IGNORED

Harold Camping Repents, Apologizes for False Teachings

celestial

Uh oh. That might mean the end really is nigh. ;)

Well I can see one of the horsemen of the apocalypse, but that's because it's a poster on my wall.

Harumph. He alludes to the possibility that, through further study, the REAL date of the End might be found. I don't think he's apologized at all. In his statement, he emphasizes that people ought not to abandon God just because the end didn't happen when it predicted. What hubris. GOD didn't predict the end, Harold; YOU did. You and Family Radio are the ones who misled and failed people.

It really doesn't look like an apology to me.

It sounds exactly like his typical waffling and beating around the bush. He seems utterly incapable of admitting that he was wrong, wrong, wrongity *wrong*. It was a "miscalculation". He just needs to "study it more". psh.

Most of the commenters there are just arguing whether God exists or not. What does that have to do with Grandpa Campster 'repenting' ?

I'm waiting to see if there will be any lawsuits from followers who quit their jobs and gave away all of their money in anticipation of the end of days. It's only a matter of time.

There were even medical students who gave up their residencies. They are truly screwed- probably thousands of $ in student loan debt, and they cannot practice medicine without completing a residency. Having given up their spots, no one will touch them now. Granted, it's their own fault for being so stupid as to follow a false prophet, but still, some lawyer will see the possibility of some sort of suit.

I'm waiting to see if there will be any lawsuits from followers who quit their jobs and gave away all of their money in anticipation of the end of days. It's only a matter of time.

There were even medical students who gave up their residencies. They are truly screwed- probably thousands of $ in student loan debt, and they cannot practice medicine without completing a residency. Having given up their spots, no one will touch them now. Granted, it's their own fault for being so stupid as to follow a false prophet, but still, some lawyer will see the possibility of some sort of suit.

I don't think I'd want a doctor practicing medicine on me who had been so stupid as to give up a residency to follow this asshat's teachings anyway.

History does just repeat itself, doesn't it. The Millerites taught some people absolutely nothing.

Archived