IGNORED

Lady Lydia- Un-Charitable old witch

ladyamylynn

Health, strength, peace and joy to all who are fighting illness and sadness. I especially hate breast cancer, a miserable disease.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Erm, actually I don't find the bit you quoted to be too terrible...mostly because I grew up with a Mom who *would* take on everyone's problems before making sure she got enough sleep and had time for herself. And I don't mean that she was giving up her second nap or something - literally that she did so much for other people that she didn't always sleep much at night, and she would get so stressed that she would have backaches, migraines, etc, but yet she wouldn't tell someone "no, I can't do x thing for you."

I don't know how to do quotes right, so hopefully that copied right. I was trying to talk about Liltwinstar's mom who couldn't or wouldn't say "no" to people asking her for favors, even though at the cost of her own health and her own family.

Here is a verse from the book of Galations: "But the fruits of the spirit are forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." (In other words, once you're a Christian, you're pretty much always in control of all your emotions, always happy and ready to help out.)

I'm sure there are better verses to quote here that I can't remember, but one thing I sturggled with all the time when I was a Christian was that I should never feel sad and always be ready to help someone else. Like the Duggars JOY. Jesus first, Others next, Yourself last. When I started to get super super bad depression this made me feel a thousand times worse about myself.

On first reading, Lydia's post smacked me as really selfish, fourth reading I got it. Why is she so sanctimonious???? It burns!

If this was anyone other than Lydia, ZsuZsu, Kelly and so on, I would almost certainly assume they didn't mean to sound so unfeeling, and they were either trying to reach women who perhaps do far too much for far too many people, or else talking about people who are users and energy-drainers.

However, since it's Lydia's blog, I know that she means exactly what everyone here has said. She is a mean, selfish, bitter and deeply unoriginal thinker, who snipes away at others from behind the spotless white lace curtains of her glitter-infused pink bitch cave while congratulating herself for having such insight into the worldly ways of others.

To those who are struggling with ill-health, I really hope that your situations improve. It's so frightening to watch someone you love battle with cancer, and I cannot imagine what it must be like to battle the disease yourself. Please look after yourselves and know that positive thoughts are with you.

Like the Duggars JOY. Jesus first, Others next, Yourself last.

At the risk of resorting to proof texting, please show me in the Bible where this is a concept taught in Scripture. Jesus, others and you spells JOY is not Biblical. It's manipulation.

I don't know how to do quotes right, so hopefully that copied right. I was trying to talk about Liltwinstar's mom who couldn't or wouldn't say "no" to people asking her for favors, even though at the cost of her own health and her own family.

Here is a verse from the book of Galations: "But the fruits of the spirit are forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." (In other words, once you're a Christian, you're pretty much always in control of all your emotions, always happy and ready to help out.)

I'm sure there are better verses to quote here that I can't remember, but one thing I sturggled with all the time when I was a Christian was that I should never feel sad and always be ready to help someone else. Like the Duggars JOY. Jesus first, Others next, Yourself last. When I started to get super super bad depression this made me feel a thousand times worse about myself.

On first reading, Lydia's post smacked me as really selfish, fourth reading I got it. Why is she so sanctimonious???? It burns!

I would disagree with the line that I've bolded above. Being Christian doesn't mean instant happiness all the time; if it did, we'd all be more than a little Stepford-y. And I don't see how you get that Christians are supposed to be always ready to help out--sometimes you can't do that without burning out and that's OK. If you have depression, you have to take care of yourself before you can help other people. It's like what they tell you on airplanes: in the event of losing cabin pressure, you put on your own mask before you help someone else. It works (or should work) the same in Christianity. And that's the whole point of community, to me; when you can't do something, there's someone else there to help and when you are able to do things, you return that help to someone else who needs it. It may not always play out like that, but that's the way I think it's meant to work.

I own an iron but I think in 18 years of living on my own its only been used a handful of times. This quote reminded me of my aunt telling me when she was first married, she used to iron the sheets and pillowcases!

And underwear too! I'm religious about ironing but I quit the sheets and underwear long ago. I still iron pillowcases. I iron every Sunday afternoon. I love ironing. Why, It reminds me of my grandmother, she too loved ironing.

Just had to post when I saw Lady Lydia's screed about abortion-breast cancer. Let it be known that I have never had an abortion, gave birth to two lovely children within wedlock, and have been a breast cancer survivor for the last six years.

There are so many reputable, large studies that refute this yet over and over fundies write this as if it's the gospel truth. It simply isn't true.

Good luck on your breast cancer journey. I'm 9 years from original diagnosis, 7 years from recurrence. I'm sorry about your bio mother's death.

I'm supposed to iron now? Shit, I thought I was successful at doing my laundry if nothing got stolen from my load! (To date: three tee-shirts, a pair of sneakers, a pair of *moderately expensive* awesome skinny jeans, six pairs of panties, and FSM only knows where all my missing socks end up...)

Well socks disappear even in home washing machines. Nothing gets stolen though.

I am certainly weird in this regard and admit that even my close friends think so, but I kind of like to iron. I have a top of the line iron and for some reason I get some undoubtedly strange satisfaction watching the wrinkles disappear in an instant. I pull everything out of the dryer while still ever-so-slightly damp, so rarely do we have anything really wrinkled, and I don't keep a "basket of ironing" like my momma did. I just iron clothes for the next day as needed for me and the husband and sometimes the boys. They all iron, too, though. I just like a nice, sharp creases in trousers and crisp dress shirts.

I know, I probably need help. :D

eta: I don't iron underwear or sheets, though!

I used to love to iron. When I was in college and still lived at home, part of my responsibility was to iron. Fair exchange since I didn't pay rent. I'd turn on All My Children and iron through that, One Life to Live and by the time General Hospital came on I was done. I did my moms nurses uniforms, my stepdad's short sleeved dress shirts with 2 pockets, and handkerchiefs. Lord I did so many handkerchiefs.

LL makes me sad. She's so firmly entrenched in her mindset that even when presented with facts she puts her fingers in her ears and goes neener neener neener I can't hear you.....I hope it doesn't come back to bite her on her ass bigtime.

[

There are so many reputable, large studies that refute this yet over and over fundies write this as if it's the gospel truth. It simply isn't true.

They moan and groan about the lack of critical thinking in our society, but latch onto any half-baked conspiracy theory that furthers their agenda and just won't let go.

And prayers to those of you enduring the scourge of breast cancer.

May you have strength, peace, endurance, and victory.

I am certainly weird in this regard and admit that even my close friends think so, but I kind of like to iron. I have a top of the line iron and for some reason I get some undoubtedly strange satisfaction watching the wrinkles disappear in an instant. I pull everything out of the dryer while still ever-so-slightly damp, so rarely do we have anything really wrinkled, and I don't keep a "basket of ironing" like my momma did. I just iron clothes for the next day as needed for me and the husband and sometimes the boys. They all iron, too, though. I just like a nice, sharp creases in trousers and crisp dress shirts.

Wow, that's impressive. I might iron once a year (for real). Something I like to do, when it comes to housework, is to scrub the floors. :)

I am certainly weird in this regard and admit that even my close friends think so, but I kind of like to iron.

Not weird in my book. I love to iron. And I recently was given an old wooden ironing board from the 1950's. I love it, so much sturdier than the new metal ones.

Wow, that's impressive. I might iron once a year (for real). Something I like to do, when it comes to housework, is to scrub the floors. :)

Too bad we aren't in the same country. I'd do your ironing and you could scrub my floors. Now, who wants to barter cleaning my refrigerator for ironing?

Guest Anonymous

Just to see if her site was as atrocious as I remembered it, I took a look and showed my husband. His take:

"Babe, I love you but not enough to live inside a Pepto-Bismol bottle".

Archived