A "bearded John" sounds like a euphemism for a guy hiring a male prostitute because he's married to a woman to try to pass for straight. Beard and John are such common slang that they really should have just phrased that in a different order.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who's mind went there.

This made me LOL! SO true! They are all so intertwined that I just can't see any of them being able or willing to "leave and cleave" to a women as that would mean actually living outside the family home.

And don't get me started on Mary. I feel so sorry for that poor girl. Almost 15, wearing her hair in braids with no one except for a few female cousins to hang out with. Being perpetually lumped together with the rest of the "chubs" as the older boys call the young kids. Her life seems to consist of baking for her brothers and playing with stuffed penguins. And I'm sadly not kidding. Almost makes me angry.

Don't forget she does get out of the house a lot in the evenings -- softball, softball and more softball -- over 100 games a year in multiple men's leagues -- no coed softball for this family. She gets to sit with mom and watch her brothers do men's stuff for nearly 1 out of 3 evenings each year, and because she's a girl, she will forever be the one left out sibling who never gets to participate.

2011-11-04_17-17-27_1.jpg

The bearded John is now playing Cut The Rope on his phone.

Oh to live the life of the bearded John...

Surely there must be some fundy female out there praying to the Lord for a bearded John to come into her life... :eusa-pray:

The bald one defraudes me. He should wear a hat for modesty's sake.

I believe he has alopeccia (sp?), not that that makes any difference regarding the defrauding.

I have a friend who married a very sheltered Fundie-lite man. She is the first to admit he is like a child in many ways. It is a huge turn off and makes their life financially difficult. 9 year old boys want to buy their toys before they pay the mortgage. However, she believes he is supposed to be the Headship. I just don't get it.

Courtship leading to sweet, sweet fellowship.

Nights of sweet, sweet fellowship. Unsupervised at that. Imagine the horror.

This is something I've wondered about these types of fundies. They are so afraid to be alone with anyone of the opposite gender who's not a sibling or a parent, what would happen if you left them alone?

I've even looked on the wayback machine at the early Arndt years, and they were equally as boring then. Nothing but talk of their softball team and that tournament they have every year.

Btw, has anyone else noticed their team name? "Safe at Home". Seriously.

Last, these men must have the self control of monks. That is a loooong time past puberty to live communally with a zillion other virgin men.

Nights of sweet, sweet fellowship. Unsupervised at that. Imagine the horror.

This is something I've wondered about these types of fundies. They are so afraid to be alone with anyone of the opposite gender who's not a sibling or a parent, what would happen if you left them alone?

They'd go through a period of extreme awkwardness, followed by a desperate attempt to flee to the nearest prayer closet to repent. If they were stuck together for some reason, they'd frantically call someone while standing in opposite corners of the room. It would be more awkward than your first middle school dance.

Guest LilaFowler

I will faint if there's ever word of an Arndt courtship. Well, unless it's a courtship between brothers. That wouldn't surprise me. :lol:

I have a friend who married a very sheltered Fundie-lite man. She is the first to admit he is like a child in many ways. It is a huge turn off and makes their life financially difficult. 9 year old boys want to buy their toys before they pay the mortgage. However, she believes he is supposed to be the Headship. I just don't get it.

Yep. I wouldn't marry any Arndt boys for the same reason I wouldn't marry anyone who hasn't ever had any independence. They all live rent-free and any money they make is basically pin money. They haven't gotten used to budgeting for a house/apartment, food, or anything else. They may have learned this stuff on paper, but so many little things crop up that you don't find out about until you actually go through it.

Yep. I wouldn't marry any Arndt boys for the same reason I wouldn't marry anyone who hasn't ever had any independence. They all live rent-free and any money they make is basically pin money. They haven't gotten used to budgeting for a house/apartment, food, or anything else. They may have learned this stuff on paper, but so many little things crop up that you don't find out about until you actually go through it.

Exactly, they really are not prepared foradulthood.

Edited because I went off on an unnecessary rant.

Archived