IGNORED

Another questionable adoption blog-SHE FOUND US UPDATE

Milly-Molly-Mandy

God does not approve of lying. And by not allowing Flora's comment that shows the whole context of the quote, they are lying by ommision. Not setting a good Christian example are they?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice of him to take my comments out of context isn't it? I've called him out on it, left another couple of posts. I will be very surprised if they see the light of day.

He has now added the whole comment and posted this response:

Hey, Sola. I'm hoping you get this as I am trying to reply from my email. I published your entire comment with the post you commented on. I promise we were not trying to take anything out of context and will edit that post to include your entire comment.

To us, we are being snarked. And your list was criteria for being snarked. So Roddy posted it because we don't understand how it relates to us. I think I am beginning to understand and appreciate the time you took explaining all of it.

Will you let me know if you get this?

Thanks so much.

Jenny

Well now you are actually being snarked on because you referred to your adopted children as "strangers", the husband had to take over the blog, and you purposely took a comment out of context to make us look way worse. And really, you act like people who only have a couple of kids don't like them. That is pretty snark worthy.

I certainly appreciate the attempt to be clearer on Sola's comment; that makes me think better of her. But...

Well, I do understand the impulse to be bristly and defensive upon finding strangers discussing your life (and not favourably!), particularly if that's not the sort of thing you're used to. But that's what normally happens when a new blog is discovered, it's not what happened here. The discussion here, with tiny exceptions, was literally "Huh, is this bad?" "Nah, s'okay." That's... that's not snarking on someone. It's not something that needs to be defended against. ... Particularly with three dedicated posts.

Snarking that occurred on the first page (pretty much everything before the discovery):

"she's a nut" (well, if you're not used to the language used on the internet that might sting),

"You're wrong about the pill" (even if she disagrees, that's not snarking),

"she cares about her children" (not snarking),

"I don't like that anyone likes Debi Pearl" (not snarking),

"she's benign" (not snarking),

"she is not too bad" (not snarking),

"I don't like the boot camp thing" (not snarking),

"there's love there" (me!) (not snarking),

"welllll, she reminds me of LL" (...borderline snarking? but she certainly has no familiarity with fj horror stories; she's demonstrated that, so she wouldn't know that the comparison is one that reflects poorly on her in LilMissMetaphor's eyes)...

Anyone else seeing a pattern?

Apart from our idiot resident troll, all the snarking is "I'm not sure", "I don't like the Pearls", "not a fan of instant obedience but otherwise..." The response at the blog is completely out of proportion. Literally the only bad thing I see is Gator's second comment, so if the bloggers in question are reacting to that - guys, nobody here listens to that poster, we all know s/he's a troll who just spouts hateful idiocy and thus, ignore them. Suggest you do the same :)

Well, I will snark on them now for acting like people who don't have huge families don't even like their kids.

Apart from our idiot resident troll, all the snarking is "I'm not sure", "I don't like the Pearls", "not a fan of instant obedience but otherwise..." The response at the blog is completely out of proportion.

Exactly. And yet, J&R's commenters are saying things like "I am so sorry you are going through this" as if they've just discovered they have cancer, or something equally appalling. I also snickered at the "don't you know if they hadn't adopted their girls they would have all turned out to be PROSTITUTES??? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT, NOW IS IT?"

Note to J&R: I did not snicker because a child becoming a prostitute is hilarious, though I'm sure you or one of your commenters will think so...

Well, I will snark on them now for acting like people who don't have huge families don't even like their kids.

Yeah, I like my kid. People say all kinds of snarky, judgmental things to parents of onlies, and actually to the kids' faces. When she was 4, my daughter was told she was selfish because she's an only kid - by an adult. Yeah, all 4 year olds sometimes have a problem with sharing, idiot mother from my past. I was helping her work it out with her friend, and your comment did NOT help. It was annoying for sure, but somehow I didn't think to get my husband to call her up and tell her off.

On the other hand, I can understand more why she was so upset, because I didn't read GGC's comment until just now, I have him/her on ignore. Reading that comment, and not knowing s/he's an idiot most people ignore, makes the whole thread seem more sinister.

I dunno. GGC's comments were out of tenor for the rest of the thread so this overreaction is bizarre. Why not just deal with the fact that people on forums have a variety of views?

I really hate all the sympathy generated because someone mildly disagrees about someone else's family life, too. If you want nothing but uncritical adoration, don't post the minutiae of your life on the Internet. That's like Living 101.

Good grief what an overreaction. I used to have a blog and I was getting comments where people were telling me that I was a horrible person who had no redeeming qualities. I got multiple comments like that. I didn't turn it into a week long Martyr-fest. I wrote a sarcastic blog post saying something to the effect of "Wow, you know your blog has become really popular when you start to get angry comments. So thanks for making me feel so popular!"

And then I moved on with my blog.

I agree she's overreacting, and selecting what to focus on in order to heighten teh dramaz. Reading the GGC comment made her overreaction seem less bizarre to me, is all.

Ive pretty much read most of her blog and I found them likable.. some things are very differnt from how I see them but thats how the world is suppose to be. I DO think that being pg might be making her more emotional just a thought. I actually think she is a home schooler that really has it together (I could NEVER do it, nor do i want to) They have a pretty nice set up for the homeschooling and I bet those kids are learning alot more then other home schoolers mentioned on here. I think she seems pretty loving towards her adopted daughters. All the kids seem happy and well cared for. jmo...

Ive pretty much read most of her blog and I found them likable.. some things are very differnt from how I see them but thats how the world is suppose to be. I DO think that being pg might be making her more emotional just a thought. I actually think she is a home schooler that really has it together (I could NEVER do it, nor do i want to) They have a pretty nice set up for the homeschooling and I bet those kids are learning alot more then other home schoolers mentioned on here. I think she seems pretty loving towards her adopted daughters. All the kids seem happy and well cared for. jmo...

I agree. While they might have political and religious beliefs I don't agree with an some posts have been rather judgemental towards others the family seems happy, the kids are learning and the parents try really hard to be good parents. I feel a bit guilty starting this whole topic but she is way overly defensive. Pregnancy hormones it may be. She shouldn't read here!

Well the post by husband where he used parts of my reply to them has vanished.

honestly i was surprised she found this site offending because really she was not judged harshly here at all. The first time she mentioned it she didn't seem so bothered but then a couple weeks later she seems offended...hormones must be raging.

Yeah, I like my kid. People say all kinds of snarky, judgmental things to parents of onlies, and actually to the kids' faces. When she was 4, my daughter was told she was selfish because she's an only kid - by an adult. Yeah, all 4 year olds sometimes have a problem with sharing, idiot mother from my past. I was helping her work it out with her friend, and your comment did NOT help. It was annoying for sure, but somehow I didn't think to get my husband to call her up and tell her off.

On the other hand, I can understand more why she was so upset, because I didn't read GGC's comment until just now, I have him/her on ignore. Reading that comment, and not knowing s/he's an idiot most people ignore, makes the whole thread seem more sinister.

off topic- but I hear you. I am an only child and I have been told all kinds of crazy about it all my life. The worst is when some horror story is being discussed, and someone says, "he was an only child you know..." Everyone nods their head wisely and clicks their tongue at such horror. Gah. Makes me want to scream.

Why do all these asshats alway imply if you only have or want a couple of kids it is because you don't really like them and they are brats and you haven't invested in them? And then lacking complete self awareness bitch about being harassed for having large families.

She seems like she is better than the bitch LL but the whole we love our kids pretty much makes me think she sucks. And I hope she reads this.

http://lotsofwagners.blogspot.com/2012/ ... tones.html

Whoever said,

"Stick and stones may break my bones,

but words will never hurt me"

must have had thicker skin than me.

Words do hurt.

This is rich coming from someone who says people who only have a couple of kids don't even like them and must make their lives miserable. Princess needs to consider that the stuff she writes is just as hurtful as some of the things written here. Since you probably read here, words do hurt, yours included.

I haven't weighed in on this lately b/c I was kind of sorry they found us. Though I don't like some of what they do, or maybe what I assume they do (ie religious indoctrination, sheltering, etc) it's what they think is right, and I hadn't seen any evidence that they were hypocrites, liars, or just plain mean like some we follow, so I didn't have any desire to smack them around.

I do think it's amazing that people can be so upset by comments from random internet people. If your stuff isn't private anyone can read it, doesn't everyone know that by now? And why do you care what people you don't know or respect say about you? Are you that sheltered that it's shocking that there are people who don't think exactly the way you do?

But the thing that made me feel the need to post something, they seem to have taken down almost every entry we talked about. All the posts bolded below have been removed:

Links to 4 other adoptive moms: lotsofwagners.blogspot.com/2011/05/play-date_14.html removed links (understandably)

Girls can apparently wear normal swimsuits until 8: lotsofwagners.blogspot.com/2011/05/splash-park.html

She feels the need to spell Ethiopia phonetically, instead of just saying, "It's pronounced like the COUNTRY!": lotsofwagners.blogspot.com/2011/05/ethiopia.html

Or perhaps longer on the suits: lotsofwagners.blogspot.com/2011/05/swimming.html

She's not 100% culturally insensitive (but maybe 99%): lotsofwagners.blogspot.com/2011/06/hair.html

Where's mom's big 'ol flower: lotsofwagners.blogspot.com/2011/06/before-and-after.html

And the adopted kids get to see an uncle who lives in the US: lotsofwagners.blogspot.com/2011/05/cheater-cheater-pumpkin-eater.html

Well, I like them better than the Duggars. We'll see...

Not that it's all good: lotsofwagners.blogspot.com/2011/04/what-weve-been-up-to.html

Don't get me wrong from above. She's a nut too. Who's allowing these women to adopt while preggers??

Oops, I spoke too soon:

lotsofwagners.blogspot.com/2011/05/did-you-know.html

DO SOME RESEARCH, MISSY! If the pill only prevented implantation, then it would not work to help my sister who is allergic to her own progesterone. She takes the pill to prevent OVULATION, and if it didn't work, she would be having her whole body swell up right now.

Also, continuing to have kids and have kids and have kids with no regard for the ones you already have is ridiculous.

Some of these pages I made silly comments about, but that was it. And I could understand taking down all the pages so that none of the URLs we pasted were still good, but then the main URL is still there, so what's the point of that? I just found this weird and wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion.

• 5 months later...

From her latest post:

Our kids have great immune systems and can fight the infection themselves, but if I suspect an ear infection I will take them to the dr. to get an antibiotic just to kind of jump start and hurry the process along. We don't even finish them.

:shock:

Antibiotics, you're doing it wrong.

I wonder if Roddy will blast in here telling us what a great mom she is and how dare we question her health choices.

Guest Anonymous
From her latest post:

I wonder if Roddy will blast in here telling us what a great mom she is and how dare we question her health choices.

WTF is wrong with her? Even my vet makes a point of saying finish the antibiotics. I wonder if her doctor has not explained the importance of doing so? Or does she think she knows better than the doctor? Major headdesking. Way to risk your kids' health and everyone else's, dimbulb.

From her latest post:

She obvious has zero understanding of how antibotics work. Jump starting their immune system? She is just setting up so their next ear infection can't be treated with antibotics or has to be treated with a couple of courses of antibotics or very strong ones, which in turn reeks havoc on the body (by killing off beneficial flora) and doesn't jump start it. I wish people weren't so stupid, so I could be less angry.

She obvious has zero understanding of how antibotics work. Jump starting their immune system? She is just setting up so their next ear infection can't be treated with antibotics or has to be treated with a couple of courses of antibotics or very strong ones, which in turn reeks havoc on the body (by killing off beneficial flora) and doesn't jump start it. I wish people weren't so stupid, so I could be less angry.

Word. If I understand things correctly, she's setting her kids up for a nasty case of bacteria that is antibiotic resistant (MRSA or VRE type stuff.)

She wrote about antibiotics and never finishing them:

"We also aren't big on loading our kids up with medicines and antibiotics just because they have a runny nose, sore throat or fever. Ear infections are the exception. I mean that is some serious pain. Our kids have great immune systems and can fight the infection themselves, but if I suspect an ear infection I will take them to the dr. to get an antibiotic just to kind of jump start and hurry the process along. We don't even finish them. And in twelve years and 9 kids we've only had a handful of times- if that -that we've needed a prescription."

FYI if you don't finish antibiotics, bacterial infections can build resistance to them and the antibiotics will no longer work on that particular Bacteria. It's also really important to make sure all antibiotic courses are completed, to make sure you eradicate the bug completely.

It's because of people like her that people like me acquire infections that are resistant to everything except one or two IV antibiotics. Then I'm stuck in the hospital for the better of two weeks.

FINISH YOUR DAMN ANTIBIOTICS!!!

Archived