IGNORED

Peter Serven's wedding pictures

Marian the Librarian

I know less than nothing about photography, but those photos look awesome to me. I wish mine had turned out that well. (Mine are nice enough, but not like those.) Also, I love the photographer's hair. But I digress.

It looks as if it was a lovely, not fundie-cheap, wedding. Peter's sisters are looking more grown-up, the couple seems to be more comfortable together than a lot of fundie couples, and Meredith is a very attractive woman and a beautiful bride.

Aww, those are nice pictures. They do look pretty comfortable with each other for a fundie couple. And I like the picture of them goofing off, esp. since the Servens have always struck me as very serious people. (I've seen a little evidence that they cut loose and just have fun, but not much.) Speaking of which - those bridesmaid dresses! I don't think I've ever seen the Serven girls show that much skin. Scandalous, right? Anyway, as much as I dislike their religious beliefs, I do wish them a happy marriage.

You're right. The only thing that appears unattractive from those photos are the hideous ballet flats the bridesmaids are wearing. I like ballet flats and wear them regularly, but for a fancy occasion where you're wearing a nice dress they just look plain tacky.

Nice photography. If you look closely at a couple of the reception photos you will see the upper story of an unfinished pole barn, a huge unfinished pole barn.

Its a pitty all she was worth was some party dresses and some pretty table settings. I guess a fresh hymen only goes for so much now adays.

Aww, pretty pics!

Maybe the bride wanted her bridesmaids to be comfortable? Heels, particularly the super dressy kind, aren't usually awesome when you're on your feet all day. So, kudos to her for making her friends comfortable!

Peter and Meredith look to be around the same height. Is he not very tall? Perhaps the bridesmaids all wore ballet flats so no one would be taller than Peter. I attended a wedding one time where that was the case.

I liked her dress-very different than the usual 1980s era so many seem to favor. HOW did she keep that dress clean on the wet pavement?

Wow I love those photos, esp the black and white ones, very vintage looking. No way you'd know these two were fundies. They even danced! (if Christopher Maxwell were dead he'd be rolling over in his grave!).

I love her dress too, super stylish and modest enough at the same time.

When I came to the one of them being silly, I laughed. Such happiness :) I'm really glad for them, and hope they have a happy time.

Guest Anonymous

Four observations:

1) Yes -- these are great pics, and I agree, I would never guess from looking at them that they are fundies with extreme views.

2) Peter looks pretty defrauding to me, especially in the first pic. First time I ever thought that way about him.

3) The oldest unmarried Serven sister (is her name Sarah?) is really looking pretty. I hope she becomes as interesting as Beth and Rebecca. Recently the Servens have been a bit of a snore.

4) OK, now for the rough stuff. I can't believe I am going to berate fundies for not being traditional enough, but I think the tie-less look on all the groomsmen looks really goofy. The first pic of just Peter is fine but then when you get the groomsmen together in matching outfits but no ties, it just looks wrong to me. Of course, I realize that I may be out of step with the times on this and ties are probably going to be obsolete soon. Just call me an old fuddy-duddy.

Wow. I never thought I'd say this about a fundie wedding, but everything was beautiful and tasteful and classy. I am sure the snow initially threw them off for an October wedding, but it really just made the images. It totally could have been planned as a winter wedding. I like the no tie look; the casual-ness of it. Really. Nicest looking wedding, and not just fundie, I've seen pics of in a long time.

I can only hope their marriage is as classy.

I don't see Rebecca or Beth. Or am I just overlooking them?

If they're not there, perhaps pregnancies interfering with their traveling might be the reason...

Gosh, can't believe how Lydia and Sarah have grown. I too hope Sarah picks up the slack on that blog. I've missed it. (The Servens were my gateway fundies.)

I think the photos are lovely and it looked like way more fun than either Beth's or Rebecca's wedding. Beautiful bride, and I'm not offended at all that Peter didn't wear a tie. It was nice that Pa Serven performed the ceremony, but yes, Beth and Rebecca seem to be nowhere to be found. Hello, Serven Clan, we need some information here! Blog about it, already! Wassup with the girls????

What I found nice about the photos was it looked like Peter and Meredith were actually having FUN. I know the Servens do generally like to have fun, but we've not seen this in the photos of either of the girls' weddings. I think he's probably a pretty good catch (as is she) for fundies.

Very lovely.

And I can't tell you how happy I am to finally see a fundie wedding photo set without the whole ==>this is their first kiss, and i mean first kiss ever, as in ever and ever, because we're fundies and we only touch each other with rulers, and they never ever kissed before, only now, did I mention this is their very first kiss?!!?11!?

More pics on behance.net/gallery/Peter-Meredith-Serven/2303514

Haven't looked through them all, but spotted Rebecca in one of the firsts next to Stephen.

I agree that they look very happy and comfy with each other. Cute dress, beautiful bride! Buuuut: I totally have to snark on the pictures linked in the first post: There is one in which he is wrapping an arm around her, hand on her belly with her hand, too, which looks...uhm.. pretty unfortunate for a couple in VF-circles.

And: I am so glad that that they have chosen a talented photographer and not the guy that shot poor Beth's wedding. :lol:

On the behance.net gallery, is the other minister (with Daddy Serven) the loathsome Kevin Swanson?

More pics on behance.net/gallery/Peter-Meredith-Serven/2303514

Haven't looked through them all, but spotted Rebecca in one of the firsts next to Stephen.

I agree that they look very happy and comfy with each other. Cute dress, beautiful bride! Buuuut: I totally have to snark on the pictures linked in the first post: There is one in which he is wrapping an arm around her, hand on her belly with her hand, too, which looks...uhm.. pretty unfortunate for a couple in VF-circles.

And: I am so glad that that they have chosen a talented photographer and not the guy that shot poor Beth's wedding. :lol:

lol when I saw that I thought: uh so now you own her uterus? :P

I thought these were beautiful! I've been to some lovely fundie weddings so I wouldn't want people to think 4 hour sermons and bad decorations are the norm. It really isn't.

I thought this was a lovely wedding. This is the first modest wedding dress I have seen that looked like a normal, non-frumpy dress. I kind of like the ballet flats--some women hate heels, why put your bridesmaids through that?

lol when I saw that I thought: uh so now you own her uterus? :P

Well he does own her uterus, and those of their female as yet unborn children. You can dress them all up in fashionable garb, do glowing photos, but the fact is the woman is merely a piece of property whose management has been turned over to another male.

Sorry to rain on anyones parade but I can't celebrate this crap just because it has pleasing visuals.

The close ups of the center pieces were nice. However, the other website with pictures of the reception didn't look all that impressive. The reception site itself was a bit disappointing, it was at a gym or barn or something. I guess photography can really make a wedding appear nice or not. Anyways, the wedding appears nicer than some of the other fundies ones I've seen. I can't tell if the food was good or not, but at least they allowed dancing!

Archived