IGNORED

So How Are Those Kids Supposed to Eat? Thinking Housewife

emmiedahl

This guy (It cannot be a woman) writes things that are as painful to read as KKK literature. On one hand, I think that s/he has a very low opinion of males. Truly, if males were so much better, smarter, stronger then women would not have been able to negotiate the zigaroot and climb to the top as we certainly have.

So true. I WTFed over this gem:

When men are forced to compete with women, a significant minority of them become apathetic and unmotivated.

Really? Those poor little men. :roll:

So true. I WTFed over this gem:

Really? Those poor little men. :roll:

Yeah, definitely a WTF statement. It really kind of sounds like their (the "signficant minority") problem. If my very presence in the marketplace is going to cause some man to live in his parents' basement and play video games all day in his underwear, how is that my problem?

kids are supposed to eat? what nonsense. its much more important to make sure that all those weakling males who are terrified of the working girl feel like they are needed (in the context of marriage of course) than to ensure that children eat. plus who cares about babies born out of wedlock anyway? ones they are out of the uterus, they shouldn't be anybody's problem.

Laurence, aka "[Non]Thinking Housewife" is probably the most vile person I've ever witnessed in my encounters on the internet. Why the hell doesn't this board have a Fundie "Shit List"?! Laurence should definitely be at the top, cause everything he says and does is shit! He has absolutely no redeeming qualities!

and I have nothing to say on the actual topic at hand, because the thinking housewife is such a bundle of crazy, as emmiedahl mentions, that I can't be arsed reading it, barring some special exceptions (see: if you're not white you're not British)

Totally ;) Because my non white relatives who have lived here all their lives are totes not British according to a random American. That one really wound me up.

Small relative, of who I sometimes speak, is of mixed race. We get towards the UN on one side of our family ;) The idea that any of them wouldn't be Scottish because of their background or colouring is horrible to me.

I said before, in Scotland there's a statement "We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns". It means "We are all equal". The Lousewife should think on.

Okay....so to summarize. Men shouldn't have to pay child support for illegitimate children...so that would cause women to not have premarital sex OR force the dude into marriage should a pregnancy result??? Really? That is just twisted.....

She's also not a big fan of inter-racial adoption. I'm not sure how illegitimate babies that aren't pure white are supposed to survive, if their mothers can't get decent employment and their father won't pay support and they can't be adopted.

The problem with many fundie thinking is they state their ideas based on how people *should* behave. They can't fathom a policy based on what people end up doing. People *should* get married before they have kids, therefore we shouldn't allow child support for illegitimate children. People shouldn't have children out of wedlock anyways. People shouldn't get abortion because people shouldn't put themselves in situations where abortions are needed, therefore there is no need for abortions. I feel many fundies don't understand that not everyone does things according to their morals, or that people can make mistakes. Pregnancies can happen under less than ideal circumstances. People can lose their homes through no fault of their own. Life happens. I guess all that staying at home blinds fundies to the misfortunes of others.

After talking to several of my friends and reading posts here about how a lot of women have to fight tooth and nail to get any kind of financial support from their ex, I consider myself extremely lucky. My ex-husband has never missed a support payment and I've never heard him complain about having to pay. He maintains health insurance on his kids and pays half the expenses that insurance doesn't cover (per our divorce agreement). He helps pay for any extra activities the kids want to do if I can't cover it all (he enrolled and took our daughter to "mommy and me" swimming lessons when she was 16 months old). In fact, on one or two occasions, he paid my rent and/or bought groceries when I had large, unexpected expenses (I did pay him back for those things). Legally, his financial obligations end with child support and healthcare bills, but he does a lot more. I rarely have to ask him for the extra help--he just does it. Why? Because he loves his kids and doesn't want to see them starving or out on the street. And he wants to give them the same opportunities that other kids have as far as extracurricular stuff goes.

Of course, The Stinking Housewife would probably say that my ex-husband is "feminized" and not half the man he should be. To which ex-hubby would probably say "Ah, suck it!"

Ah, but you see, you apparently had your children within the sacred marital relationship, which makes all the difference. Your children clearly need food/shelter/"daddy time" more than those born on the "wrong side of the blanket." :lol:

Today her post is critical of a mom from 16 and Pregnant who is going to college.

I think Lawrence reads The Scarlet Letter and nods approvingly. Except that the protagonist works, when really she and her daughter should have starved to death. I guess all great literature has flaws, right?

Ah, but you see, you apparently had your children within the sacred marital relationship, which makes all the difference. Your children clearly need food/shelter/"daddy time" more than those born on the "wrong side of the blanket." :lol:

The Stinking Housewife would still hate me because A) We didn't get married until our son was about 18 months old, B) I was the one who filed for divorce, not him, and C) My ex-husband is African American (so by having biracial children, we've doomed our children to a horrible life where they'll be confused about their identity and shunned by both White and Black people, dontcha know?)

I like to think of the Stinker's disgust with people like me as a badge of honor. :D

This is a small point in comparison to her overall disgustingness, but it bugs the shit out of me when fundies make the "women never worked outside the home before this century" argument. Wtf do they think poor families used to do? They just all magically had the ability to support a family on one tiny income? Or how about all the mothers that managed home-based cottage industries or were domestic workers? And when mothers couldn't work in very poor families children and parents often starved or had to beg. I guess in her eyes it is "better" for society to have poor people dying off in large numbers and high infant mortality than to have women working outside the home.

That also irks me too. Fundies tend to ignore certain facts about past eras especially about women who did outside the home in different roles or capacities.

When it comes to fundies' views on women who work outside of the home, they tend lack logic about our current society. There have been a couple of bloggers like Anna T and Jessica/Latisha who stated on their blogs that women shouldn't be working outside the home. Anna T suggested that there would be more jobs for men if women didn't work.

Anna and Jessica both don't realize that our society functions as well as it does, partially because of working women. Without women in the workforce, many things would be disrupted. If women want to stay home that is fine, but they shouldn't bash women who work outside the home.

The TH is a douche who lacks compassion and reasoning for other people's situations.

Today her post is critical of a mom from 16 and Pregnant who is going to college.

I think Lawrence reads The Scarlet Letter and nods approvingly. Except that the protagonist works, when really she and her daughter should have starved to death. I guess all great literature has flaws, right?

I saw that post too. The TH or Lawrence or whoever he or she is probably loathes the idea of any attention being paid to unwed moms. I bet TH posted that to show his/her disdain over "sinful women."

The problem with many fundie thinking is they state their ideas based on how people *should* behave. They can't fathom a policy based on what people end up doing. People *should* get married before they have kids, therefore we shouldn't allow child support for illegitimate children. People shouldn't have children out of wedlock anyways. People shouldn't get abortion because people shouldn't put themselves in situations where abortions are needed, therefore there is no need for abortions. I feel many fundies don't understand that not everyone does things according to their morals, or that people can make mistakes. Pregnancies can happen under less than ideal circumstances. People can lose their homes through no fault of their own. Life happens. I guess all that staying at home blinds fundies to the misfortunes of others.

But I don't actually accept their premises of how people should behave. I don't think that people should always get married before having kids, for example. This is one reason that fundies will never be able to convince me of their arguments, because I don't accept their assumptions in the first place.

Maybe that is the point. Deep down, she/he doesn't feel like such kids are worth living. Maybe he thinks since the circumstances of their births do not match up with what he considers "godliness," they are not part of the elect anyway, and may as well go to hell sooner than later.

I don't know. I sure hope not, but it makes you wonder.

Archived