IGNORED

Sister Wives Family Welcome 17th/Baby Boy Born (MERGED)

dawn9476

I like Merri, Janelle and Christine but can't stand Robyn. She just seems so two faced. However I'm glad the baby is finally here and everyone is healthy.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From this season, it seems that Christine is not that fond of Robyn. I've noticed that she'll make sly remarks towards Robyn, like the gym episode where she says "I don't want to be that skinny" or when she got pissed when Kody kissed Robyn.

I don't know, I just cannot stand Robyn. She throws herself a pity party with her crying to gain sympathy from others which is getting old now. When she announced her pregnancy and the older ones didn't get all jumpy--pity party. So annoying.

And THEY ARE NOT MARRIED, except in the eyes of the Mormon god. It really irks me that People mag (and everyone else) says they're married. THEY ARE NOT MARRIED.

To be fair, People magazine also describes same-sex couples as married, even if they don't have a legal marriage. I don't have a problem with respecting the right of people to call themselves married, even though their weddings might not have been recognized by law.

The commercial going around now for next week's episode has somthing going on with the kids where Meri is hollering at them, then asks "can I get some back up from the other moms here?", Then they show the interview where Robyn (sorta crying, of course) saying that if her kids don't feel they are fitting in they can choose not to live with her. It's probably a problem with assimilation, Robyns kids are used to being with her, and the regular kids are used to being in their family, so it's typical blending family problems, maybe they're not handling them so well.

Aside from that, the last couple of epi's have had some lingering jealousy ect. between the wives, and Robyn seems to think she's the special snowflake in the bunch and she's happy as pie, where the other 3 are all questioning their respective places within the relationship at one time or another.

I would try TLC's website to see if they show past epidodes, or Utube maybe??

ETA to fix a riffle

Of course is right. Robyn's always crying or tearing up about something :roll:

So Robyn's kids have the choice to go back with their dad if they're not feeling the whole Kody/Sister Wife thing?

I think Kody really fucked things up when he took on Robyn. First, she is a lot younger, slimmer and cuter than the other wives, which is guaranteed to be a problem. Second, she has major baggage--financial and mental, I am not even talking about her kids. Third, they were stretched already as far as they could go.

Seriously, if you can make polygamy work, good for you. But don't keeping pushing it. He has seriously fucked up his household and created drama just because he wanted a cute trophy wife.

Not to mention that the first three wives didn't necessarily look thrilled to be weighed and have the number announced on national television. Janelle in particular looked very uncomfortable about it. I'm not saying that people should be ashamed of their weight (at all), but I just feel like they were pressured into it for the sake of the program, and perhaps not their choice to share. Not to mention there's Robyn standing there very pregnant weighing in at 158 pounds.

To be fair, People magazine also describes same-sex couples as married, even if they don't have a legal marriage. I don't have a problem with respecting the right of people to call themselves married, even though their weddings might not have been recognized by law.

I get your point. However, the same-sex couples I know have been married in states which sanction same-sex marriage. I guess what really gets my goat is that polygamists demand that we recognize their "spiritual" marriages, because their God says they're married.

I get your point. However, the same-sex couples I know have been married in states which sanction same-sex marriage. I guess what really gets my goat is that polygamists demand that we recognize their "spiritual" marriages, because their God says they're married.

Well, very few states permit same-sex marriage, and none of those marriages are federally recognized, so same-sex couples are often in exactly the same boat as the Brown family. I don't know; it doesn't bother me. I don't believe in any gods, Mormon or otherwise, but if polygamists have a wedding ceremony and consider themselves married, then I'm fine with recognizing that.

Ok, now I've watched season 3, thank you internet.

Robyn's little 'yay!" at the weigh-in made me want to bitch slap her.

Has there been anything that's come out on her ex? I'm dying to know that story and how he feels about his kids' new lives and new daddy.

Has there been anything that's come out on her ex? I'm dying to know that story and how he feels about his kids' new lives and new daddy.

Do they kids refer to all their mothers as 'mom'? Because if not, telling the kids to call their new stepfather 'Dad' (as well as their father, if he's involved in their lives!) is a bit, uh, well, not that surprising, actually.

I think Kody really fucked things up when he took on Robyn. First, she is a lot younger, slimmer and cuter than the other wives, which is guaranteed to be a problem. Second, she has major baggage--financial and mental, I am not even talking about her kids. Third, they were stretched already as far as they could go.

Seriously, if you can make polygamy work, good for you. But don't keeping pushing it. He has seriously fucked up his household and created drama just because he wanted a cute trophy wife.

Cuter? I guess beauty is in eye of the beholder. I think she has a Jay Leno chin. She kind of looks like a skinnier, brunette version of Christine. Yet, I find Christine likable and more attractive than Robyn.

BTW, I HATE the name Solomon! Horrible name for a baby. Yes, I'm aware of the Biblical reference, but wow, what a shitty name for a child.

...Not to mention that the first three wives didn't necessarily look thrilled to be weighed and have the number announced on national television. Janelle in particular looked very uncomfortable about it. I'm not saying that people should be ashamed of their weight (at all), but I just feel like they were pressured into it for the sake of the program, and perhaps not their choice to share. Not to mention there's Robyn standing there very pregnant weighing in at 158 pounds.

They actually did that on TV? (I haven't watched; I have less tolerance for this show than for 19K&C, and that is saying a lot, since I can't watch 19K&C for more than a minute and a half...)

I don't think that lifestyle is benign at all. I agree with the previous poster who pointed that out.

I was horrified when they announced the numbers at the weigh in. I had an eating disorder for many years and now insist on being weighed backwards. Last time the nurse said the number (way too high, so I'd really rather not know) under her breath and I'm wishing I'd said something to my doctor. I can't imagine having that announced on national television.

I do believe Robyn's comment about Kody liking "curvy" women, especially since he married Janelle when she was larger than she is now. However, what's more important to Kody is a young and fertile wife, and that Robyn clearly is.

Is it possible Robyn has an eating disorder? I know she was pregnant when she started gagging at that restaurant over the smell of the food, but I think they said she does it all the time and it had nothing to do with her pregnancy. The food seemed to freak her out. Granted, it was a Chinese food buffet...

Young, fertile, skinny wife - but with seemingly tons of baggage.

Guest Anonymous

Koala- I completely agree..Robin is not that cute. Sure she is slimmer than the others but the other wives have much prettier faces and come off way more intelligent than Robin.

In that picture of the baby, Meri looks like she's totally "over it", and Janelle looks like she's faking it. That said, it kind of makes sense that they would be, because it seems to me that Meri and Janelle are more likely to 'do their own thing' eventually. I thought it was particularly interesting when they had that big *crisis* about finding a church for their kids - remember, Kody claimed at the beginning of the series that if their kids wanted to practice a different religion or none at all, they'd be supported in that. Janelle seemed completely unphased when her kids said they may not want to practice polygamy, and didn't mind them going to a different church, and Meri seemed okay with the youth group too, but Robyn, Christine and Kody went apesh!t that the kids were going to be associating with non-Mormon kids.

I really like Janelle too.

Here is the order in which I'd want one of them as my own sister wife:

Janelle --> Meri ---> Christine ---> Robyn

It was a toss up who was worse - Christine or Robyn, but Robyn wins because I can't stand all her crying and attention-whoring. Christine is just kind of a ditz, imo.

Robyn reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld, where Jerry's girlfriend was only pretty in certain lighting. (Saw that epi in a re-run awhile back and actually thought of Robyn as I watched it.) It's like when Robyn shows a certain profile, she totally looks like she should be in a dark cave, stirring a bubbling caldron and chanting, "Double, double toil and trouble."

Love this show... but can anyone stand Christine? Ever since Robin came into the picture, Christine has been acting like the baby in the family who was suddenly upstaged by a newborn. So selfish and whiny and pulling stunts to get Kody to pay attention to her. I liked her up until this season. In a polyg family, you can't be "the new wife" forever.

Love this show... but can anyone stand Christine? Ever since Robin came into the picture, Christine has been acting like the baby in the family who was suddenly upstaged by a newborn. So selfish and whiny and pulling stunts to get Kody to pay attention to her. I liked her up until this season. In a polyg family, you can't be "the new wife" forever.

Except....she kinda was. He took on all 3 wives within a relatively short time period. They all had their babies together and had been a family for YEARS. I don't think it was totally unreasonable of Christine to think she was the last wife.

This show makes me sick. To popularize this lifestyle (in a cute see how it can be done) this way, to show it as if it's some sort of authentic lifestyle, by putting it on TV is horrible!!! This is such a horrible lifestyle, and while this particular family may or may not be happy (I doubt thy are) it is nit a healthy environement for any of the parties concerned. Especially for children being forced to assimilate into it. To encourage it like this...is unvbelievable.

But AKDA, from what I have observed from months and years of close contact with poly families of all walks of life, all backgrounds, and all ethnic backgrounds, they are as happy or happier than the many "normal" families (including many of my closest friends and so much family) are or even could be.

Guest Anonymous
But AKDA, from what I have observed from months and years of close contact with poly families of all walks of life, all backgrounds, and all ethnic backgrounds, they are as happy or happier than the many "normal" families (including many of my closest friends and so much family) are or even could be.

oscar, you have won the internets. Where would you like them sent?

Archived